Home

Carew_29's SLIDERS: A Long Time Coming!

This is a discussion on Carew_29's SLIDERS: A Long Time Coming! within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2005, 08:15 PM   #41
All Star

Rod_Carew29's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: 40 pitches after 8 innings...wtf?!?!? @ dalnet22

some of you guys are real funny...40 pitches after 8 innings? What are you doing...throwing virtually every pitch in the hitters' zone?

We know that NO baseball sim game is perfect, but damn...let me take a shot at this. You're either:

a) pitching with zones/vibration off

b) pitching with them on, but constantly throwing strikes in the red

c) maybe you're still in the 'learning stages' of pitching

d) have your sliders tweaked in other combinations

Hmmm..you keep talking about a view that zoomed out...lmao
maybe you need to rethink what the heck view you're looking at...

For the record, I have never threw so few pitches in so many innings. Most times...I'd say 7 out of 10 times....I can go about 7...maybe 8...with about 85-90 pitches thrown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnet22
I'm noticing the cpu swings a LOT on the first pitch. I just threw an ALDS game with Brandon Webb, and he was 40 pitches after the 8th inning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2005, 08:46 PM   #42
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod_Carew29
some of you guys are real funny...40 pitches after 8 innings? What are you doing...throwing virtually every pitch in the hitters' zone?

We know that NO baseball sim game is perfect, but damn...let me take a shot at this. You're either:

a) pitching with zones/vibration off

b) pitching with them on, but constantly throwing strikes in the red

c) maybe you're still in the 'learning stages' of pitching

d) have your sliders tweaked in other combinations

Hmmm..you keep talking about a view that zoomed out...lmao
maybe you need to rethink what the heck view you're looking at...

For the record, I have never threw so few pitches in so many innings. Most times...I'd say 7 out of 10 times....I can go about 7...maybe 8...with about 85-90 pitches thrown.
Actually the one game that has it down almost perfect is Mlb 06. You can consistently have pitch counts that reach 100-110 by the seventh inning. The pitching is harder to perform by spotting the break of the pitch instead of the exact location in the zone.

The biggest problem with mvp is that the meter does not punish you enough for missing a perfect pitch. The meter is also a little easier to master, making pitching too precise. It does not help the the cpu batters are as anxious as a horny teenager when it comes to hitting the first pitch or just taking a pitch. I think if they were able to fine tune those two elements, the pitching in this game would be spot on.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:44 PM   #43
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Actually the one game that has it down almost perfect is Mlb 06. You can consistently have pitch counts that reach 100-110 by the seventh inning. The pitching is harder to perform by spotting the break of the pitch instead of the exact location in the zone.

The biggest problem with mvp is that the meter does not punish you enough for missing a perfect pitch. The meter is also a little easier to master, making pitching too precise. It does not help the the cpu batters are as anxious as a horny teenager when it comes to hitting the first pitch or just taking a pitch. I think if they were able to fine tune those two elements, the pitching in this game would be spot on.
how do you guys find the total of number of pitches thrown,is there somewhere i could see the pitch count.Or are you counting them manually.This info is greatly appriaciated,thanks.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:03 PM   #44
All Star

Rod_Carew29's Arena

Re: how many pitches thrown? @ jorge380

When you're pitching (or when the CPU is pitching for that matter), just press 'start'...the running pitch count total will be shown

peace!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge380
how do you guys find the total of number of pitches thrown,is there somewhere i could see the pitch count.Or are you counting them manually.This info is greatly appriaciated,thanks.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:26 PM   #45
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

Re: how many pitches thrown? @ jorge380

Quote:
When you're pitching (or when the CPU is pitching for that matter), just press 'start'...the running pitch count total will be shown

peace!
Unfortunately it does not break down balls and strikes in the total.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2006, 09:33 PM   #46
All Star

Rod_Carew29's Arena

Re: ball and strike count @ nemesis04

yep, that is true...I think...but don't quote me, but I THINK one of the past High Heat games did keep those counts

peace!

Quote:
Unfortunately it does not break down balls and strikes in the total.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:39 PM   #47
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

Re: ball and strike count @ nemesis04

Quote:
yep, that is true...I think...but don't quote me, but I THINK one of the past High Heat games did keep those counts

peace!
It most certainly did! I miss that game A LOT. The end game box score info was the best of any video game. It even gave you the ratio of groundballs and flys based on the pitches thrown.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:19 PM   #48
All Star

Rod_Carew29's Arena

Re: the High Heat box score @ nemesis04

It was amazing how the written game summaries were written up to perfection at the end of the game...detailing how rallies started and how routine innings played out. If that game had the gameplay of MVP 2005 along with their statistical data, THAT product would be the best baseball sim game ever. I just couldnt get past the 'test crash dummy' faces....lolol

Quote:
It most certainly did! I miss that game A LOT. The end game box score info was the best of any video game. It even gave you the ratio of groundballs and flys based on the pitches thrown.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »