Home

No practice mode?

This is a discussion on No practice mode? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2013, 12:57 AM   #1
Rookie

HarrySTruman's Arena

OVR: 0
No practice mode?

Is there any way to practice or scrimmage with MyTeam? I'd particularly like to practice my plays. As is, I try them out randomly during games, which is not optimal. It takes me a while to digest how a play works -- I like to run it over and over in a scrimmage.

So, no practice mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #2
MVP

Re: No practice mode?

I miss the free exhibition games. Seems like they removed everything they coudn't make money off of and it's more than frustrating.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:25 AM   #3
Rookie

QB1N's Arena

"Play with Friends"

Thats about the closest thing to practice mode... If you dont have any friends that are willing you help you practice then you need to get some lol...

Last edited by QB1N; 12-16-2013 at 01:34 AM.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #4
Rookie

HarrySTruman's Arena

Heh, I guess that's an option. But I'm really interested in an offline practice mode, one in which I can run the same play over and over to test it, and restart the practice mode if my players get too "cold." I'd drive my friends nuts doing that online.

It really surprises me that MyTeam has no offline scrimmage like this. MyGM does. I struggle in MyTeam, and I really just want to practice.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:35 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrySTruman
Heh, I guess that's an option. But I'm really interested in an offline practice mode, one in which I can run the same play over and over to test it, and restart the practice mode if my players get too "cold." I'd drive my friends nuts doing that online.

It really surprises me that MyTeam has no offline scrimmage like this. MyGM does. I struggle in MyTeam, and I really just want to practice.
I saw an option to do this, but it may have been in MyGM mode (under coaching I think). Freestyle (one person shooting) or scrimmage were the two options
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2013, 01:33 AM   #6
Rookie

HarrySTruman's Arena

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're thinking of MyGM mode. I use that scrimmage mode in MyGM all the time. It's a great way to experiment with plays, rebounding techniques, shooting styles, whatever. It's great, but I can't use it with my MyTeam squad (or its playbook).

I don't think there's an offline scrimmage mode in MyTeam at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »