Home

Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-04-2005, 04:40 PM   #113
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

I had a great game where I clicked for K's... I had about 7 with Marquis, the starter, and about 3 with my reliever.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:03 PM   #114
Banned

srudoff's Arena

OVR: 7

Jistic - great sliders! I do, however, notice a TON of called strikes - most likely due to your really low CPU Swing Frequency. Are you seeing this too? There's times I'm missing the snap and thinking Oh God No! and the batter takes it for a strike.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:07 PM   #115
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

No, not a ton. But some yes. I've been messing with the pitching sliders and am getting pretty happy with them. But now for whatever reason I can't hit.

Is it me or does it seem like too many balls that you hit dead on are always right AT somebody? My team batting AVG is plummeting.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2005, 05:23 PM   #116
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
No, not a ton. But some yes. I've been messing with the pitching sliders and am getting pretty happy with them. But now for whatever reason I can't hit.

Is it me or does it seem like too many balls that you hit dead on are always right AT somebody? My team batting AVG is plummeting.
At first it was like that for me but now I'm using to hitters eye a lot and I'm aiming my shots great. I really like these sliders and they give out great scores. And if you are having trouble hitting, use the hitters eye and be very patient. That what I'm doing and I'm actually starting to hit now.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:26 PM   #117
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

I'm just slumping I guess. I was hitting in the .290's as a team, now I'm down to .212! Just seems like I'm hitting it right at 'em.

Old 03-04-2005, 05:50 PM   #118
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic

Oh man, you the nail in the head with that. I started not using the analog stick to hit anymore because it seems hitting is so hard this year. I hit so many popups and lined shots at INF's all the time.

BTW, I don't know if you caught my question. I rarely take many pitches but I found that I am being walked A LOT with the V2 sliders. 8 BB's with Schmidt pitching. Anything I can change and by how much?

Also, is it supposed to be really hard to turn double plays this year because my success rate at that is really low even on sharp grounders right at the SS.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:44 PM   #119
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've been using Pared's sliders for several games and I won one game with his. I'm in a three game losing streak to the Brewers.

I'll try your updated sliders later.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:38 PM   #120
MVP

OVR: 18

Just had another great game and I won 9-6 in game 2 of the 3 game series vs Florida. My pitching wasn't too good but my outfielders played good. I had 13 hits while the CPU had 11. I scored 5 in the first inning, their pitcher started off slowly so they pulled him out in 2nd inning. Overall wonderful game but I think the fatigue for USER Pitching is a bit off because I coulda kept my SP in for the whole game but I still put in an RP.Other then that, great great great ! Maybe you could up the CPU Pitching a touch also?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »