Home

Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-07-2005, 12:21 PM   #145
Rookie

UALKOEBS's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by headrulz101
Nope...and I am using V 2.1 and I am throwing walks, I love it.
Not being a smart *** here but why are people concerned about USER pitchers walking the cpu? I could walk every single cpu batter all game long if I wanted? Just throw a ball? What is the deal with this? Shouldn't we be talking about cpu pitchers walking us?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2005, 01:02 PM   #146
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by UALKOEBS
Not being a smart *** here but why are people concerned about USER pitchers walking the cpu? I could walk every single cpu batter all game long if I wanted? Just throw a ball? What is the deal with this? Shouldn't we be talking about cpu pitchers walking us?
Thats actually what I was talking about and I thought mentioning CPU pitch control would make that obvious.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:42 PM   #147
Rookie

UALKOEBS's Arena

I guess I was reading Jistics post saying "My #5 starter gave up 5 walks and allowed 6 runs but we won 7-6 in extra innings but we won"
I am struggling making solid contact the most I guess, I was reading somewhere else that some people are reversing the contact from + to - have any of you tried that?
Old 03-07-2005, 01:44 PM   #148
Rookie

UALKOEBS's Arena

Quote:
I guess I was reading Jistics post saying "My #5 starter gave up 5 walks and allowed 6 runs but we won 7-6 in extra innings but we won"
I am struggling making solid contact the most I guess, I was reading somewhere else that some people are reversing the contact from + to - have any of you tried that?
MY bad, I understand what you guy's were talking about as far as user walks!(bad control, trying to throw strikes and getting walks) I am a zombie today, worked 14hrs and then drove 2hrs and got home @ 3am. Sorry wasn't trying to be a dick! I love how I don't have very good control around the 7 inning or so and sometimes much sooner. The various stuff is awesome!
Old 03-07-2005, 03:19 PM   #149
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Not many pitchers throw balls on purpose in the sense they throw it way outside etc. If they just threw balls when they wanted to you'd never see a pitcher walk home the winning run in the ninth inning of a game in real life.

What happens is they can miss their spots, or have a bad call here an there. With these slider you can pound the middle of the plate an never walk anyone. You will get shelled but you are free to do so. However. If you're working the corners or keeping the ball low, you will have some get away from you. If you never give in and would rather throw down the plate on a 3 ball count, then you will be hit hard. If you work the corners you will strike out the batter more, give up more weak hits, and yes you will walk a few more. Just like real life.

As far as CPU pitchers walking us, they do. Just show discipline at the plate and you will walk.

Old 03-07-2005, 03:59 PM   #150
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic

As far as CPU pitchers walking us, they do. Just show discipline at the plate and you will walk.
This is what I meant when asking about -50. Is -50 working for you with this? I gave it a go albeit only for 2 innings. Im currently at -27 I think.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:47 PM   #151
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Jistic or anyone using these sliders, can you steal bases with your sliders. I cannot steal at all, even with CP or Harriston. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2005, 04:53 PM   #152
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Jistic or anyone using these sliders, can you steal bases with your sliders. I cannot steal at all, even with CP or Harriston. Thanks!
Only with 90+ speed. The scenario editor is tailormade for testing something like this. I have it in mind to test it out tonight possibly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »