Home

Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2005, 11:31 PM   #249
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLine
Thanks Jistic. I'll have to crank the sliders to the max in each direction to see if that answers the question.

I have tried Manual fielding early on (2004 version) but the games didn't seem as realistic because I make errors that shouldn't be made (reaction time). It's fun but I get more statisfaction from the pitcher/batter duel and then throwing the ball after it's been fielded by the CPU. Maybe it's time to try again, I hear it's better this year.
I use assisted as well and you don't have to change a thing. They will be the same as the CPU settings and those work just fine.

I've had very few issues with the game thus far other than a small tweak here and there on AS defaults, but tried these out with a few games today and I must say, I've seen a few new animations, hits, and plays. I use the 6/1 view and I can actually hit a tad better with these.

Had one long at bat where the CPU was fouling everything off - and these were great pitches.. finally froze him on a curveball. Quite fun.

Todd
Old 04-17-2005, 01:10 AM   #250
Rookie

RedLine's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I use assisted as well and you don't have to change a thing. They will be the same as the CPU settings and those work just fine.

I've had very few issues with the game thus far other than a small tweak here and there on AS defaults, but tried these out with a few games today and I must say, I've seen a few new animations, hits, and plays. I use the 6/1 view and I can actually hit a tad better with these.

Had one long at bat where the CPU was fouling everything off - and these were great pitches.. finally froze him on a curveball. Quite fun.

Todd
After trying my experiment, I've concluded the USER settings are in effect for Assisted fielding. By setting the CPU outfielder and infielder settings to -50 and putting the USER at +50 and then playing several innings, I could clearly see that the CPU was moving much slower than my players. Then I put the USER at -50 and CPU at +50 and could then see my guys running in slow-mo.
Old 04-17-2005, 05:48 AM   #251
mlblover33

OVR:

Hey Jistic... just played my first two games with your 3.0 slider won both games against Toronto by one run

first ganme was 1-0 (solo home run in the 6th by Ginter) and the second one was a 10 inning affair.. with all the runs coming in the 9th and tenth innings. I gave up a solo homer in the top of the ninth and then in the bottom of the inning got an RBI hit to tie it up. then in the bottom of the 10th innig got a game wining RBI base hit from someone.. lol anyway.. other than the simple fact that im still whiffing hard and swinging at junk all day long... (strunk out 9 tmes last game) and not getting much of anythnig that could be called offense or power.. great job so far...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2005, 10:02 AM   #252
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

After my first two games, playing with the brewers your sliders are really good, hitting is perfect but it is easy to keep the CPU from scoring runs. The first game against the pirates Ben Sheets dominated only allowing 3 hits and 7 k's and 1 BB. I beat the pirates 4-0, the second game Doug Davis dominated the Pirates, he only allowed 4 hits, 6 k's and 4 BB The lowly Pirates couldnt manage 1 run even with me walking 4 batters.

All in All, your sliers are really good, everything is great but i did find it easy to keep the CPU from scoring, but this is only two games i will comeback with more results, later.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:45 AM   #253
MVP

OVR: 6

I just gave up 2 runs with Tim Hudson to the Marlins. Which is about perfect. Then I gave up 5 runs with John Thompson to the Mets. So I am seeing a variety of things happen.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:44 AM   #254
MVP

OVR: 18

Jistic these sliders are perfecto. I played 4 games in my dynasty with them, and I'm loving them, super realistic. The CPU is good and challenging and I love that. I really like how the hits and all the stats vary depending on who you play. I just finished playing a game that went 16 innings vs Orioles.

I was the Yankees and at the bottom of the 16th A Rod doubled and giambi put him in the tie the game. Then Posada came in, line drive down the right with 2 outs and Giambi got home by a hand to win the game. I saw a tear drop from my eye.

Excellent sliders.
Old 04-17-2005, 04:52 PM   #255
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLine
After trying my experiment, I've concluded the USER settings are in effect for Assisted fielding. By setting the CPU outfielder and infielder settings to -50 and putting the USER at +50 and then playing several innings, I could clearly see that the CPU was moving much slower than my players. Then I put the USER at -50 and CPU at +50 and could then see my guys running in slow-mo.
Hmmm... that's odd. I'll just put all three of them at the same # like I've done before.

Todd
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2005, 07:13 PM   #256
MVP

OVR: 6

I just went yard 5 times with my braves. I have never hit more than 2 in a game. I hope this doesn't start a trend or anything but it was really cool. Still only scored 8 runs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »