Home

Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-20-2005, 03:44 AM   #265
Rookie

nathan118's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles44
have tried your sliders for my Padres dynasty. Thru 7 games, I'm 6-1 and have walked 44 times. Only loss was to Greg Maddux, 4-2 and had 7 walks there.
Don't know if the walks are excessive or not.
Good job bro
Dang you're patient.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2005, 11:26 AM   #266
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

I've actually been playing with the pitcing cam (CAM 6) and turning off vibration completely. I am giving up more walks this way. Ones where I'm like, WHAT! I thought for sure it was a strike. Anyone else do this?

I also lowered pitch speed a little bit more due to the 101MPH hurlers in 2010 in my owner mode.

Old 04-24-2005, 02:44 PM   #267
Rookie

OVR: 1

These are good sliders but I've noticed a problem. When pitching, it's easy to not give up any runs at all. I'll be in the 4th inning and have 35 pitches thrown when I'm pitching, but when I'm hitting, the other team's starter will have thrown 45-50 pitches. What can I do to make the CPU get more runs?
Old 04-24-2005, 07:48 PM   #268
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkyleechong
These are good sliders but I've noticed a problem. When pitching, it's easy to not give up any runs at all. I'll be in the 4th inning and have 35 pitches thrown when I'm pitching, but when I'm hitting, the other team's starter will have thrown 45-50 pitches. What can I do to make the CPU get more runs?
Try changing the camera angle, and turn off the vibration if you use it. Use the '6' pitching cam.

Old 04-25-2005, 12:55 AM   #269
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Thanks, glad I could help.
Finally, someone else put pitch speed at -15. I was thinking i was the only one. Anyway, I use the same speed but i have revised both the hitting and power sliders

cpu = 16
cpu power = 7-8

I use vibration. The key is to get ahead and then keep changing speeds.

human contact = 14
human power = 30

The only reason i have power so high is to compensate for lower pitch speed. And i could never hit a home run with a right handed batter. yesterday, i hit one with furcal 355 just clearing the wall. however, this extra power will cause lefties like texiera to hit 420-450 shots often. i think the game compensated for last year's lefty blunder by making the righties unable to hit as many hrs.

anyway, my advice is to increase the cpu batting.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:18 AM   #270
Rookie

OVR: 1

love the sliders. The only problem is that i don't seem to hit enough homeruns. Over 5 games, I only managed to get two, and I'm playing with the Yankees batting line up. My power setting is at 20. Would setting it at 30 or even higher make a huge difference? Should I adjust the contact setting if i increase the power setting? How often do you guys hit homeruns with the v3 slider (maybe i'm just not good at it since i just moved from Pro to All-Star, and I can hit HR's on Pro consistently)?

Last edited by ililililil; 04-27-2005 at 02:10 AM.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:21 AM   #271
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ililililil
love the sliders. The only problem is that i don't seem to hit enough homeruns. Over 5 games, I only managed to get two, and I'm playing with the Yankees batting line up. My power setting is at 20. Would setting it at 30 or even higher make a huge difference? Should I adjust the contact setting if i increase the power setting? How often do you guys hit homeruns with the v3 slider (maybe i'm just not good at it since i just moved from Pro to All-Star, and I can hit HR's on Pro consistently)?
home runs come and go in bunches. 2 in 5 games is not unrealistic. you may then get someone hot and he hits 3 in one game. I would increase it to 30 but it still will not create hrs if your team is in a hr slump. i went about 10 games w/o one than hit 6 in one game. it was quite frustrating but i think one a game is about the average. it also depends on the team you are going against.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2005, 09:26 AM   #272
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano
home runs come and go in bunches. 2 in 5 games is not unrealistic. you may then get someone hot and he hits 3 in one game. I would increase it to 30 but it still will not create hrs if your team is in a hr slump. i went about 10 games w/o one than hit 6 in one game. it was quite frustrating but i think one a game is about the average. it also depends on the team you are going against.
You're exactly right. I'm seeing the same things. My HR's come and go in bunches as well. Which I like.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »