Home

Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-15-2005, 03:33 AM   #289
MVP

edmus's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
You are correct my friend. I had to make regular baserunning faster, but now that screwed up stealing. Lower it, mess with it, lemme know what you come up with.
Wait, I'm confused. Isn't this what the steal speed and steal delay sliders are for? This is something I've been wondering about for a while. Does the baserunning speed slider affect the speed of a base stealer, or is it purely based on the 'steal' sliders? Also, I've noticed using your sliders that throwing out base stealers is way too easy for me, with Victor Martinez anyway. I need to make some adjustments eventually, but I hate tweaking right in the middle of the playoffs.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:34 AM   #290
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmus
Wait, I'm confused. Isn't this what the steal speed and steal delay sliders are for? This is something I've been wondering about for a while. Does the baserunning speed slider affect the speed of a base stealer, or is it purely based on the 'steal' sliders? Also, I've noticed using your sliders that throwing out base stealers is way too easy for me, with Victor Martinez anyway. I need to make some adjustments eventually, but I hate tweaking right in the middle of the playoffs.
It seems that tweaking the overall baserunning speed also messed with the steal speed. You need to reduce the steal speed and test, repeat. But leave the running speed as is.

Old 05-15-2005, 05:16 PM   #291
Rookie

OVR: 2

Jistic, I like your sliders as far as my offense is concerned. It seems right on the money. But, computer offense, jesus, I am just getting hammered. Are you not having 12-8 stlye games way too often? Or is it my pitching. I don't want to give up on these sliders, because I love my offense, very realistic. Thanks. (maybe some pitching hints, if you're not having overly computer offensive games).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2005, 07:35 PM   #292
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikman08
Jistic, I like your sliders as far as my offense is concerned. It seems right on the money. But, computer offense, jesus, I am just getting hammered. Are you not having 12-8 stlye games way too often? Or is it my pitching. I don't want to give up on these sliders, because I love my offense, very realistic. Thanks. (maybe some pitching hints, if you're not having overly computer offensive games).
I'm getting variety. Depends on who I got on the hill I guess. I think the key is to not be afraid to make them chase stuff. That means giving up a walk here and there. And don't always challenge their best hitters. IF you expand the strike zone, they will be more off balance at the plate. If you ALWAYS throw a strike with a full count say, they know that and will pound you. Don't be afraid to expand it. Just think of when you're batting with 2 strikes, you probably expand your strike zone too and swing at some bad pitches just trying to make contact. THat's about the best I can do for ya.

Old 05-15-2005, 08:06 PM   #293
MVP

edmus's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
It seems that tweaking the overall baserunning speed also messed with the steal speed. You need to reduce the steal speed and test, repeat. But leave the running speed as is.
Interesting, that really does complicate things having 3 baserunning sliders & 1 fielding slider that all play a role in steal success. That plus individual runner speed & catcher throw strength make this one tough to get just right. Thanks for the info! Also I'm wondering, does the pitch speed slider have some impact as well?

By the way, I really like your fatigue sliders, though I may even tweak them a little. I was shocked the other day when I took Cliff Lee into the 8th inning & had thrown 115 pitches. That's the first time I've gotten over 100 pitches. It was purely by accident, as I kept sitting down relievers in the pen & forgot to warm them back up. He was running on fumes, and his arm probably would've fallen off if not for a well-timed mound visit!
Old 05-15-2005, 08:11 PM   #294
Pro

OVR: 8

i use your sliders for PC and PS2. i get very realistic results on the PC, but on PS2 i just crush the cpu by about 5 runs/game. does it make a difference what console u use these sliders for?

Old 05-15-2005, 09:54 PM   #295
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbllstr876
i use your sliders for PC and PS2. i get very realistic results on the PC, but on PS2 i just crush the cpu by about 5 runs/game. does it make a difference what console u use these sliders for?
You got me there. I made these on the Xbox. So I can't vouch for other systems.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2005, 02:29 AM   #296
Rookie

nathan118's Arena

OVR: 10

looking to make these sliders a tad more difficult as well. What are good ways to do that?

I think to improve the computers offense I'll bump up the difficulty on my pitching slider some, and his contact a little.

What about making it harder on me? Does increasing the pitch speed affect contact and power? Seems like there should be a guide for how to make the game easier or harder without messing up the chemistry of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »