Home

Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-11-2005, 03:33 AM   #361
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Feel free to use what works best for you. I haven't found anything useful with that.
I've noticed a few "interesting" issues with Jistic's sliders. All in all, a great set, and thanks for the hard work Jistic.

-- Am I getting "too" good at this game at All-Star mode, or does that fact that each and everyone of my regulars (as the "hated" Yanks) after 75 games in Franchise Mode Season 1, has at least 18 home runs each seem a little odd? Even "light hitting" Tony Womack has 18 HR's after 75 games. After 75 Games, I'm 54-21.

-- The computer can't hit for squat. I usually pitch around hitters, especially the good ones, but I NEVER walk anyone. After 75 games, my ENTIRE pitching staff has given up only 20 walks. You would think that me throwing that many strikes would lead to some big hits, innings and games for the CPU, but they are SO few and far between. My team ERA on the season is 2.71. The next closest is 3.75.

-- I truly believe that the "Hitters Eye" makes hitting in this game WAY too easy. For me anyway.

Don't get me wrong....I've been blown out. A few times (mostly by the Red Sox And I've had my share of close games, but are the Yanks THAT good in this game? Perhaps I should try playing as a middle of the pack team (Orioles, Padres, Dodgers, etc).

Anyway, thanks for listening, and Jistic, thanks again for the sliders. I've been using ALL of your sliders for ALL games since 2003, and I love each and every set. Keep up the good work, and take care.

Matt R.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2005, 03:14 PM   #362
Rookie

OVR: 1

Fellas,

Hi everyone. Recent convert from 2K5 and I love this game. I've been playing with the version 3.0 sliders for around 12 games and have seen exactly 2 CPU batters swing at a pitch out of the strike zone.. Is this an isolated case or is this how things are?

Could someone share with me a realistic slider setting that may be a more realistic option as I find this extremely unrealistic.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:13 PM   #363
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexx Haven
Fellas,

Hi everyone. Recent convert from 2K5 and I love this game. I've been playing with the version 3.0 sliders for around 12 games and have seen exactly 2 CPU batters swing at a pitch out of the strike zone.. Is this an isolated case or is this how things are?

Could someone share with me a realistic slider setting that may be a more realistic option as I find this extremely unrealistic.

I've been using Jistics sliders with good results. Changed a few of the sliders to suit my skill level.

Pitching Meter > -40
Runners speed > +13 ( both for me and CPU )
Errors > +40 ( both for me and CPU ) I play with assisted fielding.

I walk between 1-5 batters a game. The pitching meter is set for my skill level not someone else's. Eventually I might go to -50 if I get to good at it.

You can get the CPU batters to swing at balls if you set the batters up. Sometimes I'll throw a ball on purpose just off the plate, but hit the pitching meter dead center, and the CPU will hack at it. Just remember to mix up your pitches to keep the batter off balance. Don't always throw strikes either, because the CPU will catch on and swing at most of your pitches. I get quite a few called 3rd strikes because of this.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:55 PM   #364
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Has anyone changed the steal sliders a little bit? There almost perfect but...

I'll keep them the same for a little while to see if there is a change, but I'm throwing guys out too easy lately.

I'm the Phillies by the way, with Mike Lieberthal as my catcher. He is only average, and should not be throwing everyone out.

But like I said, it could be that I got a little lucky the last several games, but I'm just wondering if anyone else had to change these.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:36 PM   #365
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
Has anyone changed the steal sliders a little bit? There almost perfect but...

I'll keep them the same for a little while to see if there is a change, but I'm throwing guys out too easy lately.

I'm the Phillies by the way, with Mike Lieberthal as my catcher. He is only average, and should not be throwing everyone out.

But like I said, it could be that I got a little lucky the last several games, but I'm just wondering if anyone else had to change these.

I've lowered the User throw accuracy a little bit. It helps not just with stealing, but with all throws in general. I want some bad throws from my fielders to make it more realistic. Nothing like seeing Womack toss one in the stands. lol

You can also lower the CPU Steal Delay so they'll get a better jump on your pitcher.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2005, 11:51 AM   #366
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion
I've lowered the User throw accuracy a little bit. It helps not just with stealing, but with all throws in general. I want some bad throws from my fielders to make it more realistic. Nothing like seeing Womack toss one in the stands. lol

You can also lower the CPU Steal Delay so they'll get a better jump on your pitcher.
These sliders are incredible!

I'm 3 games into my season and I'm getting great results.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:18 PM   #367
Community Manager

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Did anyone ever balance the Steel Speed/Delay issue with these?

My Twitter
My PARTNERED Twitch Channel!
Old 07-19-2005, 08:17 PM   #368
MVP

edmus's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Did anyone ever balance the Steel Speed/Delay issue with these?
Try these tweaks and see what you think. Over the course of the end of my 2005 season and the first 55 games of the 2006 season, I've constantly been changing these to try to get realistic results. Its funny, but eventually I just ended up adjusting 3 of the sliders back to the default 0.

User Runner Steal Speed: 0* (was 4)
CPU Runner Steal Speed: 0* (was -8)
User Runner Steal Delay: -8
CPU Runner Steal Delay: 0* (was 5)

I don't know if it makes a difference, but my pitch speed is set to 0, not -15 like Jistic's. They could probably still use some work, but I think they're better than Jistic's original values. I almost never get thrown out at 2nd with Carl Crawford or Furcal -- in fact its more common for them to get picked off of 1st. But if the catcher makes an accurate throw following a fastball its a close play.

I also feel these are pretty good in modeling the effect of what type of pitch you steal on. If the pitcher throws a change or curve, its an easy steal for a fast runner as it should be.

Any feedback on these is appreciated. Seems like the last several games I've played the CPU caught me napping when it chose to steal, so I haven't had a really good chance to try to gun somebody out at 2nd lately.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »