Home

Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2005, 12:03 AM   #321
mlblover33

OVR:
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

just played two games and what a contrast... first game lost to the M's 9-1 gave up 5 homers and struck out 10 times..

second game.. zito (9-2, 1.10) vs Moyer (8-2,1.72) i won it 1-0 in regulation... got just 5 hits again struck out 10 times but more importantly over thise last two games using your sliers on all star... ive walked 4 times (2 times per game)

ive never been patient enough to ever draw a walk.. with your sliders i've drawn 4. it should have been more like 6-12 over those two games but that is my fault.. lol...

I cant understand why all the sudden im actually taking pitches when before i was the prime example of the free swinger... but im now having fun and actually able to work counts.. thank you

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2005, 02:27 AM   #322
mlblover33

OVR:

Well Moyer F'd up my patience... in my last 3 games ive struck out a total of 31 times.. 10,9,12 in that order... the last one being the opener against the Giants i just played.. I have to get back to taking pitches or im dead

Old 06-15-2005, 11:47 AM   #323
Rookie

nathan118's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover33
Well Moyer F'd up my patience... in my last 3 games ive struck out a total of 31 times.. 10,9,12 in that order... the last one being the opener against the Giants i just played.. I have to get back to taking pitches or im dead
This is what seems so real about this game. I fall into streaks where I swing at everything, or start swinging for the fences. Sometimes it works, sometimes I just strike out a ton.

What works for me is to shrink my strike zone. When I expand it I start swinging at everything: pitches way too high, big curves that practically hit the plate. When I hold back and make my strike zone small, I might take a few strikes, but the pitches I do swing at are much better. Swinging at better pitches leads to better contact and less strike outs. Just gotta find what works for you.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:42 PM   #324
Rookie

OVR: 0

Do alot of ya's just swing without the stick when you get behind in the count? Or still use the stick? And how successful are ya at it?
Old 06-15-2005, 03:05 PM   #325
Rookie

nathan118's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback_05
Do alot of ya's just swing without the stick when you get behind in the count? Or still use the stick? And how successful are ya at it?
I pretty much always use the stick unless it's a pitch right down the middle, which is rare. When you use the stick you can either pull or go the other way with the pitch, which if done right, should lead to better contact.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2005, 06:14 PM   #326
mlblover33

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan118
This is what seems so real about this game. I fall into streaks where I swing at everything, or start swinging for the fences. Sometimes it works, sometimes I just strike out a ton.

What works for me is to shrink my strike zone. When I expand it I start swinging at everything: pitches way too high, big curves that practically hit the plate. When I hold back and make my strike zone small, I might take a few strikes, but the pitches I do swing at are much better. Swinging at better pitches leads to better contact and less strike outs. Just gotta find what works for you.

i was doiing that.. well until i faced Moyer who was in or around the zone for most of the game... but he was throwing sooo much junk my timing was off and i found myself swinging at balls out of teh zone low and high and early... it was a miss my once mightly 12.5 game lead is doen to 8.5 now and i just got beat by teh giants a second straight game...

i have some time in between chise games seeeing how one of my guest writers who is giogn to write about this game i just played will be out of town for the week it gives me time to play some practive games and get back in the flow... i did cut down on my k's last game only 7 but that is still 38 over my last 4 games... which is not acceptable..

ok off to priactice.. lol

Old 06-15-2005, 07:02 PM   #327
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan118

Same for me. I have to shrink my strike zone as well until I have two strikes. Hell I usually only look fastball before I'm down 2 striks, unless the pitcher hangs a juicy breaking ball. Then I just look to go opposite field when down to my last strike. Sometimes I think hitting's too easy....then I SLUMP and can't seem to get it back. It's wonderful!

Old 06-15-2005, 07:12 PM   #328
mlblover33

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Same for me. I have to shrink my strike zone as well until I have two strikes. Hell I usually only look fastball before I'm down 2 striks, unless the pitcher hangs a juicy breaking ball. Then I just look to go opposite field when down to my last strike. Sometimes I think hitting's too easy....then I SLUMP and can't seem to get it back. It's wonderful!
That is what i started out doing.. waiting for fastballs or white pitches in my red zone and it was working.. but then i got back into just seeing and swining..

I notice when i have the lead or and really far behind i let go of all that i remember and just swing like i dont care... i mean im not waiting on crap any more..if the ball looks like it will be in or on teh outside edge of the zone.. im swinging...

i was being sooo patient..then it just all fell apart... i cant seem to re focus... adn that is why my 12 game lead is now 8.5 games and shrinking fast...

ill keep working on it but i hope i can get it back soon

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »