Home

Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

This is a discussion on Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-21-2005, 06:44 PM   #609
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike47
Jesus, I am getting killed while pitching! What the hell, every team I face I get licked. I've now lost 4 in a row by scores of 18-2, 10-9, 19-4 and 14-10 the last of which I was winning 10-7 going into the 9th for a save opportunity. This stint does not include a 10-5 loss, a 9-5 loss a 20-0 loss a 6-2 and a 9-6 loss.

When I first started using these sliders months ago I couldn't hit. I'd lose games 4-0 etc. Now that I can hit the ball (7 HRs with Craig Counsell of all people through 14 games) I CANNOT GET ANYONE OUT!

I know how to pitch, in real life and online etc, but for some reason no matter what I throw, where I throw it and when I throw it the CPU just KILLS it. I'm throwing a lot of strikes b/c the CPU hardly EVER swings at balls out of the zone.

Help. I'm Arizona.
I've found that if you put the swing frequency at 5 or 10 instead of being in the negatives you can throw alot of balls outside of the strike zone that the computer swings at. This is definitely realistic because in real baseball alot of homerun balls are slightly out of the strike zone. So that should help.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:13 PM   #610
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've worked out my pitching kinks without having to adjust sliders so I'm happy. Hitting corners better and making sure each pitch has full effectiveness.

NOW, my problem is with injuries! I've lost one player for the season (Counsell, 8 HRs in 20 games) and Cintron and Tracy for about 40 games each. I've also had a 2 week injury to Cruz Jr. I don't mind the injuries at all as it makes for more of a challenge but it seems my team is being injured much more than the league average.

I do play pretty agressive (diving for a lot of groundballs etc) but nothing out of control.

Thoughts? I hate to change these sliders as they have been AWESOME so far! WOW!
Old 06-25-2005, 07:54 PM   #611
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike47
I've worked out my pitching kinks without having to adjust sliders so I'm happy. Hitting corners better and making sure each pitch has full effectiveness.

NOW, my problem is with injuries! I've lost one player for the season (Counsell, 8 HRs in 20 games) and Cintron and Tracy for about 40 games each. I've also had a 2 week injury to Cruz Jr. I don't mind the injuries at all as it makes for more of a challenge but it seems my team is being injured much more than the league average.

I do play pretty agressive (diving for a lot of groundballs etc) but nothing out of control.

Thoughts? I hate to change these sliders as they have been AWESOME so far! WOW!
I think that's quite realistic, I mean - look at the real life counterparts to a lot of teams. Just be more careful and not dive head first into the stands because I've done that and lost my guy for quite a while after doing so
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2005, 12:13 AM   #612
Rookie

OVR: 1
Smile Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

Does Pared have any sliders created for MVP level? I would like to try playing the game on the harder level since I hear it plays smoother and I was wondering if Pared or anybody else has a nice set of sliders at the MVP level? any help would be appreciated. Who has the better sliders for MVP?
Old 07-13-2005, 07:49 AM   #613
Rookie

Heel_Fan's Arena

OVR: 2

Pared great sliders man. I have been playing with giants pro sliders but I had gotten unrealistic results, so I tried yours. Wow, I played a game Cards and Bo Sox, I hit well but the thing that got me was that the comp hit back to back jacks with Renteria and Manny. Never seen the comp do that before it was great. Better yet I never hit a home run that game. It was 2-2 in the 8th when Mabry drove in Edmonds, to give me the lead. So in the 9th I bring in Izzy who blows it. I have yet to blow a save in MVP until this game. I get the first out then they hit four singles to load the bases and I'm doing everything I can to warm up King but its too little too late going into the bottom of the 9th I'm now down 5-3 and Foulke gets me 1-2-3 for the save. What a game.

Then I tried them out in my A's dynasty. Wow again. I was playing the Jays with Haren pitching. He had good movement but terrible control. Second pitch of the game Rios parks it over the center field fence. I walk Catilanato (sp?) on 4 straight pitches. I've never walked anyone before unless it was intentional. Well I go out to the mound calm down Haren who then proceeds to shut down the Jays for the next 5 innings. They had some minor leauge pitcher on the hill who shut me down as well so going into the 6th I was down 1-0. I thought man the hitting sliders were maybe a little tough so I would adjust them, but thought I would play the game out first. Good call, as soon as their pitcher got a little fatigued in the 6th, bamn Roberts homers, Kendall grounds out, Chavez parks a mamonth blast, single by Durazo, then Crosby hits a monster shot. Now I'm up 4-1 and the manager comes out to calm his pitcher down, it doesnt work. Byrnes works the count to 3-1 and then gets a mistake pitch fastball that he slams into the center field seats. They bring in the relief who does his job and keeps me hitless in the 7-8-9 innings. Too late the damage was done and I got the win. Man, those were the two most enjoyable games I've played on MVP so far, and I've had it since it came out.

Pared thanks man, anyone wanting to try out these sliders work the count and be patient. You really see a difference in control between a Carpenter and a Haren. Good stuff. These sliders made Manny look like Manny, rediculous in the field bobbling balls and making errant throws, but a the dish he was a monster.
Member of the OS Rams Club
Old 07-21-2005, 04:13 PM   #614
Rookie

OVR: 3

Great sliders just finsihed year one with Yankees winning the world series against the Braves. I noticed that our team BA always hovered around .250 to .260, HR's were never a problem, nor getting enough offense to win. Is this due to impatience at the plate, do you guys keep up with the average league batting average? Great job Pared thanks for keeping the game replay value way up!

Last edited by TD21SA; 07-22-2005 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:40 PM   #615
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Apparently after taking 8 months off from MVP I can't play this game anymore to save my life.

I just played four games at Fenway to test these out using the Yankees and all four games I gave up over 22 runs to the Sox and they hit at least 8 homers in each game. WTF happened to me?

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2006, 10:14 AM   #616
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

It's taken me a while to get back into the swing of things as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »