Home

Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-07-2005, 10:38 PM   #161
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

OK, heres what I did in the Scenario Editor. I put Ichiro on 1B with Ivan Rodriguez catching. Ivan is maxed out on throwing and Ichiro is a 97 SPD so hes basically maxed out as well. Ichiro was able to steal 2B around 65-70 % of the time on 4 seam FBs with USER STEAL SPD at 18 and everything else beig the same. He was substantially less successful stealing 3B on a 4Seam FB but it would happen occasionally. Also, he would occassionally get thrown out at 2B by Ivan on change ups. So based on experimenting in the scenario editor the most realistic User Steal setting is 18 (17 is also not bad). Anyone else mess with this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2005, 06:31 AM   #162
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdisk93
Jistic you're sliders are great man but iam yet to hit EVEN ONE HOME RUN. How should I go about fixing this?
I am still having problems but i tried one new thing that worked yesterday. I moved the batter inside or outside depending on his hot zone. if the pitcher was throwing garbage all game outside or near the middle i move the hot zone there.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:52 AM   #163
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

NakaNaka's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano
I am still having problems but i tried one new thing that worked yesterday. I moved the batter inside or outside depending on his hot zone. if the pitcher was throwing garbage all game outside or near the middle i move the hot zone there.
I've hit plenty w. Jistic's sliders. The key remember is that with your big hitters, hold up for the first two strikes. If I get two strikes on me, I will protect, but if the count is 2-1 for example, I hold up and if it's a good pitch I'll try to smack it out.

Also, sliders are best if you tweak them. I love Jistic's sliders but I still needed to tweak several sliders to make the game right for me. If you're having trouble hitting homers, bost User Power until you can, and then gradually lower it again.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:05 PM   #164
Rookie

UALKOEBS's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakaNaka
I've hit plenty w. Jistic's sliders. The key remember is that with your big hitters, hold up for the first two strikes. If I get two strikes on me, I will protect, but if the count is 2-1 for example, I hold up and if it's a good pitch I'll try to smack it out.

Also, sliders are best if you tweak them. I love Jistic's sliders but I still needed to tweak several sliders to make the game right for me. If you're having trouble hitting homers, bost User Power until you can, and then gradually lower it again.
I agree, jistics were a great starting point for me! I have tweeked my sliders now to where they are near perfection as long as I maintain patience. Had back to back extra inning loses last night, then came back and won 4-0.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:49 PM   #165
Banned

OVR: 14

Hey Jistic, I just wanted to thank you for yet another solid set of sliders. I may have asked you a couple of things that made it seem as though I was challenging you but its simply out of curiosity relative to what I see when Im playing. It may have seemed like there was a lack of gratitude but the truth is that I am very appreciative of all the work you do on sliders. So thanks again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2005, 04:36 PM   #166
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by glucklich
Hey Jistic, I just wanted to thank you for yet another solid set of sliders. I may have asked you a couple of things that made it seem as though I was challenging you but its simply out of curiosity relative to what I see when Im playing. It may have seemed like there was a lack of gratitude but the truth is that I am very appreciative of all the work you do on sliders. So thanks again.
Oh not at all, and you're welcome. Every time a new game comes out I appreciate as much input as possible. I can't see everything. And the key is testing. So the more people play games, and comment the better feel I can get.

At this point I only see one more revision coming up. That's in the fielding department. Too early to post anything though.

That's what this site is for. To discuss these games and get everything out of them we can. Your feedback has been nothing but constuctive, I appreaciate it.

Old 03-08-2005, 05:28 PM   #167
Rookie

OVR: 2

I use a combination of Justic and Pared's sliders. After getting better at seeing pitches, your Pitcher Ball Rate might be too high. I'm getting 4 pitch walks all the time. I avg about 5-8 walks at 17. I lowered it to 6 and it seems much better. I agree that cpu pitch control should be at -50.
Old 03-08-2005, 05:34 PM   #168
Look Watch

JoeC's Arena

OVR: 20

Last night I played 2 really good games with these sliders. The first one I lose 6-2, I was the marlins and I was playing the indians I had Willis pitching against Davis. Willis went 7 innings struckout 5 and walked 3 and threw 103 pitches, Davis went 7 struck out 9 walked 2 and threw 96 pitches. Both me and the computer stole 1 base and they hit 2 homeruns to my 1. I also allowed 15 hits and I only had 5. In game 2 I won 5-3 I had 12 hits they had 8 I hit 3 homeruns they hit 1 we both had one stolen base. J.Beckett pitched 7 innings allowed 7 hits 3 runs struck out 3 and walked none. C.Sabathia pitched 7.1 innings allowed 9 hits 4 runs 3 earned runs walked 1 truck out one and 2 homeruns he. Sabathia threw 84 pitches, Beckett threw 69 pitches. I just thought I would share these games with everyone. Thanks Jistic for the sliders these were your newest sliders and they work great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »