Home

Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-15-2005, 11:22 PM   #329
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Same for me. I have to shrink my strike zone as well until I have two strikes. Hell I usually only look fastball before I'm down 2 striks, unless the pitcher hangs a juicy breaking ball. Then I just look to go opposite field when down to my last strike. Sometimes I think hitting's too easy....then I SLUMP and can't seem to get it back. It's wonderful!
Yep well said.

I had Todd Helton hit 11 homeruns in May then come to june and barely put the bat on the ball.

This game is THE most unpredictable game I've played.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:43 AM   #330
Rookie

funkdockta's Arena

OVR: 1

yeah hell i just dropped 4 in a row (1 to the Pads, and a 3 game sweep to the Pie Rats) and I dunno if I'm just tryin to hit everything with Crawford or what, but he's all the way down to a .213 now. (13 games into my ownasty) but maybe I'm thinkin I'm just to worried about getting him on base to make another steal or somethin lol.

Whats worse is Garciaparra who I just dropped to #9 in the batting order is batting a .195. I moved Corey Patterson into the #2 spot. He's batting a .295 at least.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:49 AM   #331
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

I was hitting at LEAST one HR a game it seemed. Then 7 games ago I hit 4 in a game. I hit the road...and haven't hit one since! I don't know what's happened. I am hitting everything, but not the long ball. It's funny.

My best hitter has been under .200 all of April and 1/2 of May. I just didn't get it. Now he's on a tear and up to .260 in just about 10 games. I also have another guy who hit 9 HR's in April, and 1 in the whole month of May. That's what makes this game so special that a lot of people don't realize. Like a good woman if you take the time to invest in it, you get to see it's beauty more each day.

You'd be crazy to evaluate the gameplay or sliders after 4 games. Hell my Ace pitcher started out 3-0 with an ERA below 2.00 I thought hmmm it's too easy to hit my spots. I didn't change anything however. NOw? He's 4-8!!! I can't seem to find his magic again. He lost 8 games in a row and last night I finally got him to pitch a 6 hit shutout. Is he back? Who knows? That's what I love about it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2005, 10:59 AM   #332
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Hell I usually only look fastball before I'm down 2 striks, unless the pitcher hangs a juicy breaking ball.
This is how I approach hitting. By only looking for fastballs with less than 2 strikes it helps my timing a lot. It works great against power pitchers but I tend to struggle against guys who throw a lot of off speed stuff or that have a good 2 seam fastball.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:59 PM   #333
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
I was hitting at LEAST one HR a game it seemed. Then 7 games ago I hit 4 in a game. I hit the road...and haven't hit one since! I don't know what's happened. I am hitting everything, but not the long ball. It's funny.

My best hitter has been under .200 all of April and 1/2 of May. I just didn't get it. Now he's on a tear and up to .260 in just about 10 games. I also have another guy who hit 9 HR's in April, and 1 in the whole month of May. That's what makes this game so special that a lot of people don't realize. Like a good woman if you take the time to invest in it, you get to see it's beauty more each day.

You'd be crazy to evaluate the gameplay or sliders after 4 games. Hell my Ace pitcher started out 3-0 with an ERA below 2.00 I thought hmmm it's too easy to hit my spots. I didn't change anything however. NOw? He's 4-8!!! I can't seem to find his magic again. He lost 8 games in a row and last night I finally got him to pitch a 6 hit shutout. Is he back? Who knows? That's what I love about it.

I agree with you here last night I played two games so distinct you would never believe this was a game and not the real thing.

I lost the first game 6-2 in 15 innings. I scored my 2 runs early in the game and couldnt get another one across for the life of me. In the bottom of the 14th I had the bases loaded with 1 out and couldnt get a run in. Then my relief pitcher got bombed in the top of the 15th. Not to mention I only had 7 hits in 15 innings.

The second game I was leading 2-1 in the bottom of the 8th. Then with 2 outs and a couple of guys on I all off a sudden I go on a tear unlike any I have had. I score 8 runs all on RBI singles to make the score 10-1. It was unbelievable to have all those 2 outs hits in a row. Its the only time I have ever had anything like that happen. I wound up with 21 hits for that game.

This game can only be appreciated after time. You see the real masterpiece of the gameplay that EA sports has came up with.
Old 06-16-2005, 03:01 PM   #334
Rookie

Hey Jistic why dont you come up with some sliders for MVP level?
Old 06-16-2005, 03:06 PM   #335
Rookie

OVR: 1

I had a 2-2 tie until the 15th innning with the Yankees. Mariano Rivera pitched from the the 9th to the 14th (5.3 innings). This seemed absoultely ridiculous, of course. How can I adjust Jistic's sliders to keep this from happening again and yet not compromise the whole slider set? (I know that all the sliders are tied into one anohter.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2005, 03:57 PM   #336
*dv*nc*d L*rk*r

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOLTHEAD
I had a 2-2 tie until the 15th innning with the Yankees. Mariano Rivera pitched from the the 9th to the 14th (5.3 innings). This seemed absoultely ridiculous, of course. How can I adjust Jistic's sliders to keep this from happening again and yet not compromise the whole slider set? (I know that all the sliders are tied into one anohter.)

take short relief pitcher's fatigue up to +45 or 50 (not the bullpen --- the pitcher's fatigue)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »