Home

Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-03-2005, 09:20 PM   #97
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

I like the sliders a lot, but I bumped CPU pitching control up a bit. Through 5 innings Clemens walked like 6 of my guys and he had already thrown close 100 pitches. Could've just been a fluke, but he was throwing ball after ball with guys on base.

Trade your old or unwanted games/movies...Ask me how it works!

Kane182's MLB2K10 custom Soundtracks
Old 03-03-2005, 11:34 PM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 2

These are awesome sliders Jistic, its just that they seem kinda easy. I don't know, maybe its just playing the Phillies, but I've been getting over 10 hits in the last couple games and they've been scoring like 2 runs or less.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:47 AM   #99
MVP

OVR: 18

oo baby these sliders are amazing. They really gave me that realistic feel of a baseball game. I will be using these for my dynasty but man, great work Jistic. There was one play in the game where Cliff Floyd hit a ball on the ground and it bounced off the 3rd base plate and the SS missed it. i thought he was out for sure but with the great things like that, you never know what could happen. Great great sliders bro.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:09 AM   #100
MVP

Also the CPU got 3 HRs in that game lol. And I thought the setting was too low for CPU Power or Contact.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:54 AM   #101
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by headrulz101
Also the CPU got 3 HRs in that game lol. And I thought the setting was too low for CPU Power or Contact.
No they are fine believe me. I've had games without giving up any and as many as 4. Hell once I gave up 6! But usually it's 1 or 2.

I'm going to test the V.1 human pitching sliders right now. I'll update when I have something.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2005, 12:41 PM   #102
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
No they are fine believe me. I've had games without giving up any and as many as 4. Hell once I gave up 6! But usually it's 1 or 2.

I'm going to test the V.1 human pitching sliders right now. I'll update when I have something.
I think I just had the best MVP game I've ever played just now with your V2 sliders. O my lord what a game. I was St Louis vs Chicago and I ended up winning 6-4 in the 9th inning. The first 4 innings were very defensive and both pitchers were having a great game and the Outfielders made some great plays. It was very defensive and everythign seemed perfect. I had 2 hits and they had 4 but in the bottom of the fifth the action started. I got 2 men on base and hit a SAC Fly and Reggie Sanders came in for the score but then I had Pujols going back and forth and they were trying to tag me out, o man that was great, it was so realistic and I almost got them but I ended up getting tagged and that ended the inning. 1-0 for me. They then hit a homer in the 6th to tie it. Then in the bottom of the 9th they're winning 4-3 and I have 2 men on base and Rolen at bat and guess what, he hits a HR to win the game. It was like my second HR since I got MVP and it was a great one. Overall excellent game and I never had so much fun. Great sliders bro!
Old 03-04-2005, 01:54 PM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 4

Must power to your Sliders im going to try them when i get home. Its funny because i changed only 2 things on Allstar throw accuracy on both -40 seriously anything lower and people throw way to accurate. And pitch speed to -50 i cant judge that fast, other then that the game is great for me. But i will defitnly try those sliders and see what i get.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:17 PM   #104
Banned

OVR: 14

I tried the V. 2 sliders last night in their purist form. I won 1-0. Im still under 1K per inning but I have a feeling that may improve--at least i hope. I think I may start a dynasty with these this weekend. BTW, it was low scoring because I was on a quest to try to rack up Ks and so I wasnt as selective at the plate as I normally would be.

After this game, I rematched and was trying to get strikeouts. One thing I noticed is that most of the time my curve at the letters worked when executed. I wasted pitches to get to 2-2 frequently only to set them up. My out pitch most often was either the curve at the letters, the cutter on the 3B side or the 2 seam FB on the 1B side. It seemed that not all of my 1-2 pitches were obvious balls but they would not swing. Maybe there was too much of a pattern to my pitching? One thing that Im curious to know is how much an individual players plate discipline influences whether they will swing at something close. Also, does this attribute mean you can strike them out because they are less apt to swing or is it that they only swing at strikes? I was tempted to set up a little experiment in the scenario editor but it was getting late. I was going to manipulate their PD rating and see whether theya more likely to swing at pitches on the corners and out of the zone. Sorry, I went off on a tangent that should be its own thread maybe but Im fixated on this strike out thing now and am contemplating whether its slider adjustments or whether its something I should do differently whether its learning the PDs of the other teams players or whether its my own tactics in getting Ks. Admittedly, I feel like I would get more if I was slightly more adept at hitting the perfect bar. I started working around this though as there are some pitches to throw in certain locations that work around this tendency. Also, I noticed that there is a massive jump in accuracy difficulty between about the 5th and 6th inning. It seems perhaps that it should be more gradual but my sample size is so limited Ill defer to those who have played more on this setting. Sorry, this was a little more verbose than I had intended but, in any case, Im interested in hearing thoughts or feedback in terms of what I should do about the Ks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »