Home

Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2005, 04:38 PM   #217
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

If you increase bullpen fatigue to say +40, the releivers should be tired the next day. It has been working for me.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:24 PM   #218
Rookie

UALKOEBS's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
As far as I can tell it does add distance. But it also increased the quality of 'mi****s'. I can hit HR's if the power is 20 or 0. But at 0 I actually see less gappers etc. I still get robbed with the power as is, and none of my guys are leading the league in HR's by a longshot. I compare all of my stats to the other teams constantly and see how they stack up taking ratings into consideration as well. What I like at this setting is I do hit the occaisonal HR when I'm completely not expecting it. Just good solid contact.

But if you're hitting 5 a game, every game for many games then I'd reduce it, along with the contact a bit too.
I am not sure what you meant by quality of mi*****s' ? But I agree about if you turn down the power too much you get less variety! I just turned it down from 24 to 21 and even that little bit I saw over 2 games homers and singles only! I will bump it back up to 23 or so. I had to adjust my pitching to make it harder I guess I am just getting better at this game and need to tweak as I go! By the way I am not even on allstar but your sliders work great on pro fyi. Thanks..
Old 03-24-2005, 06:03 PM   #219
Rookie

UALKOEBS's Arena

OVR: 4

It is funny that you said power does add to the distances, because I lowered mine like I said above and hit 2 hr's over 430'+ ? No 487' bombs mind you but still huge homers.
Old 03-27-2005, 09:58 PM   #220
Pro

OVR: 8

is anyone getting good power numbers?

or how about extra innings? a lot? or not much?

Old 04-12-2005, 08:51 PM   #221
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbllstr876

Power numbers are fine, just wish I could get my average more consitently.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2005, 02:54 AM   #222
Rookie

nathan118's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbllstr876

I played a crazy 15 inning game as the Dodgers vs the Padres. It was amazing, like the real thing. I believe I tied it in the 9th to send it to extra innings. Then in the 11th I scored twice in the top of the inning, but he came back in the bottom and matched me. Then we had scoreless ball until the 15th when Burroughs hit a game ending home run. It was intense and the most fun I've had with a game for a looong time.

I'm really enjoying your sliders jistic. I felt I was cracking a few too many homers so I've turned that down, but great job. Just a note for anyone looking for sliders...find something that works for you. I played with Heelfan's pro-sliders for a good 50 games before I tried jistics. I had tried them way early on, but it was just too hard. Now that I've gotten better they give me a great challenge.

The most important thing to remember is dont' judge anything off one game. I'd say look at your last 10-15 games....if you lost them all, it's probably too hard, and if you won them all, it's probably too easy. Obviously we all want to win sometimes...but have to find that perfect balance where we can win but it feels like an accomplishment when you do!
Old 04-13-2005, 11:54 AM   #223
Rookie

funkdockta's Arena

OVR: 1

ok, first GREAT SET of sliders jistic!
so I have played 6 games in my dynasty with the updated set.
Anyway I just tried moving up to All Star, I love the sliders but I'm just not quite up to an All Star set yet.
BUT
I wanna keep on rolling. So I wondered if there's something I can adjust to either cut back on CPU runs (Maybe adjust my Pitch Meter, and Pitch Control?)
Or, adjust my batting/CPU pitching to get myself more runs.

The problem is in 6 games I've been shutout 3 times to the tunes of 7-0, 6-0, 6-0. The others were 9-4, 6-2, 5-2.

Just wondered if someone who knew more about sliders could advise me. Thanks and good set of sliders jistic
Old 04-13-2005, 03:56 PM   #224
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkdockta
ok, first GREAT SET of sliders jistic!
so I have played 6 games in my dynasty with the updated set.
Anyway I just tried moving up to All Star, I love the sliders but I'm just not quite up to an All Star set yet.
BUT
I wanna keep on rolling. So I wondered if there's something I can adjust to either cut back on CPU runs (Maybe adjust my Pitch Meter, and Pitch Control?)
Or, adjust my batting/CPU pitching to get myself more runs.

The problem is in 6 games I've been shutout 3 times to the tunes of 7-0, 6-0, 6-0. The others were 9-4, 6-2, 5-2.

Just wondered if someone who knew more about sliders could advise me. Thanks and good set of sliders jistic
I see the same issues. And I do have one more revision coming very soon. I was hoping to post today but it may be a day or two. Human hitting is addressed along with human/cpu fieling and baserunning speed. Stay tuned.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »