Home

Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

This is a discussion on Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-06-2005, 09:52 PM   #561
T*mpl* *wls

ballerzinc's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

Also is vibration on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2005, 07:38 AM   #562
P*ng

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingFan4Ever
Any suggestions on how to strike more guys out, and cut down on the homers?
One thing that's made a considerable difference for me, which is uite possibly painfully obvious to everyone else, is to make sure and feature, predominantly, your pitchers best pitch. Some starters only have a plus fastball and a couple other only average pitches. When you have one of those guys on the hill, your best bet is to throw tons and tons of fastballs, changing the location and even the amount of the meter you fill to try and keep them from timing the pitch. As for HR's, the lions share that I give up come from missing the pitch meter, but when I can manage to stay consistent and hit the meter, the HR's are vastly less frequent. For strikeout pitches, the 2 best I've found so far (provided your pitcher can actually throw a decent one) are a 2-seamer that rides hard inside (either on the black or inside out of the strike zone) and a changeup to either the top or bottom outside edge of the strike zone. If your pitcher has a poorly rated changeup, they tend to rock that one, however, so be aware of that. I'd say, overall, I'm probably at about a K per inning. I'll rack up 8-10 w/ Pedro one start, then only 2-3 another start, it varies considerably depending on "stuff" I imagine.
Old 04-09-2005, 11:33 AM   #563
Rookie

OVR: 2

is it just me or is cpu runner agression to high because i frequently throw runners out at home but not by a lot?
Old 04-09-2005, 07:03 PM   #564
Rookie

When was Pared's last update?? i dont wanna hafta look through 50 something pages for it.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:01 PM   #565
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gem779
When was Pared's last update?? i dont wanna hafta look through 50 something pages for it.
find a post by pared and click on the link in his sig.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2005, 03:48 PM   #566
Pro

Chibi's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm so happy with the 1.0 sliders that I don't even care about an update. I'll obviously check it out when Pared releases it, but man, he did an awesome job on these.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:47 AM   #567
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Then you're not effectively managing your BP if you're seeing a trend where you lose it in the later innings.

Also, the power increase helps emulate the fact that a hitter can go deep on a pitcher when you least expect it. You can be having a really good game 3 innings in, sitting 7 straight batters, then BOOM! Just like that, you give up a HR to a team's role player. Gotta love it, in a sick sort of way.
Honestly, you guys are hitting HRs with power at 7? With guys like Brandon Inge, Utely, Hinske, etc? guys that in real life can hit one.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:30 PM   #568
Rookie

OVR: 4

i got power at 24

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »