Home

Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-21-2005, 05:56 PM   #201
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

Hey Guys

Can someone help me please

I use these sliders and i think they are awesome best out of all i have tried i got one problem though

In first 4 games not a single homerun not even close balls like are droping out of sky

What can i do? I took the batter power from 20 to 30 and then to 35 no dice. I cant play on pro cause then i hit to much. WHERE IS MY GO BETWEEN LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2005, 04:46 AM   #202
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Leagues
Hey Guys

Can someone help me please

I use these sliders and i think they are awesome best out of all i have tried i got one problem though

In first 4 games not a single homerun not even close balls like are droping out of sky

What can i do? I took the batter power from 20 to 30 and then to 35 no dice. I cant play on pro cause then i hit to much. WHERE IS MY GO BETWEEN LOL
I am in the same boat. I started my 3rd season (mostly simming one and two) and started the season with 2 home runs in 8 game (same guy). and he has 90 power. i have a rookie (top 100) with 70 power and i am guessing he will never hit a home run. there has to be a trick. holding up on the stick results in a pop up 90% of the time and seems inconsistent. I had a fast ball low and in and i do up and in and the still. ...line drive at the 3B. how many line drive outs can you hit?
Old 03-22-2005, 10:24 PM   #203
Rookie

OVR: 1

Jistic,
I started a dynasty with the Twins where I play every game and use your V.2.1 sliders. I loved the sliders at first, and still do when it comes to batting. However, pitching has become too easy in my opinion.

Here are my stats after 27 games....19 W, 8 L, 120 RS, 80 RA, .292 BA, 18 HR, 23 SB, 2.83 ERA. I have a 4.5 game lead over Detroit at this point.

It seems like my batting stats are pretty good, though HR's are a bit low. The problem is my ERA. It's way too low.

I'm also starting to get really low pitch counts, especially with my better pitchers. Radke just threw a 81 pitch complete game and Santana just threw 76 pitches in 8.1 innings. I do have vibration turned on though, maybe I should turn it off?

I'm not expecting you to cater to my needs. I just thought you'd like some feedback from someone who's played MVP for the last couple years.

I appreciate your work on this stuff.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:03 PM   #204
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mn723
Jistic,
I started a dynasty with the Twins where I play every game and use your V.2.1 sliders. I loved the sliders at first, and still do when it comes to batting. However, pitching has become too easy in my opinion.

Here are my stats after 27 games....19 W, 8 L, 120 RS, 80 RA, .292 BA, 18 HR, 23 SB, 2.83 ERA. I have a 4.5 game lead over Detroit at this point.

It seems like my batting stats are pretty good, though HR's are a bit low. The problem is my ERA. It's way too low.

I'm also starting to get really low pitch counts, especially with my better pitchers. Radke just threw a 81 pitch complete game and Santana just threw 76 pitches in 8.1 innings. I do have vibration turned on though, maybe I should turn it off?

I'm not expecting you to cater to my needs. I just thought you'd like some feedback from someone who's played MVP for the last couple years.

I appreciate your work on this stuff.
I was basically were you were on pitching. I did the following.

Pitch speed = -10 (you need to increase power)
Pitch Meter -30
CPU Contact 10
CPU Power 0-5 (5 seems too high and 0 seems too low) in both cases a mistake will probably result in a HR. I now have it set on 2.

user contact = 40
user power = 30

I still can't hit too many home runs. I don't get how this guys hit HRs. Are these just holding up the whole time waiting in a zone? for me this is unrealistic. I want to hit a HR without holding up. The only way I can hit i homer is 1) lefty - much easier =hold up and in 2) right = go opposite field hold up and out. If i try and pull a right i get a line drive out to the 3b or left fielder.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:19 PM   #205
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Ok here's a very small revision. I did some more drastic tweaking, but always found myself going back to the last version. There were some slight CPU hitting and overall fielding I thought needed tweaking. You won't notice a dramatic difference in these, as it's not needed IMO. If you've made your own tweaks and are happy with them, no need to change.

Quote:
Jistics All-Star Level Sliders V.2.2

Game Options
Fielding: Manual
Strike Zone: Off
Hot/Cold Zones: Fade
Pitch Cursor: Off (Fade if you're really having problems)
Hitters Eye: On
Catch Circle Assist: On
Variable Strike Zone, 'Stuff', and Blown Calls: On
Vibration: On if you use no cursor/OFF if you use 'Fade' with cursor. ( I prefer On with no cursor)

Gameplay Tuning
User Pitch Meter Difficulty: -37
Pitch Speed: 0
CPU Pitcher Ball Rate: 11
User Pitcher Fatigue: -17
CPU Pitcher Fatigue: 6
User Pitch Control: -45
CPU Pitch Control: -50
Bullpen Fatigue Rate: 0
Bullpen Fatigue Grace: 0
User Batting Contact: 40
CPU Batting Contact: -11
User Batting Power: 20
CPU Batting Power: -19
User Bunting Ability: 0
CPU Bunting Ability: -8
User Foul Ball Frequency: 50
CPU Foul Ball Frequency: 50
CPU Swing Frequency: -33
User OF Speed (Manual): 8
CPU OF Speed: 0
User IF Speed (Manual): 5
CPU IF Speed: -8
User Throw Speed: 10
CPU Throw Speed: 0
User Throw Accuracy: 0
CPU Throw Accuracy: -23
User Catch Errors: 15
CPU Catch Errors: 40
User Dive Difficulty: 0
CPU Catch Effort: -10
User Baserunning Speed: 0
CPU Baserunning Speed: 0
User Runner Aggression: 0
CPU Runner Aggression: -10
User Runner Steal Speed: 4
CPU Runner Steal Speed: -8
User Runner Steal Delay: -8
CPU Runner Steal Delay: 5
CPU Steal Rate: 5
Runner Injury Frequency: 0
Pitcher Injury Frequency: 0
Batter Injury Frequency: 0
Fielder Injury Frequency: 0
Pitching MG Difference: 0
Like I said, very minor stuff here. I think I'm about done tweaking at this point. Thanks for everyone's feedback!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2005, 12:49 PM   #206
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Jistic - You aren't having any problems with the CPU scoring runs with their contact/power down? I've been using your last version of sliders, but bumped the CPU contact to 15 and CPU power to 10 to get more offense.

Other than that, the only difference is that I have vibration off as well. I prefer all pitching aids turned off.

Anyhow, just curious about the CPU offense. When I faced guys like Pujols or Bonds with the contact/power in the negative, they usually went down too easily.

Thanks for all your hard work!
Old 03-23-2005, 04:32 PM   #207
MVP

OVR: 10

I dont actually know what the bullpen grace does but I was wondering if Jistic could look into it and see what the effect might be. You still have it at 0. My bullpen does not tire after game and I think this might be the reason. Others have spoken on it, but nothing definitive has come from it. I assume this could be done by you Jistic since this is what you do. THanks for all your hard work.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:58 AM   #208
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboo
Jistic - You aren't having any problems with the CPU scoring runs with their contact/power down? I've been using your last version of sliders, but bumped the CPU contact to 15 and CPU power to 10 to get more offense.

Other than that, the only difference is that I have vibration off as well. I prefer all pitching aids turned off.

Anyhow, just curious about the CPU offense. When I faced guys like Pujols or Bonds with the contact/power in the negative, they usually went down too easily.

Thanks for all your hard work!
I agree but 15/10 seems to high unless you are my perfect in the green zone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »