Home

Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

This is a discussion on Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-17-2005, 01:14 AM   #489
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTREMEGAMER
hey pared, your sliders are great, am getting realistic results, but the only things you should work at more is adjusting the sliders that make pitchers throw more wild pitches (WP) passed balls (PB), b/c am getting less of them in the game. i played about 30+ games in mVP and i seen 5 PB and 2 WP in 30 games, all done by me. itll be greatly appreciated if in your next slider adjustments you'll fixed that problem.
Why not try it on your own?
Old 03-17-2005, 07:00 AM   #490
P*ng

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano
what is your pitch meter at? I use contact of 12 and power 0 and gave up homeruns to willie bloomquest and some other SS/2b with no power. I liked this because i made a mistake pitch in the red. With these settings mistake pitches will kill you. Unless, your pitcher is on a roll. I have found that pitchers can do no wrong when they get in a groove. if you throw a mistake pich down the pipe to a power hitter it will be a line drive to the 3rd base. sort of cool i think.
That's a good point about being in a groove, I've noticed that too. There are some days you can just seem to do no wrong, and that happens in reality, and I can easily deal with that. I just seem to be having too many of those days, and I doubt it's because I'm such a great pitcher LOL. Anyway, I had been using pitch meter at -23, CPU power at 0, CPU contact at 10, and that wasn't getting it done. I played a couple games last night with the pitch meter at -30, CPU power at 7, CPU contact at 21 and it was better, so that's going in the right direction. In those two games I beat the Braves both times with 9th inning comebacks by shelling Kolb . First game was 4-3 (down 3-2 in the 9th), second game 7-4 (down 4-3 in the 9th, 3-run HR by Phillips curled inside the left field foul pole). So I gave up some runs, which is good. I had Zambrano and Pedro pitching those games. I need to play another handful of games with these changes and see how things shake out.

On another note, I then played a game on MVP default, and I got hammered 9-2. I was the Cardinals playing against the Yankees. They tagged me for 3 Hr's, a double, 2 triples (freakin' Womack) and 14 total hits. So there's certainly somewhere to turn if I can't solve my "problems" on All-Star.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:00 AM   #491
P*ng

OVR: 10

alright, these changes have given me some CPU offense....pitching meter at -30, CPUT contact at 21, CPU power at 7. I played a 3-game series against Houston last night, as the Mets. I lost the first 2 games, 5-3 and 7-5, cam back to pound Calor Hernandez 8-4 in the last game. Once again it's a must to be careful when pitching to the CPU, as they can bring the lumber now. I love it.

a side note: Brad Lidge is FILTHY, damn. He can't leave town fast enough. FB hits 99, slider at 89 and has a hard, late break. Pure evil.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2005, 08:56 AM   #492
All Star

Rod_Carew29's Arena

Icon14 Re: Brad Lidge

You know...I had to check back on some notes I made of Lidge from the 2004 season. Yes, his slider, while not as filthy as Randy Johnson's, is still devastating. But the key is 'late breaking'. I've come to understand that 'late breaking' is a compromise of sort, on the velocity vs. movement. Thank God this game had the pitch sliders. In MVP 2005, they got his movement at 99. IMO, that should be modified to 90. The velocity scaled to 84. The scaling down of the movement ALONG WITH the 84 mph speed, will show up as a pitch that doesnt have that over-pronounced movement BEFORE the pitch gets to the plate.

scorp

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawasman
alright, these changes have given me some CPU offense....pitching meter at -30, CPUT contact at 21, CPU power at 7. I played a 3-game series against Houston last night, as the Mets. I lost the first 2 games, 5-3 and 7-5, cam back to pound Calor Hernandez 8-4 in the last game. Once again it's a must to be careful when pitching to the CPU, as they can bring the lumber now. I love it.

a side note: Brad Lidge is FILTHY, damn. He can't leave town fast enough. FB hits 99, slider at 89 and has a hard, late break. Pure evil.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:15 PM   #493
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Brad Lidge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod_Carew29
You know...I had to check back on some notes I made of Lidge from the 2004 season. Yes, his slider, while not as filthy as Randy Johnson's, is still devastating. But the key is 'late breaking'. I've come to understand that 'late breaking' is a compromise of sort, on the velocity vs. movement. Thank God this game had the pitch sliders. In MVP 2005, they got his movement at 99. IMO, that should be modified to 90. The velocity scaled to 84. The scaling down of the movement ALONG WITH the 84 mph speed, will show up as a pitch that doesnt have that over-pronounced movement BEFORE the pitch gets to the plate.

scorp
That's just weak, turning down Lidge's slider ratings so that you can hit him. The velocity on his slider is in fact 89-90 MPH. He does have great movement on it as well. How else do you strike out 157 batters as a closer. All you had to do was watch him pitch down the stretch last year and you would realize that EA has his ratings right on!
Old 03-19-2005, 12:25 AM   #494
All Star

Rod_Carew29's Arena

Exclamation Re: Brad Lidge @ SCHNCH

"That's just weak, turning down Lidge's slider ratings so that you can hit him."

Let me straighten your *** out...WEAK has aboslutely nothing to do with this. I have a REAL life. My life/lifestyle is NOT predicated by a GAME....man, are you trippin'?!?!?

So now YOUR drawers are all caught up in a bunch because of my explanation....puh-leaze! Relax...and don't be so stupid. I'm going to break it down to you like this:

I LOVE facing Mariano Rivera, Eric Gagne, John Smoltz and Billy Wagner in the game...Wagner, by the way, is the ONLY pitcher to my knowledge in MLB who throws an across-the-board CONSISTANTLY rated 90+ slider. If I have no problem facing those guys, what's the big deal facing Lidge?!?!?

#1 Brad Lidge's slider AVERAGES between 82-86 MPH. Irregardless of what you try to say, THAT'S the truth.

#2 MOST MVP 2004/2005 gamers (but apparently not all; take you for example), KNOW that the CPU will pitch on average 1-2 MPH HIGHER that the set speed for any pitch..hence, my setting his speed to 84....You know......84 + 2 = 86...ok?

#3 I've seen Lidge pitch more than a few times...I'm not gonna sit here and make up a lie talking about I did or did not see him throw a 90 MPH slider. I'll tell you this, if so, it's part of his MPH average...and certainly not the majority gun reading.

#4 I've left Lidge's 'great' movement intact...even tweaking it down slightly...Check this...if Randy Johnson...who is acknowledged to have THE most devastating slider for a lefty starter in MLB...is rated a '99' for movement in this game, there is NO WAY that Lidge gets the same movement rating. This is why I dropped it down a notch. Now if you think his slider rates with R.J.'s, then you need help.

#5 How else do you strike out 157 batters? You REALLY can't be serious, can you? You can take off your cheerleading outfit....EA's ratings are FARRRRRRRR from accurate in FARRRRRRR too many instances...particulary with pitchers' speed ratings and their overall arsenal of pitches.

So what if this one little detail is off? It's more than velocity and movement homie....it's ALWAYS about location, set up and pitch count...THAT is what makes the great strikeout pitchers great....

#6 From the official scouting report:

"...Lidge is a fastball-slider pitcher who relies on his slider (82-86 MPH) as his primary pitch...he has developed the slider into such a devastating pitch, he can throw it at will...he disguises it (in his glove), making it look like a fastball upon delivery, but it breaks late..he throws it in and out of the strike zone...He throws 96-97 MPH and tops out at 99 with his (power) fastball...has just a fair feel for his changeup..."

Scorp

The velocity on his slider is in fact 89-90 MPH. He does have great movement on it as well. How else do you strike out 157 batters as a closer. All you had to do was watch him pitch down the stretch last year and you would realize that EA has his ratings right on!

Last edited by Rod_Carew29; 03-19-2005 at 12:30 AM. Reason: misspellings
Old 03-19-2005, 01:39 AM   #495
Community Manager

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Hey bud, I hate to tell you this.

Lidge's slider is constantly around/above 90 mph. Courtesy of Rob Neyer:

Quote:
Brad Lidge (2002 2004)
Comment: Reliever Brad Lidge has better stuff and command than the closer he's setting up, Octavio Dotel . . . Righthanders have almost no chance against Lidge's 91-mph slider and 97-mph fastball.
http://www.robneyer.com/book_04_extras2.html

BTW, this is the same Rob Neyer (in case you would like to dispute this) that wrote a book that compiled most major pitchers and pitches together since the beginning of baseball. The man knows what he is talking about.

My Twitter
My PARTNERED Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2005, 10:48 AM   #496
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Hey bud, I hate to tell you this.

Lidge's slider is constantly around/above 90 mph. Courtesy of Rob Neyer:

http://www.robneyer.com/book_04_extras2.html

BTW, this is the same Rob Neyer (in case you would like to dispute this) that wrote a book that compiled most major pitchers and pitches together since the beginning of baseball. The man knows what he is talking about.

As a Cubs fan I can astest to this. His slider is as filthy as anyone in the game. Rob neyer is very credable as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »