Home

Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-14-2005, 11:14 PM   #233
Rookie

nathan118's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

Dang, with only a 2 run lead? With a lead like that I keep them on a very short leash. If I can afford to give up a run or two that's different.

As for power numbers...in my 5-3 scoring game there was one homerun by Drew, and 3 doubles between the two teams.

I'm hoping to see more triples. Through almost 80 games I have ONE.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:57 PM   #234
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am most concerned about hitting home runs.

I am not finding sliders i can hit the right amount with

Are these good for that are people hitting home runs?
Old 04-15-2005, 12:12 AM   #235
Rookie

nathan118's Arena

OVR: 10

Lots of the homeruns I hit are pitches I sit on. Some people don't think it's realistic...but pro players do the same thing. They expect a ball up and in and get ready for it, which is the same thing. If a pitcher has gone away-away-away, then i'll usually hold inside. If it does come inside, then my timing is a lot better because I don't have to worry about location.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2005, 08:34 AM   #236
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmbirney
jistic, i was wondering if you could post what camera views you are using (fielding and hitting/pitching), i know some people might think that this makes no difference, but i think it does, especially for pitching. behind-the-pitcher camera makes a world of difference when you pitching, so i was wondering which cameras you use...thanks

p.s.- what about pick-off returns, do you use automatic or manual, also, what about fielding aid?
I use the default cam, Hitter's Eye cam. Fielding is Manual, that's why I only have slider tweaks for that setting, and I do auto pick off returns. TOo much to think about at the plate for me to worry about getting back to the bag on pick off returns.

Old 04-15-2005, 05:29 PM   #237
Rookie

OVR: 3

here's my box score using jistic's newest sliders:
tb(me) 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 3 0 5 9 0
tx 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 8 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
devil rays(me) stats in order of: pos ab r h rbi bb so
c.crawford lf 4 2 2 1 0 1
j.lugo ss 2 0 0 2 0 0
a.sanchez cf 4 1 1 0 0 0
a.huff rf 4 0 2 0 0 0
j.phelps dh 4 0 0 1 0 1
t.lee 1b 4 0 1 0 0 1
j.cantu 2b 4 0 0 0 0 0
c.johnson c 4 1 1 0 0 2
n.green 3b 3 1 2 1 0 0

totals: 33 5 9 5 0 5

batting:
2b: crawford, t.lee, n.green
3b: c.crawford
rbi: c.crawford, j.lugo 2, j.phelps, n.green
sf: j.lugo

fielding:

pitching:

baserunning:
sb:c.crawford

rangers (cpu)
a.soriano 2b 4 1 2 0 0 0
h.blalock 3b 4 0 0 0 0 1
m.young ss 4 0 2 1 0 1
m.teixera 1b 4 0 2 0 0 1
r.hidalgo rf 4 0 0 0 0 1
a.gonzalez dh 4 0 0 0 0 2
d.dellucci lf 4 0 2 0 0 0
r.barajas c 3 0 0 0 0 1
g.matthews cf 3 0 0 0 0 1
k.mench c 1 0 0 0 0 0

totals: 35 1 8 1 0 8

batting:
2b:a.soriano
rbi:m.young

fielding:

pitching:

baserunning:

devil rays
player name ip h r er bb so hr era
d.brazelton(w) 9.0 8 1 1 0 8 0 1.00 PITCHES:90

--------------------------------------------------------------------------rangers
player name ip h r er bb so hr era
r.drese(l) 7.0 7 4 4 0 4 0 5.14
d.brocail 2.0 2 1 1 0 1 0 4.50
Old 04-15-2005, 05:31 PM   #238
Rookie

RedLine's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Ok this is a pretty major change from my last set. Took a while to test out. The MAJOR things involved in this is hitting, baserunning, and fielding. I've tuned the speeds. Ever see those games on Sportscenter that happen every night where a team scores 10+ runs on like 15 hits? I never seemed to get those at all. Now I do. Not every game mind you, this isn't Slugfest, but the pitching...actualy the defense was too fast. Also I've lowered the pitch speed which allows the Human player to be more patient...and be rewarded for it. Great pitchers will stil be great, however you should now be able to have games where you put up some major offensive numbers...the CPU should too. Not every game should be filled with web gems, just here and there. This just take a lot of the frustration out from playing on All-Star, at least I hope so any way.

Please post your results.
Thanks for the updated sliders, nice work. I'm giving your sliders a try again. Played a few games last night and had 2 that were low scoring low hits, and one 15 hit, 11 run game like you said.

However I have a question as I play ASSISTED FIELDING. In this mode, which USER sliders are being used and which CPU sliders are in use? It seems like some of the CPU sliders would be used for my assisted fielding (e.g., speed) Here are the one's I'm not sure about:

User OF Speed (Manual): 2
CPU OF Speed: -11
User IF Speed (Manual): -4
CPU IF Speed: -13
User Throw Speed: 3
CPU Throw Speed: -8
User Throw Accuracy: 0
CPU Throw Accuracy: -23
User Catch Errors: 15
CPU Catch Errors: 40
User Dive Difficulty: 0
CPU Catch Effort: -15

For example, are my outfielders running around at Speed +2 or -11? Hard to tell by watching.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-16-2005, 02:15 AM   #239
mlblover33

OVR:

Just wanted to say these slders rock... i've played 7 games with these sliders and posted my first five games on my page... one of my games went 15 inning had a combined 21 K"s between the two teams and l lost it 3-2. I'm still a hacker at the plate but i avg about 3-6 strike outs a game.. being struck out that is... offensively i just need to learn to be more selective at the plate. I'm avging around 3 runs a game but so are the real life A's so i guiess i cant complain...

pitching is easy but not at times... ive got the meter set at 0 with strike zone on, h/c zone fade and curfor fade... i avg about 5 K's per game against teams..all my games have been close for the most part.. 1-2 run games.. I did have to finally turn def on assisted due to giving up many trips and itph's in less than 5 games.. plus since im not the greatest at using the right analog stick yet it makes it easier and imo more realistic...

over all through seven games im 4-3 and two games back in second place of anaheim...zito has struck out 20 hitters over his first two games.. 10 each. I just have to be more selective at the plate and hopefully the runs and offense will follow.

I've only hit about 4 hrs through these first seven games but again that is ok cause the real life A's are struggling with the homers as well.

and ive only out scored my opp's but 4 runs through these first seven games...

great work J... im using yoru v2.0 i think... but anyway... having a blast wthi them... i just have to stop swinging at junk and take a lot more pitches and be way more selective at the dish...

Old 04-16-2005, 10:27 AM   #240
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLine
Thanks for the updated sliders, nice work. I'm giving your sliders a try again. Played a few games last night and had 2 that were low scoring low hits, and one 15 hit, 11 run game like you said.

However I have a question as I play ASSISTED FIELDING. In this mode, which USER sliders are being used and which CPU sliders are in use? It seems like some of the CPU sliders would be used for my assisted fielding (e.g., speed) Here are the one's I'm not sure about:

User OF Speed (Manual): 2
CPU OF Speed: -11
User IF Speed (Manual): -4
CPU IF Speed: -13
User Throw Speed: 3
CPU Throw Speed: -8
User Throw Accuracy: 0
CPU Throw Accuracy: -23
User Catch Errors: 15
CPU Catch Errors: 40
User Dive Difficulty: 0
CPU Catch Effort: -15

For example, are my outfielders running around at Speed +2 or -11? Hard to tell by watching.

Thanks in advance.
I would think that even if using assisted, USER would still be the setting? But I really don't know. Have you tried manual?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »