Home

Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2005, 09:08 PM   #305
Hall Of Fame
 
Jistic's Arena
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Chicago, ILL
Posts: 16,404
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzmotto
hey Jistics what do u feel about the sliders for the bullpen

bullpen fat rate 50
Bullpen fat grace -45
?
the part of the game really bother me that you can use you bullpen every day and they don't get tired
Everything I've tried doesn't work. I don't think you can affect the recovery of relievers with sliders. I think it's just a minor flaw in the game.
__________________
PSN: JISTIC_OS
XBOX LIVE: JISTIC

Jistic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2005, 07:35 PM   #306
Rookie
 
nathan118's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Mar 2003
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

Just wanted to say these sliders are still rocking for me, 130 games into my dynasty. I went 20-7 during the month of July, and I thought they were getting a little easy, but I'm currently 12-12 during the month of august, so it's still super challenging.

Derek Lowe was taking a no hitter into the 6th inning today...he then loaded the bases and gave up a grand slam the same inning. Talk about coming out of nowhere!

Another game I was down 3-1 to the astros. I had two men on and Jeff Weaver at the plate. He hits a grounder into what should be a super simple force out, but the throw to second is missed, which then goes past the outfielders who were playing shallow. All 3 runners came around to score to take a 4-3 lead.

Another game I was going into the 9th, winnng 3-2. Time for GAGNE! He then served up a homerun to tie it, which I then lost in the 10th.

All this happened today. I love this game, rock on!
__________________
PSN: nathan118
nathan118 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 08:20 PM   #307
Hall Of Fame
 
Jistic's Arena
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Chicago, ILL
Posts: 16,404
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

You're my kind of guy. Now THAT'S a slider evaluation. 130 games! You are an example to us all. Thanks for sharing!
__________________
PSN: JISTIC_OS
XBOX LIVE: JISTIC

Jistic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 06:56 AM   #308
mlblover33
Guest
 
OVR:
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

You know what i cant really get my mind around.. how i can take these sliders right off the page.. use them on pro and succeed. then try them on all star and not be able to do squat with them... I simply dont understand... there no middle ground with this game... either you can destroy the computer or you get destroyed every single game... i simply dont get it... it makes no sense..

and how is it taht the computer is able to be at -11 and -19 for contact and power AND STILL HIT HIOME RUNS when im on 40/20 and cant do crap??? came anyone please expalin this??
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 09:45 AM   #309
Hall Of Fame
 
mjb2124's Arena
 
OVR: 32
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 13,649
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover33
and how is it taht the computer is able to be at -11 and -19 for contact and power AND STILL HIT HIOME RUNS when im on 40/20 and cant do crap??? came anyone please expalin this??
The sliders aren't the end all of what is going to happen so even though something is positive or negative doesn't necessarily mean it will occur less. You still have to do what is right to get that to happen. You could set the cpu power at -50 and if you groove fastballs right over the plate all day, they'll still hit a good many for HR's (which they should).

HR's is purely based on good timing in this game. Your power and contact can be set to 50, but if you don't time the pitch perfectly (and I mean perfectly), you won't do squat with it.

The CPU can hit them out in the negative because they time almost everything perfectly. You really have to waste a bunch of pitches to throw them off.

The AI is MUCH, MUCH smarter on All Star than Pro. Even smarter on MVP Level. So when you jump up a level, you won't get away with some, or many of the things that you got away with on the previous level. Might not even have realized what you did on Pro wasn't very sound strategy in terms of pitching/setting up hitters, but if it wasn't, they'll make you pay on All Star.
mjb2124 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 04:18 PM   #310
mlblover33
Guest
 
OVR:
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboo
The sliders aren't the end all of what is going to happen so even though something is positive or negative doesn't necessarily mean it will occur less. You still have to do what is right to get that to happen. You could set the cpu power at -50 and if you groove fastballs right over the plate all day, they'll still hit a good many for HR's (which they should).

HR's is purely based on good timing in this game. Your power and contact can be set to 50, but if you don't time the pitch perfectly (and I mean perfectly), you won't do squat with it.

The CPU can hit them out in the negative because they time almost everything perfectly. You really have to waste a bunch of pitches to throw them off.

The AI is MUCH, MUCH smarter on All Star than Pro. Even smarter on MVP Level. So when you jump up a level, you won't get away with some, or many of the things that you got away with on the previous level. Might not even have realized what you did on Pro wasn't very sound strategy in terms of pitching/setting up hitters, but if it wasn't, they'll make you pay on All Star.
but on pro with jistics V 3 sliders wth the cpu at -11/-19 they couldnt hit crap... and i mean they barely ever got a ball out of the infield. On all star all teh balls are hit hard and longer on the same settings.. that just makes no sense..

it is like one day playing little league baseball (pro) and then making the jump to the majore leagues (all star) and that acnt happen in real lfe so why did htey allow it to happen in the game... i just dont understand... the computer is way in teh (-) in both contact and power and killing the ball on all star.. now if i was to have them in the (-) like that i wouldnt be able to get a ball out of the infield.. i just dont get it..

oh well tahnks for the info and allowing me to rant. lol
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 04:30 PM   #311
Hall Of Fame
 
mjb2124's Arena
 
OVR: 32
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 13,649
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

It's due to the fact that there is a very big jump in levels in terms of the CPU's ability. Same sliders on different levels are going to produce very different results. The AI for the computer is that much smarter on the higher levels and they make much better contact with pitches. Stuff you got past them on PRO, you can't do so on All Star.

Think of it this way. When you play on PRO, there's a hidden set of sliders all set to 0. When you edit the sliders they move from that 0 point. So if you move CPU contact to 30, it's really 30.

When you play on All Star that hidden set of sliders is set to 50. So when you move CPU Contact to 30, it's really 80.

That's the best way I can explain it.

It makes sense because we all have different ability levels. Some guys just can't play on All Star so tweaked sliders on Pro is perfect for them. Other guys think no matter how difficult they make the CPU sliders on PRO, it's still too easy.
mjb2124 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2005, 09:12 PM   #312
mlblover33
Guest
 
OVR:
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboo
It's due to the fact that there is a very big jump in levels in terms of the CPU's ability. Same sliders on different levels are going to produce very different results. The AI for the computer is that much smarter on the higher levels and they make much better contact with pitches. Stuff you got past them on PRO, you can't do so on All Star.

Think of it this way. When you play on PRO, there's a hidden set of sliders all set to 0. When you edit the sliders they move from that 0 point. So if you move CPU contact to 30, it's really 30.

When you play on All Star that hidden set of sliders is set to 50. So when you move CPU Contact to 30, it's really 80.

That's the best way I can explain it.

It makes sense because we all have different ability levels. Some guys just can't play on All Star so tweaked sliders on Pro is perfect for them. Other guys think no matter how difficult they make the CPU sliders on PRO, it's still too easy.
ok that makes sense so lets just say on jistics sliders even when you put the cpu contact down to -11 your really still giving them 39 contact but why when would anyone (pared) put cpu contact in the plus side?? no n one can be that good a pitching in this game to be able to afford to have the cpu have that much of an advantage..
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:27 PM.

Top -