Home

Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

This is a discussion on Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-13-2005, 12:59 AM   #569
BARRY! BARRY! BARRY!

Tha Dynasty's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

I love these sliders. Playing with the NATS and having great results. You have to work for all your runs.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:25 AM   #570
Pro

OVR: 8

Just had one of the best games ever playing MVP with Pared's Sliders.

Redsox Vs Yanks

Bottom of the 9th. Yanks lead 4-3. In comes Marino Rivera.(I'm the sox BTW). Bellhorn grounds out to the pitcher on a broken bat play. Next steps up Manny and he crushes one over the green monster. Game is now tied 4-4. Next steps up Ortiz. First pitch bombs one to right field!!! Walk off HR and the Sox win..

Awesome game!! The HR I hit with Manny, I did not even touch the left analog stick..

Thanks Pared! Although I do think the CPU fielding effort should be like -40 or even -50
Old 04-16-2005, 05:20 PM   #571
Rookie

OVR: 2

These sliders worked great for me for a while. But I think that was just kind of the "rusty" stage where I was still getting my timing back from last year's game. Now it seems like every game I dominate on offense, and rarely give up any runs on defense. Right now I'm beating the White Sox 7-1 in the 3rd inning with my Red Sox.

Maybe it's because I'm using a good team, but I still shouldn't win every game I play. I'll probably try turning vibration off to make pitching a little more difficult.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2005, 07:27 PM   #572
Rookie

OVR: 2

What page is the last update of theses sliders?
Old 04-19-2005, 11:36 PM   #573
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Then you're not effectively managing your BP if you're seeing a trend where you lose it in the later innings.

Also, the power increase helps emulate the fact that a hitter can go deep on a pitcher when you least expect it. You can be having a really good game 3 innings in, sitting 7 straight batters, then BOOM! Just like that, you give up a HR to a team's role player. Gotta love it, in a sick sort of way.
That happens all the time with the pwr setting on default.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:31 AM   #574
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHill
That happens all the time with the pwr setting on default.
I've noticed that with these sliders, for me, it is way too easy for me to hit home runs. I was about 12 games into the season and Adam Laroche had just gone on a 6 homer in about 5 games stretch. And he was still only tied for the team lead in homers. I lowered my power down to four, but in my second game of the year, against Al Leiter, Tim Spooneybarger, and Nate Bump, I hit 8 home runs, with multi-HR days by Giles, Chipper, and Estrada. Mondesi and Andruw accounted for the other two, to add to the homers Chipper and Andruw hit on opening day. Outside of my offensive explosion to start the year (18 runs and 34 hits in my first two game), these are very good sliders. I'm just gonna have to tone down the offense a little bit more.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:03 PM   #575
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey. I have a problem with the sliders. I rarely ever get a double or score alot of runs. I have no problem hitting singles and I also have a little problem hitting HRs. Is it the sliders that's the problem or am I just not hitting well enough?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2005, 06:30 PM   #576
Rookie

OVR: 1

Why are varible strike zones according to the sliders? Isnt that the more realistic way to play?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »