Home

Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2005, 01:22 PM   #281
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

I played 2 games this morning with your most recent sliders. Very good. I'm was one of those who were having trouble hitting homers, but I also played a lot close games which I like. Anyway both games were me as the Astros playing the Reds at Minute Maid. The first game had Andy Pettitte on the mound and I was getting pounded, well not so much pounded because the Reds scored a lot of runs on singles though I did give up a 3 run shot. The Reds got out to a 7-1 lead. I can't recall ever coming back for a deficit that large. But after struggling on offense early, I told myself to be patient and start taking a strike. Eric Milton was on the mound for the Reds and he starting missing pretty badly. I got a couple of singles and walk to load the bases, then took back to back walks to cut the score to 7-3. An rbi double by Brad Ausmus was followed by a 2 run 2 out pinch hit triple by Adam Everett and a single by Wily Taveras tied it up. The game stayed knotted up until the 8th when Adam Dunn hit a solo shot. Anyway I scored 3 in the bottom of the 8th and brought Brad Lidge in to close it out in the 9th. I hit 2 homers that game, 1 with Wily Taveras and 1 by Morgan Ensberg. The Taveras homer was on a 2 strike pitch no less.

The next game was again against the Reds and I had Clemens on the mound. Lance Berkman hit a 2 run homer in the bottom of the 1st. Sean Casey accounted for the lone Cinci run with a solo shot and I won the game 5-1. But the game was a lot closer than the score would indicate. Twice the Reds had the bases loaded with 0 outs and I was able to escape unscathed both times. That game I homered 3 times in 1 inning off of Ben Weber with Bagwell, Ensberg again, and Adam Everett. I am definitely a better hitter at Minute Maid than on the road.

Anyway great set of sliders and it just felt like a real game. Really challenging and fun. Thanks again Jistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2005, 02:12 AM   #282
Rookie

OVR: 0

Jistic, love your sliders, but I think they are getting a bit too easy for me on the offensive side. I'm using the A's, did no trading, and im pretty much blowing people out, tough pitchers included. I won 8-0 vs schilling and the sawks, and 13-6 vs tomko and the giants. I'm just looking for something a bit more realistic. I dont want my offense to be putrid, but i'd also like a challenge. I'm also a pretty patient hitter. Can you or someone else suggest a more difficult set of sliders? Thanks a bunch for your guys's help and keep up the good work.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:43 PM   #283
Pro

steven's Arena

OVR: 7
Cool Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoy
Jistic, love your sliders, but I think they are getting a bit too easy for me on the offensive side. I'm using the A's, did no trading, and im pretty much blowing people out, tough pitchers included. I won 8-0 vs schilling and the sawks, and 13-6 vs tomko and the giants. I'm just looking for something a bit more realistic. I dont want my offense to be putrid, but i'd also like a challenge. I'm also a pretty patient hitter. Can you or someone else suggest a more difficult set of sliders? Thanks a bunch for your guys's help and keep up the good work.
hey im posting some sliders tonight, ive been working really hard the last couple of weeks to get some challenging sliders, and close to realistic as i can get it they wont be perfect ,because everyone has a different way of playing,but give them a try whev i post them tonight,and let me know what you think? my sliders will be under name Nasa all star sliders thanks
Old 05-13-2005, 12:00 AM   #284
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoy
Lower you human contact to either 20-25

Increase cpu power and contact. the cpu should have contact at around 20. Power should be anyway from 5-10 depending on how you can pitch.
Old 05-14-2005, 03:19 AM   #285
Rookie

OVR: 3

Jistic, i think it is too easy to steal with these sliders, have you noticed this? Let me know, b/c i think something needs to be changed. I can steal bases at will, and not get caught even with pitch outs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2005, 11:07 AM   #286
Rookie

OVR: 1

How much difference is there with Pitch Speed set at -15?
Old 05-14-2005, 11:12 AM   #287
MVP

wildcatchild's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellegrino
How much difference is there with Pitch Speed set at -15?
I don't know, but I play at Pitch Speed +10. I probably strike out 5-9 times a game, but my scores are varied and it makes hitting that much more challenging.

Now if I could only learn how to pitch....
Old 05-14-2005, 12:37 PM   #288
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmbirney
Jistic, i think it is too easy to steal with these sliders, have you noticed this? Let me know, b/c i think something needs to be changed. I can steal bases at will, and not get caught even with pitch outs.
You are correct my friend. I had to make regular baserunning faster, but now that screwed up stealing. Lower it, mess with it, lemme know what you come up with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »