Home

Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2005, 12:18 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

Thanks for the feedback. Especially the pitch counts. That was a huge one for me to get right. And I feel ya about the hacking. I go through stretches when I just swing at everything. Then I get better and draw some walks, then I slip back into my old bad habits.

There's a reason why they say the hardest thing to do in sports is hit a baseball.

Old 02-26-2005, 12:57 PM   #18
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Jistic I really like your sliders, Yes I'm a Mets fan, but I started a dynasty with Seattle, and I had a great first game, I was playing the Twins the first game, I never ever played such a great baseball game in my life Period as I did in this game. J.Moyer was pitching for me and he went all the way into the 8th ining, he had two strikeouts and he walked 3 guys, (When using your sliders, I really like How I walked 3 guys, I couldn't even really help it) Plus I was down in the 8th ining also by 2 runs. the game was 2-0 going into the 8th ining, Moyer gave up 2 hr's in the second ining and that was all he gave up, the only thing that was a littkle off was Moyer only threw 75 pitches after I took him out in the 8th, so anyway's im down 2-0 in the 8th when my bats came alive, I scorced 2 runs in the bottom of the 8th and ties it up, nobody scores in the 9th so we head to extra inings, the 10th ining nobosy scores, now on to the 11th ining The Twins score 2 runs, no on to the bottom of the 11th were my bats come alive again and I the bases loaded with 2 outs, when Beltre stirkout, and I lose the game. this was the best game of videogame baseball I ver played, plus I see new things everygame, I saw the shortstop for thye Twins dive after the ball I hit and stop the ball only just to lose the ball in mid air and roll over the ball and my guy was safe, very cool. The Twins Santana went 8 inings two giving up 0 runs and striking out 5 of my guys, but he only threw like 70 pitches, thats the only problem I saw was the low pitch could, I had a total of 9 hits and they had 11 hits and they also had 2 errors.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 02-26-2005, 01:10 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 13

Tried these out last night. I have to lessen the pitch speed, since I have only limited experience with MVP, and the directional hitting takes some getting used to.

Anyway, I was the Pirates, and lost to the Brewers 5-2. Good game, felt like real baseball. There were walks, sac. bunts, runners scoring from second and one trying to score thrown out at the plate. Realistic fly ball/ground ball ratio, and they came in the right situations (fly balls for pitches up in the zone, grounders for those down in the zone). Pitch counts, while I don't know the totals, ran about 15 per inning for each pitcher, from what I could tell checking during the game. Pretty good stuff.

In short, felt the most like real baseball of any game I have played. Time will tell, but these area very good start. Thanks!
Old 02-26-2005, 01:41 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 2

OK,

Jays (me) 1 5 1

Padres 7 15 0

Halladay 6ip 57 pitches 6 runs 12 hits 4 Ks 0bb
Koch 1ip 8 pitches 1 run 1hit 1k 0bb
Chulk 1ip 8 pitches 0 runs 1 hit 0bb 1k

Peavy 6 ip 67 pitches 4 hits 1 run 3bb 3k
Neal 3ip 25 pitches 1 hit 0 runs 0bb 1k

I hit no homers in this game and only had 5 frickin' hits so I guess it was just the Tigers crappy pitching staff Also the CPU still swings at a lot of crap and stares at a few too many. I didn't walk anyone despite my best attempts and my pitch count didn't get too high depite getting shelled. Still, I like these sliders best of the 3 sets I've tried so far, but the couple of things mentioned could be improved.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:13 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Jistic I really like your sliders, Yes I'm a Mets fan, but I started a dynasty with Seattle, and I had a great first game, I was playing the Twins the first game, I never ever played such a great baseball game in my life Period as I did in this game. J.Moyer was pitching for me and he went all the way into the 8th ining, he had two strikeouts and he walked 3 guys, (When using your sliders, I really like How I walked 3 guys, I couldn't even really help it) Plus I was down in the 8th ining also by 2 runs. the game was 2-0 going into the 8th ining, Moyer gave up 2 hr's in the second ining and that was all he gave up, the only thing that was a littkle off was Moyer only threw 75 pitches after I took him out in the 8th, so anyway's im down 2-0 in the 8th when my bats came alive, I scorced 2 runs in the bottom of the 8th and ties it up, nobody scores in the 9th so we head to extra inings, the 10th ining nobosy scores, now on to the 11th ining The Twins score 2 runs, no on to the bottom of the 11th were my bats come alive again and I the bases loaded with 2 outs, when Beltre stirkout, and I lose the game. this was the best game of videogame baseball I ver played, plus I see new things everygame, I saw the shortstop for thye Twins dive after the ball I hit and stop the ball only just to lose the ball in mid air and roll over the ball and my guy was safe, very cool. The Twins Santana went 8 inings two giving up 0 runs and striking out 5 of my guys, but he only threw like 70 pitches, thats the only problem I saw was the low pitch could, I had a total of 9 hits and they had 11 hits and they also had 2 errors.
Awesome, keep me posted on your next one.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2005, 02:14 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWFRusso
I hit no homers in this game and only had 5 frickin' hits so I guess it was just the Tigers crappy pitching staff
What I love about this years game, is like real life there are games that are slug fests, 5-8 HR's for both teams, then the next can be a pitchers duel. Great variety in games I'm seeing. Thanks for the update.

Old 02-26-2005, 02:20 PM   #23
Efficiency = Joy

NaturalSelected's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Try another game with the same settings and see. If you keep jacking them out then, yes it's too high. But I have some games with zero HR's. Thanks for the feedback.
Looking very good...will be testing tonight...Man I love sliders. haha
Boston Celtics
Old 02-26-2005, 02:37 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

Here's my latest from my WHite SOx owner mode, game four. My first multi HR game. Hernandez was cruising along til the 4th and the doors fell off! He was wild all day though. How 'bout those pitch counts?

Code:
	|R |H |E |
CWS	|5 |9 |1 |
MINN	|6 |12|0 |

HR - Rowand(CWS),Uribe(CWS),Stewart(MINN),Mauer(MINN),Morneau(MINN)
SB - Harris (CWS),Rivas(MINN)
CS - Crede(CWS),Ford(MINN),Jones(MINN)

Pitcher		IP	H	ER	BB	K	HR	#Pit
(CWS)
O Hernandez	6	9	5	1	5	2	84
C Polite	1	0	0	1	1	0	n/a
D Marte		1	3	1	0	0	1	n/a

(MINN)
K Lohse		6	7	3	3	4	1	87
Romero		2	2	2	0	2	1	n/a
Nathan		1	0	0	0	1	0	n/a

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »