Home

Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-04-2005, 02:24 PM   #105
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

I just played two games using V.1 human pitcher settings, the rest V.2. I'm still a little bit too accurate. I am next going to make the meter a little harder. I really don't have a problem striking out guys. Buhrle's got 18 in 17 innings pitched. I might raise the CPU contact slider a little bit too.

The problem is, that I'm in year two of Owner mode and the teams at the beginning of my schedule have weak *** hitters. So It's tough to get an accurate gauge of the sliders. Because some of the good hitters are still hitting me fine but some of these guys should be AAA hitters so they're easy. ANd that's the key, you have to evaluate not just on numbers but within the context of the guys you're facing. I feel a V2.1 coming but not til I test more.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2005, 02:30 PM   #106
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I just played two games using V.1 human pitcher settings, the rest V.2. I'm still a little bit too accurate. I am next going to make the meter a little harder. I really don't have a problem striking out guys. Buhrle's got 18 in 17 innings pitched. I might raise the CPU contact slider a little bit too.

The problem is, that I'm in year two of Owner mode and the teams at the beginning of my schedule have weak *** hitters. So It's tough to get an accurate gauge of the sliders. Because some of the good hitters are still hitting me fine but some of these guys should be AAA hitters so they're easy. ANd that's the key, you have to evaluate not just on numbers but within the context of the guys you're facing. I feel a V2.1 coming but not til I test more.
How many pitches do you throw with Buehrle typically? Im guessing he has gone 9 and 8 innings in two outings based on your stats, so how many pitches has he been at in either or both games? Also, are you racking up all your Ks early in games?
Old 03-04-2005, 02:38 PM   #107
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by glucklich
How many pitches do you throw with Buehrle typically? Im guessing he has gone 9 and 8 innings in two outings based on your stats, so how many pitches has he been at in either or both games? Also, are you racking up all your Ks early in games?
I don't remember pitch count in the first, was around 100, I think maybe a little over. Second game I pulled him after the 8th he was at 89 pitches. Now the good news is that I did walk 2 guys each with two of my other starters. I know in real life Buhrle does have excellent location and being that I'm in year 2 of my dynasty he got even better in the off season. So I don't think I have to go crazy tweaking, just a little bit though.

Old 03-04-2005, 02:39 PM   #108
MVP

OVR: 18

I just lost 5-3 in my dynasty but man it was a great game. They started off early getting 5 hits in 1st inning getting 4 runs in but then the game slowed down and in the 7th, Estrada hit a 3 run homer and the game just went off liek that. Excellent game, very realistic.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:43 PM   #109
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I don't remember pitch count in the first, was around 100, I think maybe a little over. Second game I pulled him after the 8th he was at 89 pitches. Now the good news is that I did walk 2 guys each with two of my other starters. I know in real life Buhrle does have excellent location and being that I'm in year 2 of my dynasty he got even better in the off season. So I don't think I have to go crazy tweaking, just a little bit though.

Sorry to belabor this and if you dont want to answer, thats cool but Im curious to know whether you rack up your Ks early like say before the 5th or 6th inning? Or are getting an even number of Ks in the last 2 or three innings compared to the first 2 or 3 innings? Nice new/old avatar btw.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:46 PM   #110
MVP

OVR: 18

One thing I noticed why I'm giving up a lot of hits is that I'm always throwing in the Strike Zone and only once in a while I throw outside. Then I noticed that in game, I wasn't throwing enough pitches. I would be at 1-1 or 1-2 and the CPU would then hit it. I think I should start throwing outside and switching through different pitchers to strike him out. Wow I'm a ******* lol.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:54 PM   #111
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by headrulz101
One thing I noticed why I'm giving up a lot of hits is that I'm always throwing in the Strike Zone and only once in a while I throw outside. Then I noticed that in game, I wasn't throwing enough pitches. I would be at 1-1 or 1-2 and the CPU would then hit it. I think I should start throwing outside and switching through different pitchers to strike him out. Wow I'm a ******* lol.
Yeah, the only thing though is that guys with good stuff can get 3 pitch strike outs by changing speed, movement and locations. He has to have good stuff to do this and usually a good fastball. These pitchers also arent always required to nibble the corners either. Also, there are some batters who cant hit a pitch in the high 90s regardless of whether its in the zone. As I was playing last night, I was doing what you described. Maybe I should have given them more fastballs as my pitcher could throw 98. I wonder if I could have just blown it by them--before 2 strikes at least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2005, 04:21 PM   #112
Rookie

OVR: 2

I really want to like this game...i've used about 4 different sets of sliders and yet....I still can't hit. My games have been in the 2-0, 3-1, and only won game the computer got 4 runs on me. I'm hitting the ball and it seems every single time i'm getting the backspin flyball out. It seems like hardly any balls are getting rocked, there has been no line drives, nothing. I've cranked up user contact and power to 40 and still no dice. I've only hit 2 homeruns so far. Help!.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »