Home

Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

This is a discussion on Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2005, 10:37 PM   #601
Pro

steven's Arena

OVR: 7
Cool Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsnumberone
I don't have any problem with the cpu hitting HR's and i'm using Pareds v. 1 sliders without any changes to it. You just have to know how to pitch i guess. Yes they do hit some here and there but not like you guys are saying. my problem is its getting to easy for me to hit. I'm 30 games in with the Braves and I'm leading the majors as a team with 60 HR's. I started a new dynasty with the Reds and 10 games in i'm also leading in HR's with 18. I have the cpu and user power and contact at 0. The last 3 games with the Reds i've pitched 1 3 hit shutout with Ortiz and an 8 hit shutout with Milton, and allowed 2 runs on 7 hits with Harang.
I wish he would make one more final update to make them a little harder.
use wasasman sliders or wilson10 sliders and im sure you will get different results
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2005, 05:45 PM   #602
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

only problem i'm having right now is lack of HR'S (might be my inability 2 hit well)
Old 05-23-2005, 12:31 PM   #603
Pro

OVR: 8

the only problem i have is that all my runs come from HR's

Old 05-30-2005, 05:16 PM   #604
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan349
I agree, it's too easy for the cpu to hit homers. In fact, that's all they do. If the cpu scores ANY runs in a game, you better believe 5/6 came from home runs.

It doesn't seem to matter which slider set I use (all-star)... I've tried Pared's, Jistic's, Wawasmans (currently using these), and all give the same bloody result. Too many cpu homers (especially with Pared's).
I would have to disagree. I'm using the unaltered version of Pared's sliders and right now I have the lowest ERA in the MLB at 3.13 ERA. I don't give out too many homeruns, although in the beginning (probably in the first month) I did with Bartolo Colon (I'm the Angels by the way). The trick is to mix your pitches....try not to pitch at the red zones that often....and make sure you master hitting the corners.

Then again, it may be the team. The Angels by default have good starting pitchers in Colon, Escobar, Lackey, Washburn, and Byrd...not to mention one of the leagues best bullpen....
Old 05-31-2005, 01:06 AM   #605
Banned

OVR: 1

What sliders is everyone using for the PSP version of MVP?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2005, 09:25 AM   #606
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

Well, after trying many sets of sliders, finnaly got back to my first love, the Pared's Sliders. Will have to tweak, but All-Star and Pared's sliders look to be just what the doctor order for my style of play. :-)
Old 06-20-2005, 11:59 PM   #607
Rookie

OVR: 2

Jesus, I am getting killed while pitching! What the hell, every team I face I get licked. I've now lost 4 in a row by scores of 18-2, 10-9, 19-4 and 14-10 the last of which I was winning 10-7 going into the 9th for a save opportunity. This stint does not include a 10-5 loss, a 9-5 loss a 20-0 loss a 6-2 and a 9-6 loss.

When I first started using these sliders months ago I couldn't hit. I'd lose games 4-0 etc. Now that I can hit the ball (7 HRs with Craig Counsell of all people through 14 games) I CANNOT GET ANYONE OUT!

I know how to pitch, in real life and online etc, but for some reason no matter what I throw, where I throw it and when I throw it the CPU just KILLS it. I'm throwing a lot of strikes b/c the CPU hardly EVER swings at balls out of the zone.

Help. I'm Arizona.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:44 AM   #608
Pro

steven's Arena

OVR: 7
Cool Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike47
Jesus, I am getting killed while pitching! What the hell, every team I face I get licked. I've now lost 4 in a row by scores of 18-2, 10-9, 19-4 and 14-10 the last of which I was winning 10-7 going into the 9th for a save opportunity. This stint does not include a 10-5 loss, a 9-5 loss a 20-0 loss a 6-2 and a 9-6 loss.

When I first started using these sliders months ago I couldn't hit. I'd lose games 4-0 etc. Now that I can hit the ball (7 HRs with Craig Counsell of all people through 14 games) I CANNOT GET ANYONE OUT!

I know how to pitch, in real life and online etc, but for some reason no matter what I throw, where I throw it and when I throw it the CPU just KILLS it. I'm throwing a lot of strikes b/c the CPU hardly EVER swings at balls out of the zone.

Help. I'm Arizona.
thats the trouble with all star it happens on the regular,maybe u should try another set of sliders,there plenty of all star sliders,try jistic,wawasman,or wilson10 all star sliders,if your not happy with all star level may be u should try mvp level,i think mvp level plays alot smoother,and a better overall base ball feeling,u can try my sliders which are under the link NASA mvp level,or u can try zorns mvp level sliders,but keep in mind if u go mvp level u better know how to pitch,thats what makes that level so great!! like i sad before it gives u a better baseball feeling,just my thoughts,thanks...........

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »