Home

Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-16-2005, 04:24 PM   #193
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

Jistic-

First of all, thanks for your work on the slider set. I've played a few games with them, and for the most part I have really enjoyed the type of game that they provide.

With your CPU Pitcher Ball Rate at 17, it seemed like I was getting way too many walks (never thought I would say that after last year's game, lol), so I adjusted that slider to +7, and it seemed to be a bit better.

Also, what's your reasoning behind setting the CPU's power and contact sliders down so much? I'm thinking the low contact setting helps with user strikeouts, but both of these down so low make the CPU's offense very weak. Playing as the Royals, I held the Angels to just three extra-base hits (three doubles) in a three-game series. I didn't give up any homeruns, despite facing the Angels' strong middle of the lineup with my fourth, fifth, and first starters (Gobble, Tankersley, and Greinke). I want to feel threatened when I face that kind of lineup, so is there any specific suggestions you would make for adjusting the CPU contact and power sliders?

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 03-16-2005, 05:15 PM   #194
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Stay tuned my man. I hear ya and you're right. I have changed some of these since my last post and will post when they're ready. Like I said still fine tuning so these take a little longer.

Old 03-16-2005, 05:25 PM   #195
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Stay tuned my man. I hear ya and you're right. I have changed some of these since my last post and will post when they're ready. Like I said still fine tuning so these take a little longer.
I can't wait Jistic I haven't started my dynasty yet, I will wait for your sliders
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2005, 05:42 PM   #196
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Great question. IMO for the user it means that even if I hit the 'green' there is still a greater area that my pitch will hit. So if I'm aiming a 4 seamer right down the middle and I hit the green in the meter, it still may be a little bit inside or outside etc.

Now we may be talking about a few inches but if you're nibbling the corners that can make a big differnce. I'm guessing the CPU tries to simulate the same thing.
Thanks, Jistic. I tend to agree with your assessment. Thanks for the info.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:39 PM   #197
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
Jistic-

First of all, thanks for your work on the slider set. I've played a few games with them, and for the most part I have really enjoyed the type of game that they provide.

With your CPU Pitcher Ball Rate at 17, it seemed like I was getting way too many walks (never thought I would say that after last year's game, lol), so I adjusted that slider to +7, and it seemed to be a bit better.

Also, what's your reasoning behind setting the CPU's power and contact sliders down so much? I'm thinking the low contact setting helps with user strikeouts, but both of these down so low make the CPU's offense very weak. Playing as the Royals, I held the Angels to just three extra-base hits (three doubles) in a three-game series. I didn't give up any homeruns, despite facing the Angels' strong middle of the lineup with my fourth, fifth, and first starters (Gobble, Tankersley, and Greinke). I want to feel threatened when I face that kind of lineup, so is there any specific suggestions you would make for adjusting the CPU contact and power sliders?

Thanks,
Ryan
I lowered pitch meter to -30 to make it easier for me. then i did the following;

cpu contact = 10-12
cpu power 0

I was going to change these after playing 7-5 and 6-4 games. Then i pitched a shutout, 12 K game with Mulder. These sliders are more in line with Pared's. I use Jistic's hitting and Pared's CPU/pitching.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:54 PM   #198
nyr
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hey Jistic,

Just wondering if you have an idea when your next version is coming out....out of all the sliders your's seem to work best for me. Thanks for a good job
Old 03-19-2005, 10:31 AM   #199
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

I was hoping this weekend, but I have been super busy. So maybe early mid next week. I'm not that far away, just wanna test a tiny bit more.

Old 03-19-2005, 11:26 PM   #200
Pro

nyqua's Arena

OVR: 6

I shall continue to wait!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »