Home

Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2005, 07:00 AM   #177
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportstek
Just increase the user power slider and maybe even a little bit of contact which helps get better wood on pitches overall. If you eventually start hitting too many home runs just lower it back. No reason to let this become a "game killer" for you when you can easily tweak it.
I shouldn't have used the term game killer so loosely. I think I was so mad that I didn't even think about moving the power slider. Thanks for the advice.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:25 PM   #178
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
These sliders are great. I'd have more fun if I could hit a homerun though. I've hit 2 in about 25 games. This is becoming a game killer for me as I watch the CPU hit about 2 a game.
Lower pitch speed. I have it at -15 and i am now hitting home runs. I have the following:

pitch speed = -15
cpu contact = -10
cpu power = -5
human power = 25
human contact = 40

if this is too easy then reduce human contact. i had it down to 35.

the big difference will be that you can now hit a fast ball home run. you will have time to swing. and i have hit hanging curves as well. the hard part is off speed stuff which comes in quite slow. i am getting realistic runs scored. in fact pujols only has 13 homers but jde drew has 26 for me after 100 games.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:07 AM   #179
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hey Jistic Iam not giving up many runs and consistenly getting low-scoring games, how should I go about fixing this?

Last edited by silverdisk93; 03-14-2005 at 12:12 AM.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:33 PM   #180
Rookie

OVR: 2

Also, if Iam not hitting many homers, what should I put the human power slider at?
Old 03-14-2005, 01:16 PM   #181
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdisk93
Hey Jistic Iam not giving up many runs and consistenly getting low-scoring games, how should I go about fixing this?
Well Jistic alreday has the user Contact on 40 and the power on 20, Thats really not bad, so if you want to hit more HR's I guess turn up the power to 30 or somthing. I think What he as them at is fair enuff to the AI. Tell me how it goes.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2005, 04:01 PM   #182
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

I will have another update on these, maybe by the end of the week. I really want a long term statistical sample since I'm in the fine tuning stages. These by no means are perfect, but I think they are a strong base. I will share my results when I have them. Thanks for the feedback all.

Old 03-15-2005, 02:58 AM   #183
Pro

OVR: 7

Hey man just got MVP and have been trying your sliders. First game and I lost to the Blue Jays (I'm Red Sox) 6-2. Having a little trouble hitting, even put the pitch speed way down to like -45 but I think I'm getting better.

I had a question about the pitcher stamina. You said don't pay attention to the % but pitch count is that right? Does this take into consideration how long you hold into the meter? Seems pitch count doesn't tell the whole story as depending on how long you hold would affect their stamina as well.

Anyways thanks for the sliders, just wanted to get a bit more info on how to gauge my pitchers. I had Schilling out and he had to leave around thr 5th with about 50% left, he was getting shelled.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:10 PM   #184
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27

Jistic let me just say that your sliders are bar none the best ones I've used here. I still want to get the K's up a bit (user strikeouts) but otherwise they're solid!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »