Home

Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

This is a discussion on Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2005, 11:33 AM   #497
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

what do you guys have for user and cpu pitcher fatigue? I was using Jistics sliders and his was like -17 or something like that, but he told people not to worry about the % thats left, but to look at pitch count. In my last game on pareds sliders, it was daniel cabrera (BAL, me) vs the moose. after 55 pitches i was at 30 % and struggled to throw a strike in the 4th inning. What are you guys setting this at for pareds sliders?
Old 03-19-2005, 12:08 PM   #498
P*ng

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'sFan21
what do you guys have for user and cpu pitcher fatigue? I was using Jistics sliders and his was like -17 or something like that, but he told people not to worry about the % thats left, but to look at pitch count. In my last game on pareds sliders, it was daniel cabrera (BAL, me) vs the moose. after 55 pitches i was at 30 % and struggled to throw a strike in the 4th inning. What are you guys setting this at for pareds sliders?
I've been using -15, it's working pretty well but I'm not committed to it yet. Dropping to -17 or even a touch lower may ultimately do the trick. With the way I have the CPU hitting sliders, it's a must to work the counts, unless I want to get killed, which I don't LOL. My feeling is that somewhere around 75 pitches is when a pitcher starts to noticably show some fatigue (I'm referring to real baseball here), and then steadily deteriorate from there. So, I'd like to be able to reflect that in the game if possible. Ideally, I'd like a higher stamina pitcher to hit the 50% mark at around 75-80 pitches. Bear in mind that if the game is close, I tend to pull my pitcher between the 40-50% mark, other times between 25-30%, so if the fatigue setting seems too low, that's why. Hope that made some sense.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:21 PM   #499
Rookie

yeah im trying that out now. ill let ya know how it works. thanks for the response
Old 03-19-2005, 10:27 PM   #500
Rookie

where are you guys putting the user and cpu contact and power sliders? sometimes i think the comp get too many cheap singles, and their power is too high. some people use 0 for all four. what are you guys using and with what results?
Old 03-19-2005, 11:37 PM   #501
All Star

Rod_Carew29's Arena

OVR: 38
Icon14 Re: MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders @ O'sFan21

I'm playing on All-Star.
User Contact: 20
CPU Contact: 15

User Batting Power: 15
CPU Batting Power: 5

I'm only playing exhibition games right now until the final MLB rosters are set (the day before opening day). I've played approximately 35 games so far. With these settings and my other overall settings, I've had many games in the 4-2. 5-3 range. And a couple of blowouts (unfortunately, the CPU was the beneficiary-lol).

scorp

Quote:
where are you guys putting the user and cpu contact and power sliders? sometimes i think the comp get too many cheap singles, and their power is too high. some people use 0 for all four. what are you guys using and with what results?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2005, 11:47 PM   #502
All Star

Rod_Carew29's Arena

OVR: 38
Icon14 Sliders @ O'sFan21

With these and my overall settings (and I play on All-Star), I've had fairly consistant results. I've played about 35 exhibition games so far (won't start playing for real until the Saturday before opening day; when all of the MLB rosters are set)...I've had many in the 4-2, 3-2 and 6-4 range. There have been a few blowouts...but that was the CPU kicking my azz...lol

scorp

Quote:
Old 03-20-2005, 01:52 AM   #503
player

OVR:
Re: Sliders @ O'sFan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod_Carew29

With these and my overall settings (and I play on All-Star), I've had fairly consistant results. I've played about 35 exhibition games so far (won't start playing for real until the Saturday before opening day; when all of the MLB rosters are set)...I've had many in the 4-2, 3-2 and 6-4 range. There have been a few blowouts...but that was the CPU kicking my azz...lol

scorp
I am using the same except i hae cpu power at 2. I have tried everything for user. i still think it is necessary to have contact higher around 20 to get HRs. I have hit homers with power at 10 but got pissed off with too many warning track shots. then the cpu ss comes up and hits one 450.

Old 03-20-2005, 02:32 AM   #504
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Brad Lidge @ SCHNCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod_Carew29
"That's just weak, turning down Lidge's slider ratings so that you can hit him."

Let me straighten your *** out...WEAK has aboslutely nothing to do with this. I have a REAL life. My life/lifestyle is NOT predicated by a GAME....man, are you trippin'?!?!?

So now YOUR drawers are all caught up in a bunch because of my explanation....puh-leaze! Relax...and don't be so stupid. I'm going to break it down to you like this:

I LOVE facing Mariano Rivera, Eric Gagne, John Smoltz and Billy Wagner in the game...Wagner, by the way, is the ONLY pitcher to my knowledge in MLB who throws an across-the-board CONSISTANTLY rated 90+ slider. If I have no problem facing those guys, what's the big deal facing Lidge?!?!?

#1 Brad Lidge's slider AVERAGES between 82-86 MPH. Irregardless of what you try to say, THAT'S the truth.

#2 MOST MVP 2004/2005 gamers (but apparently not all; take you for example), KNOW that the CPU will pitch on average 1-2 MPH HIGHER that the set speed for any pitch..hence, my setting his speed to 84....You know......84 + 2 = 86...ok?

#3 I've seen Lidge pitch more than a few times...I'm not gonna sit here and make up a lie talking about I did or did not see him throw a 90 MPH slider. I'll tell you this, if so, it's part of his MPH average...and certainly not the majority gun reading.

#4 I've left Lidge's 'great' movement intact...even tweaking it down slightly...Check this...if Randy Johnson...who is acknowledged to have THE most devastating slider for a lefty starter in MLB...is rated a '99' for movement in this game, there is NO WAY that Lidge gets the same movement rating. This is why I dropped it down a notch. Now if you think his slider rates with R.J.'s, then you need help.

#5 How else do you strike out 157 batters? You REALLY can't be serious, can you? You can take off your cheerleading outfit....EA's ratings are FARRRRRRRR from accurate in FARRRRRRR too many instances...particulary with pitchers' speed ratings and their overall arsenal of pitches.

So what if this one little detail is off? It's more than velocity and movement homie....it's ALWAYS about location, set up and pitch count...THAT is what makes the great strikeout pitchers great....

#6 From the official scouting report:

"...Lidge is a fastball-slider pitcher who relies on his slider (82-86 MPH) as his primary pitch...he has developed the slider into such a devastating pitch, he can throw it at will...he disguises it (in his glove), making it look like a fastball upon delivery, but it breaks late..he throws it in and out of the strike zone...He throws 96-97 MPH and tops out at 99 with his (power) fastball...has just a fair feel for his changeup..."

Scorp

The velocity on his slider is in fact 89-90 MPH. He does have great movement on it as well. How else do you strike out 157 batters as a closer. All you had to do was watch him pitch down the stretch last year and you would realize that EA has his ratings right on!
Scorp or Carew or whoever the **** you are, it sure is easy to sit behind a monitor with a keyboard and talk the noise you talk. The problem with all of your noise is that you don't have a clue. Lidge's slider averages 82-86...not lately. The scouting report you reference (you know, The Truth" Scouting Report) seems to be your own concoction, because ANY current scouting report will show that Lidge averages much closer to 90 than 82-86.

Billy Wagner? Listen loser, I live in Houston and there was recently an article in the paper in which Billy Wagner sung the praises of Brad Lidge, saying something to the effect that Billy knew 3 years ago that "Brad had the best slider in the organization". That's right fool, Wagner admitting that Lidge's slider was better than his and Lidge had't even made it full time to the big's yet.

And just to show you one more time that you have done nothing more than talk out of your *** (and it is probably a fat *** as much as you "know" about being a "MVP 2004/2005 Gamer" and are a ratings tweaking crybaby), all you have to do is, once again, watch Lidge pitch! He throws the slider repeatedly down and away to right handers. For people with his speed and movement, he can throw the same pitch in the same location not needing to set many of the league's best hitters up. In other words, watch a replay of last year's NLCS and see the same pitch to Edmonds, Rolen and yes, Pujols, over and over and over. There was no setting them up. It was just the speed and the movement of the down and away slider. Even they could not do anything with it and they KNEW it was coming. That's how you get 157 strikeouts, by having awesome stuff!

So, you can put your panties back on now. What a joke you must be! And it you don't believe me, see the posts that immediately follows your tantrum. Your all by yourself on this one and the real Rod Carew would sue you if he knew someone like yourself was claiming his name as a screen name!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »