Home

Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2006, 12:04 PM   #417
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

I have been using these sliders for some time and I love them. The one thing that I have a problem with is the stealing ability that I have. I lead the league with 22 total team steals this season. The next team has about 9. I only steal with the fastest guys. Does anyone have any steal settings that seem to challenge you?

NCAA Football 2008 PS2 Michigan
Madden 2008 PS2 Lions
MLB 08:The Show PS3 Cubs
College Hoops 2K8 PS3 Michigan
NBA 2K8 PS3 Pistons
Old 04-21-2006, 09:46 PM   #418
MVP

OVR: 6

To the person who was talking about HR's and not having to aim up and in everytime.

In my Braves dynasty, Adam LaRoche has gotten numerous homeruns down the line by just pulling the analog stick to the right.

I've also had a few homeruns like that with others. It really all comes down to the pitch you hit. I mean you cant expect to pull a homerun down the line using just analog stick left/right if the ball is at your knees. It needs to be between the belt and letters to have an easier time with it.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:27 PM   #419
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hi Jistic...

I'm playing on 'Pro', but have used your sliders as a base to work from...

You have slider posts in this thread numbered 52, 205, and 225...

Which are you still using?

Is there a 'consensus' favorite among the other participants in this thread?

I'm leaning tword #225...I find that -10 to -15 on pitch speed makes the ptichers throw at the speeds that their scouting reports in the Sporting News 2006 Guide report...

It also give me a better chance at hitting...lol...

Thanks for all these great slider sets!!!
Old 05-02-2006, 01:46 PM   #420
MVP

I'm using the latest post with a few personal tweaks. Basically you just have to use someone's sliders as a base and edit a little to find out what fits you best. If you are really good with the hitter's eye and hitting in general knock down your contact and power a little bit.

Only pitches I have problems with is when a pitcher has a 90+ mph sinker and a low-mid 80's forkball since they both show up pink with hitter's eye.

Then it comes down to matching situations with pitch guessing.
Old 05-28-2006, 06:25 PM   #421
Rookie

OVR: 3

Alburt Pujols 106 games. 42 home runs.
Derek Lee 112 games. 42 home runs.

Also I have peavy,morris,gagne by order 1st-3rd in cy young race also 1st-2nd in mvp race for lee and pujols. Anyone else getting similiar numbers for home runs. This is outragous. Season is not over yet. I still have almost 2 months of baseball left.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2006, 05:39 PM   #422
Rookie

OVR: 2

i am using the v3 of these sliders and i love them, the only problem i seem to be having is im plaiyng in owner mode, and i usually sim quite a few games, or sim then jump in the 7th if its close etc...the problem im having is the scores are insanely high, like almost every game there is a 4-5 run inning by one team, i have only had a few games were combined runs < 6, usually its over 10, and its not uncommon to be over 20. However i do enjoy the sliders when im actually playing, so is there anyway i can get them to tone down the scoring but still have the same gameplay feel?
thanks for the hard work
to give some examples, i just got the ASB
theres 15 guys hitting .340 or above, over 30 htting .330 or above, and the 11 guys w/over 70 runs scored, oddly enough the HRs do not seem to be a problem, a little high but not as high as the other problem, is it possible i need to either make cpu pitching better or cpu contact worse?
lol just to throw this in, more strangeness, ichiro is NOT one of the 60 people or hitting above .300, despite his 98/99 contact ratings lol

Last edited by MillerTyme; 06-14-2006 at 05:47 PM.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:56 AM   #423
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrojelly05
Alburt Pujols 106 games. 42 home runs.
Derek Lee 112 games. 42 home runs.

Also I have peavy,morris,gagne by order 1st-3rd in cy young race also 1st-2nd in mvp race for lee and pujols. Anyone else getting similiar numbers for home runs. This is outragous. Season is not over yet. I still have almost 2 months of baseball left.
I don't think that is too bad. pujols could have hit 60 this year and maybe lee if they did not get hurt.

I have lee (using 15/40) as my hitting sliders. he has .305 ba 35 hrs, 90 rbis at 100 games. i am guessing he will end up with 50 hrs and 150 rbis. this would be possible right (if pierre could get on base).
Old 06-19-2006, 02:14 PM   #424
Rookie

daniel80111's Arena

OVR: 5

Does anyone know if sliders affect simulated stats at all. Meaning if I'm in my dynasty and I have Batting power down to -30, will it give me different stats than power at 40? Just wondering what affect this had. Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »