Home

Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-24-2005, 08:19 AM   #209
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboo
Jistic - You aren't having any problems with the CPU scoring runs with their contact/power down? I've been using your last version of sliders, but bumped the CPU contact to 15 and CPU power to 10 to get more offense.

Other than that, the only difference is that I have vibration off as well. I prefer all pitching aids turned off.

Anyhow, just curious about the CPU offense. When I faced guys like Pujols or Bonds with the contact/power in the negative, they usually went down too easily.

Thanks for all your hard work!
Joeboo. No the CPU is hitting me fine. Just finished a series against the Yankees and A-Rod and Posada were sending them out of the yard wayyyy too much.

I have tested these over many games and they work for me. However if you're having issues, then by all means raise the CPU hitting and let me know how it goes. Everyone's different ya know.

Old 03-24-2005, 08:40 AM   #210
Rookie

OVR: 2

Jistic, You dont thikn you Human contact/power are REALLY high? I was using Pareds at one point with 7/7 and was jacking them out of the park.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:29 PM   #211
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

Not for me. Don't get hung up so much on the slider numbers. Results speak for themselves. If you are a great hitter and hitting too many, then yes turn it down. For me, I don't have that problem.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2005, 12:40 PM   #212
Rookie

UALKOEBS's Arena

OVR: 4

Hey jistic I use a modified version of yours and love them. The only thing is I am starting to jack a few too many out myself. My question is: Does the power slider affect the actual distances of the homeruns? I like what I am getting right now, with 315' weak hr's and 500'moon shots! I do not want to drop power down and only see the 330' short homers.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:59 PM   #213
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjphillips
I dont actually know what the bullpen grace does but I was wondering if Jistic could look into it and see what the effect might be. You still have it at 0. My bullpen does not tire after game and I think this might be the reason. Others have spoken on it, but nothing definitive has come from it. I assume this could be done by you Jistic since this is what you do. THanks for all your hard work.
Jistic can you answer this for me please
Old 03-24-2005, 04:47 PM   #214
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

Bullpen grace is how long the player can be warming up in the bullpen before he starts to fatigue. If you crank the slider, you can have a guy warming up for many innings and he'll still come in at 100%.

I haven't found a way to increase the bullpen players fatigue from game to game.

Old 03-24-2005, 04:48 PM   #215
Rookie

UALKOEBS's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Bullpen grace is how long the player can be warming up in the bullpen before he starts to fatigue. If you crank the slider, you can have a guy warming up for many innings and he'll still come in at 100%.

I haven't found a way to increase the bullpen players fatigue from game to game.
So if you do + 50 he can warm up forever? or -50?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2005, 04:50 PM   #216
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UALKOEBS
Hey jistic I use a modified version of yours and love them. The only thing is I am starting to jack a few too many out myself. My question is: Does the power slider affect the actual distances of the homeruns? I like what I am getting right now, with 315' weak hr's and 500'moon shots! I do not want to drop power down and only see the 330' short homers.
As far as I can tell it does add distance. But it also increased the quality of 'mi****s'. I can hit HR's if the power is 20 or 0. But at 0 I actually see less gappers etc. I still get robbed with the power as is, and none of my guys are leading the league in HR's by a longshot. I compare all of my stats to the other teams constantly and see how they stack up taking ratings into consideration as well. What I like at this setting is I do hit the occaisonal HR when I'm completely not expecting it. Just good solid contact.

But if you're hitting 5 a game, every game for many games then I'd reduce it, along with the contact a bit too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »