Home

Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

This is a discussion on Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-25-2005, 04:57 PM   #65
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueduke
Where are you guys going to find the pitch counts?
Pause the game and look to the right of ERA on the blue bar near the middle of the screen. It'll say THR and the number of pitches that pitcher has thrown.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2005, 05:06 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 6

Wow... Just had a fun game. I was seattle and beat San Fran 1-0

Moyer: 8 2/3 IP, 7H, 0BB, 4K ( 87 pitches)
Schmidt: 8 IP, 5H, 3BB, 9K, 1ER (86 pitches)

Good game, won it in the 3rd so it was kind of uneventful.

Ichiro- 0-4!
Old 02-25-2005, 05:07 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlinG
I've seen this somewhat (2-3 times) but I believe they all happened during spring training, which probably made a big difference (the field, that is).

Pared, I've been working with the sliders, and they are excellent.

For those of you that didn't play '04, you are spoiled because fouling pitches off looks so nice this time around.

I didn't really think I would get to say this, but last game I had Vlad at bat against Johnson, and he fouled off 10 pitches....10...before I swung at a bad breaking ball. That is enough right there to make your sliders worth-while!
It happened to me with Carl Crawford getting thrown out at 1b while playing in old Tiger Stadium. Ive played all of two games so far. This was with Grafiks sliders where the BR SPD is at 10. Ill give these and Jistic's a go and see what happens.

Last edited by glucklich; 02-25-2005 at 05:10 PM.
Old 02-25-2005, 05:22 PM   #68
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by glucklich
It happened to me with Carl Crawford getting thrown out at 1b while playing in old Tiger Stadium. Ive played all of two games so far. This was with Grafiks sliders where the BR SPD is at 10. Ill give these and Jistic's a go and see what happens.
Another great game. Beat Pedro 4-0 with the Braves and had him over 100 by 7 innings again. Very fun.

Buuut...I threw an 8 hit shutout with Horacio Ramirez and only threw 76 pitches. I've only walked 1 guy in two games also. I'm going to max out the pitcher meter difficulty since the pitch control is already -50 and see what happens. I know sliders are a highly personal thing, but is anyone else pitching too effectively? Maybe I need to mix in more balls on purpose? All my pitcher aids are off too btw.
Old 02-25-2005, 05:37 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 6

CPU swing rate may help
Old 02-25-2005, 05:51 PM   #70
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
CPU swing rate may help
I'm getting rocked by the Mariners with John Halama on the mound...thought he'd be perfect to test out my personal tinkering! Very challenging...5-2 after 4 with the Mariners getting 10 hits. CPU swing rate could help, but I was throwing too many strikes before, and they were getting called out looking several times also. By maxing out the meter difficulty, you understand why sliders are so important, because it's virtually impossible to avoid mistake pitches every other batter. I'll be closer to -23 than I thought after this game!

Also, Jamie Moyer has 50 pitches in the bottom of the 4th with no outs!! Very pleased with the games I've been having.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:01 PM   #71
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

Quick follow up if anyone's interested.

After 5, Halama's pitch meter has no green and is just one sliver of orange. No "perfect" pitches are possible...many, many mistakes. His stamina is at 31% after 71 pitches and he's been hit hard! No longer concerned that pitching will be too easy this year!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2005, 06:04 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWood2
Quick follow up if anyone's interested.

After 5, Halama's pitch meter has no green and is just one sliver of orange. No "perfect" pitches are possible...many, many mistakes. His stamina is at 31% after 71 pitches and he's been hit hard! No longer concerned that pitching will be too easy this year!

Does he have low stamina in real life and I guess, more importantly, a low stamina rating in the game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »