Home

Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-11-2005, 12:15 AM   #313
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover33
ok that makes sense so lets just say on jistics sliders even when you put the cpu contact down to -11 your really still giving them 39 contact but why when would anyone (pared) put cpu contact in the plus side?? no n one can be that good a pitching in this game to be able to afford to have the cpu have that much of an advantage..
I'm guessing he is that good at pitching. I'm able to pitch very well on All Star and MVP Level with CPU sliders in the positive. The problem is that I can't hit at all (even when I put Human hitting sliders positive). We're all on different levels I guess. Some people even have the human hitting sliders way into the negative on All Star and MVP Levels. I'd never make solid contact if I did that!
Old 06-11-2005, 12:32 AM   #314
mlblover33

OVR:

yeah im using jistics and have lost my first two games on them but they arent bad... the only thing i up graded is the pitch speed i have that at 0 instead of -15. when i was playing on rookie i had the ability to wait on fastballs in my zone, but i just cant do it on pro.. i dont understand... im back to my old close your eyes and pray for contact thing again.. but im not getting as frustrated wth it as i was before.. I just need to try to be more patient but it isnt that easy at all

Old 06-11-2005, 10:00 PM   #315
MVP

edmus's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
It seems that tweaking the overall baserunning speed also messed with the steal speed. You need to reduce the steal speed and test, repeat. But leave the running speed as is.
After quite a few games of tweaking these, I've decided to drop the user steal speed to 0. With steal delay at -8, I still get plenty of stolen bases. I got thrown out with Carl Crawford & Rafael Furcal at 2nd the other night by 2 perfect throws from Jason Varitek (70 throwing strength) after I changed the delay to -5. Seemed a little unrealistic considering one of these steal attempts was on a breaking ball. So for now I'm keeping the delay at -8.

I've still got the pitch speed slider set to 0. Do you think that slider plays a role in steal success? It seems like it would. If so, I'd imagine you'd need to lower steal speed even more with your pitch speed at -15.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2005, 10:02 PM   #316
MVP

edmus's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover33
the only thing i up graded is the pitch speed i have that at 0 instead of -15.
What batting camera do you use? I think Jistic uses the hitter's eye camera (view #1). I use view #4 (center), and for me pitch speed at 0 seems just right. I think -15 would be waaaayyy too slow for camera #4.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:47 AM   #317
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmus
After quite a few games of tweaking these, I've decided to drop the user steal speed to 0. With steal delay at -8, I still get plenty of stolen bases. I got thrown out with Carl Crawford & Rafael Furcal at 2nd the other night by 2 perfect throws from Jason Varitek (70 throwing strength) after I changed the delay to -5. Seemed a little unrealistic considering one of these steal attempts was on a breaking ball. So for now I'm keeping the delay at -8.

I've still got the pitch speed slider set to 0. Do you think that slider plays a role in steal success? It seems like it would. If so, I'd imagine you'd need to lower steal speed even more with your pitch speed at -15.
When I first changed the pitch speed, the steal success didn't seem to change. So I'd say no. It's the baserunning speed and the throw accuracy plays a factor too. So you just got to tweak the baserunning speed/delay until you find the right balance.

Old 06-12-2005, 02:34 PM   #318
Rookie

nathan118's Arena

OVR: 10

I wasn't ready for Jistic's sliders on all-star until I'd put in about 40 games on Pro with Heel Fan's sliders. (Sorry Jistic, not all 130 were with yours ) I recommend playing a LOT of games on pro sliders, and until you see an unrealistic streak of the computer being too easy, then bump yourself up to some more difficult sliders.

This is the hard part that takes patience, because jistic's might not be the best all-star sliders for you. After pro is too easy, you need to find more difficult pro sliders, or some good all-star sliders. You have to understand that it's going to take at least 10 games before you can judge them. There is a certain amount of randomness built-in, and then factor in harder and easier pitchers. Point is just try stuff til you find one that works (but give it time).
Old 06-12-2005, 09:12 PM   #319
mlblover33

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmus
What batting camera do you use? I think Jistic uses the hitter's eye camera (view #1). I use view #4 (center), and for me pitch speed at 0 seems just right. I think -15 would be waaaayyy too slow for camera #4.
I'm using 6/1 so behind pitcher (pitch) and hitters eye batting... i've now played 2 or three games with these sliders on pro and am startrig to really like it... ill wait some more until i decide if i need to make teh leap to all star or not but i've finally begun to start taking pitches that arent fastballs or fastballs in my hot zones..

dont get me wrong im not perfect, i still swing at high pitches an the occasional inside/outside pitch. I still have only one non inten walk to my credit...That will come in time but im actually patient enough to where i wonder if +40 contact while on pro may be too easy. lol great sliders jistic... im really liking them.

Old 06-13-2005, 08:13 AM   #320
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

I use 6/1 as well. No pitching aids whatsoever. The game plays perfectly. Glad you're getting good results now!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »