Home

Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2005, 02:45 PM   #185
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

Nice sliders you've got here Jistic. I am new to the game, and have been hammered by the computer. Anyway I used your slider set, and still got hammered the next game but did not feel cheated. Finally i was playing the Mets (I was the Astros) and ended up with 7 innings pitched by Brandon Backe, 7 K's, 3 ER's, and 1 BB. I came back to beat the Mets on a Grand Slam by Adam Everett with Brad Lidge picking up the save. Just wanted to say thanks again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2005, 06:12 PM   #186
Pro

nyqua's Arena

OVR: 6

These sliders are great!! HR's are not a problem for me and I lost to the Mets 4-3 then beat the Tigers 5-4 with a comeback 9th and an extra innings HR
Old 03-15-2005, 09:01 PM   #187
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdisk93
Also, if Iam not hitting many homers, what should I put the human power slider at?
I started a new franchise with these (Mariners) and hit 1 home run in 3 games against the Twins. I just cant hit with them. When I make contact its a puny fly out or a weak grounder. Every game is 5-7 hits for me, 1-2 runs. It seems like almost every game is exactly the same. I boosted the contact and power for human all the way up, and its like it made no difference.

Guys, I am starting to get frustrated, upset, and I need some advice. What can I do to get more hits, more doubles, better contact, more SOLID contact. The CPU is getting their hits, their runs, but what the hell can I do to get some damn wood on the ball?

I think part of the problem is that the pitchers for the CPU never throw the ball down the pipe, they never make a mistake, and all their pitches are on the corners. I have their settings at the levels in his sliders by the way.

HELP.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:30 PM   #188
Pro

OVR: 7

Not sure if this will help but I've been practicing with playing against AA teams just to get my timing down. It's so much easier to learn how to hit. Allstar hitting seems pretty challenging. I even went down to pro for a bit but I think I'm ready for allstar. The hitting is tough so, timing is really critical. Are you aiming the stick to the pitch? Also are you using the swing replay to see how your timing is? Maybe lower the pitch speed down to around -20 or so. What camera are you using? I couldn't hit much at all on hitters eye, didn't like the zoomed in aspect of it. I use the pitch6/bat4 camera.

good luck
Old 03-15-2005, 09:33 PM   #189
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10

No, I havent been aiming the stick to the pitch, should I be? I typically just hold up for the first 2 pitches (swinging for the fence if its hittable). Are you saying you follow the stick to where the ball is? Damn changeups are killing me too, I am way out in front of em. I use the default camera.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:47 AM   #190
Pro

OVR: 7

Aiming can make a big difference. Here's a great post that explains it in detail. scroll down about halfway to chriscf10's second post I believe:

what happens in ure opinion if u push UP and in on ball down and in
Old 03-16-2005, 02:39 PM   #191
Rookie

OVR: 4

Jistic, or anybody, what exactly does User and CPU pitch control do? I notice that you have both tuned to large negative numbers. I've played utilizing your sliders and switching User pitch control from -45 to 0, but I can't tell a difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2005, 03:01 PM   #192
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Great question. IMO for the user it means that even if I hit the 'green' there is still a greater area that my pitch will hit. So if I'm aiming a 4 seamer right down the middle and I hit the green in the meter, it still may be a little bit inside or outside etc.

Now we may be talking about a few inches but if you're nibbling the corners that can make a big differnce. I'm guessing the CPU tries to simulate the same thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »