Home

Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-08-2005, 06:02 PM   #169
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydsox
I use a combination of Justic and Pared's sliders. After getting better at seeing pitches, your Pitcher Ball Rate might be too high. I'm getting 4 pitch walks all the time. I avg about 5-8 walks at 17. I lowered it to 6 and it seems much better. I agree that cpu pitch control should be at -50.
Oh wow. I mentioned the CPU PC setting being at -50 but I neglected to consider the Pitcher Ball Rate slider and thought CPU PC controlled this. That changes things. Im so glad you pointed this out. It actually explains why it seems like its been harder to hit and perhaps why the CPU has been able to repeatedly bait me with pitches just out of the red zone. I cant wait to get home and make this correction you mentioned. I too was like you in that I was getting walked too easily (I had at least 6 BB after 2 innings), so Im fortunate you posted this. Thanks.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:11 PM   #170
MVP

OVR: 18

I just lost a 15 inning game, I lost but it was one hell of a game!
Old 03-09-2005, 01:18 AM   #171
Banned

Eureka!!!

What a break through on offense. I was playing at Jacobs Field and heres my stat line:

CHI 14 13 0
CLE 0 3 0

I hit 8 home runs. My #3 hitter had 2, my # 4 hitter had 3 (7 RBI), my # 7 hitter had 1 and my #8 hitter had 2. My pitcher had a complete game, 3 hit, 8 K game to boot. OK, the pitcher I was going against threw 100 mph. So I was in a position where I had to do something--anything-- to pick up the pitches better. So, if when the ball was in the pitchers hand and it was white, I just went for the long ball and, yes, I aimed the left A-stick up. So then they eventually replaced the 100 mph guy with someone else whose best pitch was the 4 seamer albeit it slower and I lit him up using the same techniques as well. They then brought in a guy who throw more 2 seamers that were in the 80s. This really threw off my timing but as long as it was a fastball 90 plus I was locked in using this technique.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2005, 01:57 AM   #172
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't lose with these sliders :/
Old 03-09-2005, 01:13 PM   #173
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by glucklich
Eureka!!!

What a break through on offense. I was playing at Jacobs Field and heres my stat line:

CHI 14 13 0
CLE 0 3 0

I hit 8 home runs. My #3 hitter had 2, my # 4 hitter had 3 (7 RBI), my # 7 hitter had 1 and my #8 hitter had 2. My pitcher had a complete game, 3 hit, 8 K game to boot. OK, the pitcher I was going against threw 100 mph. So I was in a position where I had to do something--anything-- to pick up the pitches better. So, if when the ball was in the pitchers hand and it was white, I just went for the long ball and, yes, I aimed the left A-stick up. So then they eventually replaced the 100 mph guy with someone else whose best pitch was the 4 seamer albeit it slower and I lit him up using the same techniques as well. They then brought in a guy who throw more 2 seamers that were in the 80s. This really threw off my timing but as long as it was a fastball 90 plus I was locked in using this technique.

Jistic I just started using your sliders and they are awesome! I had 2 great games with them:

Cards against the Diamondbacks (wanted to start easy then work hard). Mulder went the distance until Pierre hit a grand slam. I was down 3-5. I came back and tied it in the 9th whenever their closer walked Pujols and Rolen drove an opposite field blast to tie it up. Extra innings came and in the 12th inning Pujols hit a blast and the Cards run. This game was awesome because I actually had an offense (I know, it was getting Diamondbacks!)

Next game was playoff game against the Marlins in my Owner mode. I am 5 years into my dynasty and I have a bunch of young studs with the now veterans Pujols, Rolen, Mulder, and the rest of the Cards pitching staff. First 3 innings resulted in 3 homers each because I had 3 hanging fastballs that the Marlins crushed. I came back to lead it 4-3 but they rallied in the 9th to win the game and the series.

As for the above statement, you might want to go up to MVP level if you are crushing the competition on AllStar. Unfortunately, there are no good sliders for MVP level yet. Any suggestions Jistic?
Old 03-09-2005, 01:30 PM   #174
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattstl77
Jistic I just started using your sliders and they are awesome! I had 2 great games with them:

Cards against the Diamondbacks (wanted to start easy then work hard). Mulder went the distance until Pierre hit a grand slam. I was down 3-5. I came back and tied it in the 9th whenever their closer walked Pujols and Rolen drove an opposite field blast to tie it up. Extra innings came and in the 12th inning Pujols hit a blast and the Cards run. This game was awesome because I actually had an offense (I know, it was getting Diamondbacks!)

Next game was playoff game against the Marlins in my Owner mode. I am 5 years into my dynasty and I have a bunch of young studs with the now veterans Pujols, Rolen, Mulder, and the rest of the Cards pitching staff. First 3 innings resulted in 3 homers each because I had 3 hanging fastballs that the Marlins crushed. I came back to lead it 4-3 but they rallied in the 9th to win the game and the series.

As for the above statement, you might want to go up to MVP level if you are crushing the competition on AllStar. Unfortunately, there are no good sliders for MVP level yet. Any suggestions Jistic?
That was one game. Well see how it goes from here on out.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:17 PM   #175
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

These sliders are great. I'd have more fun if I could hit a homerun though. I've hit 2 in about 25 games. This is becoming a game killer for me as I watch the CPU hit about 2 a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2005, 03:48 AM   #176
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
These sliders are great. I'd have more fun if I could hit a homerun though. I've hit 2 in about 25 games. This is becoming a game killer for me as I watch the CPU hit about 2 a game.
Just increase the user power slider and maybe even a little bit of contact which helps get better wood on pitches overall. If you eventually start hitting too many home runs just lower it back. No reason to let this become a "game killer" for you when you can easily tweak it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »