Home

Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-06-2005, 10:16 PM   #137
Rookie

UALKOEBS's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

These are great, I really have to stay focused all game long now. I hang in there until the end or until I lose focus and then they make me pay bad! I have not had the pleasure of winning a game big like a 9-2 yet, but I win 2-1, 3-2 etc... IF I win! I still lose 75% of the time I would say, And I'm ok with that. Great job.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:01 PM   #138
Rookie

OVR: 2

Jistic you're sliders are great man but iam yet to hit EVEN ONE HOME RUN. How should I go about fixing this?
Old 03-06-2005, 11:19 PM   #139
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm having great games and losing by 1 or 2. I get hit hard a lot, I play with everything off on the mound and it's a real challenge, I've just started looking at my gamepad to know if I'm really aiming right, otherwise, I have too many pitches that stay in the middle, but it's a great challenge. At bat, I'm getting there. Just wish I could hit a little more doubles. I've gotten enough HR to my taste, just gotta anticipate well enough.

Thanks again Jistic for your sliders, they are great.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:58 PM   #140
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdisk93
Jistic you're sliders are great man but iam yet to hit EVEN ONE HOME RUN. How should I go about fixing this?
I am not hitting too many either. But i made one change that helps. I lowered CPU Ball Rate from 17 to 5 (i may even be at zero). The cpu will throw more strikes. I still get pissed when the CPU will throw a 3-1 ball with no one on base. in 2004 you could sit on a 3-1 count. now i never know if it will be a fast ball or a change low out of the zone. i still get a good number of walks but there seems to be more pitches in the zone to hit out.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:32 AM   #141
Banned

OVR: 14

Well these sliders are very good. I was finally able to get the 1:1 ratio. In the last few games Ive had 10 and 12 (or maybe it was 13) Ks. One thing of note, I moved the CPU strike freq. slider from -20 to -50 (per the update) and had 6 walks after two innings. So I ended up with it at 27 where Im getting 2 to 5 a game now. The trick for me now is learning how to judge pitches so I can drive the ball more and more often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2005, 09:10 AM   #142
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Thanks for the feedback. Are those that are using V2.1 walking the CPU? You should be if you're nibbling and throwing 'pitchers' strikes. However if you are giving up too many hits/runs you might be serving up too many fat ones and NOT walking anyone.

I am pleased with my pitching results. My #5 starter gave up 5 walks and allowed 6 runs but we won 7-6 in extra innings. Then the next game we won 2-1 in extra innings with Burhle holding it down for us. He only walked one, lasted 8 1/2 with 107 pitches.

Now if only I could be a more consitent hitter. I had 7 runs on 14 hits then next game 2 runs on 5 hits....BUT I did walk 3 times too.

Old 03-07-2005, 11:21 AM   #143
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Thanks for the feedback. Are those that are using V2.1 walking the CPU? You should be if you're nibbling and throwing 'pitchers' strikes. However if you are giving up too many hits/runs you might be serving up too many fat ones and NOT walking anyone.

I am pleased with my pitching results. My #5 starter gave up 5 walks and allowed 6 runs but we won 7-6 in extra innings. Then the next game we won 2-1 in extra innings with Burhle holding it down for us. He only walked one, lasted 8 1/2 with 107 pitches.

Now if only I could be a more consitent hitter. I had 7 runs on 14 hits then next game 2 runs on 5 hits....BUT I did walk 3 times too.
You arent getting a million walks with CPU pitch control at -50?
Old 03-07-2005, 12:13 PM   #144
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by glucklich
You arent getting a million walks with CPU pitch control at -50?
Nope...and I am using V 2.1 and I am throwing walks, I love it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »