Home

Dynasty with budget vs. no budget

This is a discussion on Dynasty with budget vs. no budget within the MVP MLB Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2004, 10:10 AM   #9
Rookie

carthagebaseball's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Dynasty with budget vs. no budget

I don't know I played a portion of a season with budgets on and simmed the rest of the season to see what the offseason would be like. I played as the brewers. At the end of the season, my team was almost completely depleated of all talent even the top minor leaguers because the team had no payroll room at all. I was deeply upset by this fact. I could sign about half of the players and the rest would then be released. I have no problem with this for the most part except for the fact that I had to let Ben Sheets, Geoff Jenkins, Lyle Overbay, Craig Counsel, Junior Spivey and others all leave because they were to expensive. Guess what I replaced them with. Players not even of Major league caliber. Minors were not quite ready and so what do you have, but a team headed very far south of the border. The majority of players did not even perform to their worth. I then simmed it again making sure I won the majority of my games and making the playoffs all the way up the the national league championship eventually losing. The roster salary bonus wasn't even enough to meet the demand of Ben Sheets and once again saw my team crumble. I was very upset.
I then simmed a season with budgets off. I was upset again at the ability to sign whoever you wanted.
Ultimatly I decided to play with budgets off because the realism behind the budgets I found to be deeply upsetting. I didn't understand how you could grow with a team and make them any better by losing the majority of your rosters year in and year out.

Old 03-23-2004, 11:35 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

well, that's just the reality of small market teams.
Old 03-23-2004, 12:56 PM   #11
Rookie

UALKOEBS's Arena

OVR: 4

After reading this I am going to turn them OFF. I will be fair and utalize the ideas mentioned above as far as FA's go. The last statement above is inaccurate, some low budget teams still sign $big name guys ala..pitt w/mondesi oak/chavez. They aren't playing w/ single A guys all over the place they for the most part still have major league talent, just bench talent. And if this truely does keep the rosters moving and not loading up on pitchers It is the way to go for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2004, 01:27 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Why not turn budgets off and come up with your own budget amount and try not to stray from it when sighning free agents in the off season.
Old 03-23-2004, 01:30 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 8

this sucks, what a dilemma. i would like to play with the budget on but i don't want to go through an entire season and then have this happen to me where I can't sign my players.

what types of cpu signings are there with the budgets on? i read that big names were going all over the place with the budgets off and i was curious if that was limited when they are on. thanks!

oh by the way, can you turn budgets on and off during the season, or is it once you start you have to keep it that setting?

brian
Old 03-23-2004, 05:53 PM   #14
All Star

OVR: 20

How long does it take in dynasty before teams have more then 13 pitchers?
Old 03-23-2004, 07:16 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:

brezz2001 said:
this sucks, what a dilemma. i would like to play with the budget on but i don't want to go through an entire season and then have this happen to me where I can't sign my players.

what types of cpu signings are there with the budgets on? i read that big names were going all over the place with the budgets off and i was curious if that was limited when they are on. thanks!

oh by the way, can you turn budgets on and off during the season, or is it once you start you have to keep it that setting?
brian

Go to Options in the Dynasty Mode and you will have access to all of the options you set at the beginning including Budgets
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2004, 08:58 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 6

What would happen if you turned off budgets when you first start your franchise, and then as soon as you progress to your first day, turn them on?

Would all teams keep their raised "salary cap" that is rewarded when budgets are disabled? Or would they be set back to the loweredvalue right away?

It would be neat if you could start with budgets turned off, but then enable them after you start the dynasty so that free agent negotiations and such would be available. Also, if turning budgets off initially and then setting them on later allowed teams to start with a little more money (as a result of initially having budget disabled), that would certainly be a nice mix of both..

But I am not sure what happens when you start a dynasty with budgets turned off, and only turn them on after it is started and underway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball »