Home

Carew_29's SLIDERS: A Long Time Coming!

This is a discussion on Carew_29's SLIDERS: A Long Time Coming! within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2006, 06:59 PM   #57
All Star

Rod_Carew29's Arena

OVR: 38
Thumbs up Re: carrying on @ tyler

Thanks Rod. No..I'll NEVER be dissuaded...I do what I do because I LOVE the GAME...real and MVP...lol

And you know what? Sometimes when someone gets out of line, I do what rapper Jay-Z rapped about and what now Oakland A's outfielder Milton Bradley did once, after hitting a tape-measure home run: "Brush (my) shoulders off"

^5

peace!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler
ROD,

This type of post totally embodies your historical contributions to this entire thread. Please do not be dissuaded. It really shows the amount of influence one can create by making "helpful suggestions."
Mr. Carew, like me, is indeed old, but he doesn't possess an attitude as described. Hey folks we all have our individual characteristics which cannot be reduced to how we set up our MVP experience. Long live all gamers, as well as the game of baseball.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:25 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Carew_29's SLIDERS: A Long Time Coming!

"E-and oh yeah, at 48, I've seen (and please don't forget) KNOW more baseball that you will ever have"

Well, I think the most unfortunate thing is your confidence (which is really just arrogance) has gotten the best of you. Good luck with your sliders and your life; I'm done here. I still find it funny that you have so much confidence and yet you're afraid of playing on MVP, but I guess that's all that's really funny here.

Last edited by dalnet22; 01-04-2006 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:01 PM   #59
All Star

Rod_Carew29's Arena

Icon12 Re: Adios @ dalnet22

Afraid....youngster..you need to really get a grip...and really...get a life...there are many more things in life that I 'fear', but playing a friggin' baseball sim game on a mvp setting surely...I repeat...surely ain't one of them.....whenever you come to your senses, you'll be welcomed back.....

Adios......

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnet22
"E-and oh yeah, at 48, I've seen (and please don't forget) KNOW more baseball that you will ever have"

Well, I think the most unfortunate thing is your confidence (which is really just arrogance) has gotten the best of you. Good luck with your sliders and your life; I'm done here. I still find it funny that you have so much confidence and yet you're afraid of playing on MVP, but I guess that's all that's really funny here.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:25 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Carew, you better check that ego at the door. He apologized for his comments, yet you still feel it's ok to talk down to him.

The next "get a life" or "come back when you come to your senses" comment, and you'll be finding a new forum to post at.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:23 PM   #61
All Star

Rod_Carew29's Arena

Thumbs up Re: Carew_29's SLIDERS: A Long Time Coming!

The coast is clear folks. I had a brief convo with one of the Administrators...so you all can ome on back...lol

peace!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2006, 09:06 AM   #62
Pro

OVR: 7

Carew, i like your sliders except for one thing; I am giving up way too many homers to the CPU. About 3-4 a game. Maybe I just stink at pitching? I dont throw pitches down the middlke, I attack the cold zones, I work the batters inside, outside, high and in, low and away but they still are hitting homers off me.

Should I bump the CPU power slider down? Like I said in anotehr post in this thread, I had trouble gving up too many homers when i played with the CPU batting power slider at around 10 lol....

Maybe you can give me some pitching tips?

Good sliders though. Thanks.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:06 AM   #63
All Star

Rod_Carew29's Arena

Smile Re: Giving Up Too Many Homers @ BigL

LOL! L, to be fair, I would knock the CPU power slider down by 5 at first. When I tweak my sliders, I go in small increments at first, with the hopes that after playing a few games, maybe I will have corrected what seems to be giving me a problem.

And after a few games, see how you do in the homer department and let me know.

I played a game with Pedro and my Mets the other night against the Nationals at RFK Stadium. I got my azz handed to me. I wasn't ready for the assult they put on him. Pedro gave up FOUR homers inside of SIX innings...including a BOMB to right (hitting off of the lower upper deck facade) by 2B/CF, Bernie Castro on the SECOND pitch of the gamef?!?!?! LMAOOO

I lost the game, but I left my slider settings...lmaooooooooo

Holla!

peace!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigL
Carew, i like your sliders except for one thing; I am giving up way too many homers to the CPU. About 3-4 a game. Maybe I just stink at pitching? I dont throw pitches down the middlke, I attack the cold zones, I work the batters inside, outside, high and in, low and away but they still are hitting homers off me.

Should I bump the CPU power slider down? Like I said in anotehr post in this thread, I had trouble gving up too many homers when i played with the CPU batting power slider at around 10 lol....

Maybe you can give me some pitching tips?

Good sliders though. Thanks.

Last edited by Rod_Carew29; 01-07-2006 at 10:10 AM.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:00 PM   #64
MVP

BoSoxPujols's Arena

OVR: 7

Carew, what type of power numbers are you putting up a game/season with these sliders?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »