Home

Domination is Dead...

This is a discussion on Domination is Dead... within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2014, 08:34 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Domination is Dead...

This is good for everyone that was talking about having stacked teams. Some folks were saying, "Jordan is everywhere, Lebron is everywhere..." Take that away and people get pissed. Can't please everyone.

I'll keep playing until I get 3 stars on everything... could take awhile!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2014, 10:50 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewink23
This is good for everyone that was talking about having stacked teams. Some folks were saying, "Jordan is everywhere, Lebron is everywhere..." Take that away and people get pissed. Can't please everyone.

Why do you think it limits people from having good players?
i had an all gold team before i originally finished domination mode.
If anything it forces you to buy vc.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:04 PM   #27
Rookie

2k honestly cant win with you guys. They cant please everyone. Im happy with the changes, but only bad part is the super teams will still be paint smashing.

Wish they originally had it this way, but its a game.

I assure you I will get over it.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:13 PM   #28
Rookie

[quote=JKorbini;2045870208]2k honestly cant win with you guys. They cant please everyone. Im happy with the changes, but only bad part is the super teams will still be paint smashing.

Wish they originally had it this way, but its a game.

I assure you I will get over it. [/quote

Its possible to stop paint smashing. They could have fixed the backcourt charges or 800 duplicates you get buying packs. People will find a way to get good players, they give out free VC everyday. At least reward the people willing to play 40-45 minutes a game with crappy players with something.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:30 PM   #29
Rookie

HarrySTruman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Miami
Sure, it only costs 2,400 MT points to feed your Bronze lineup if you have no one equipped with Signature Skills. If you do have players with Signature Skills the amount of MT points required to pay for contracts at least doubles.
It depends on what level of Signature Skills you equip. I mostly put bronze skills on my bronze players, and they add only 100 to the price -- 300 MT points rather than 200. And the 300 buys you five games, so it's really 60 MT per game, x 12 players; that's 720 MT per game. You can make 5000 MT in half an hour, so that seems like a reasonable investment to me. I also keep a few bronze players with no signature skills at all. Plus, you can buy a bronze pack and get three bronze players, each with 15-game contracts.

I personally enjoy playing bronze players. I can fire up MyGM and play with LeBron or Rondo whenever I like.

My main concern with this patch isn't the contracts. I think those are manageable. My concern is that I now apparently have no chance to earn 3 stars against teams that, for whatever reason, no longer display a 3-star pack for me, even though I never earned 3 stars against them.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:33 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewink23

Domination didn't guarantee you a stacked team..

It was challenging to get those 3 stars...
Old 01-19-2014, 06:30 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookemhorns1441
It's much better than the gold tournament. You get 36000 minus the 12000 you need to pay the team. In Domination, you get ~40000 (8000/game) for the 5 games minus the 2400 the contracts cost. 37600>>24000 for the same number of games.
How many people do you think actually average 8,000 MT points per Domination game? You also don't take into account adding Signature Skills to players which increases the cost to maintain your team's contracts.

Regardless of Domination still being slightly better than playing a Tournament for farming MT points, it doesn't justify 2K's greediness. The only reason it was patched is money. 2K couldn't care less about anything else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2014, 06:56 PM   #32
Rookie

wolowizard's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Miami
How many people do you think actually average 8,000 MT points per Domination game? You also don't take into account adding Signature Skills to players which increases the cost to maintain your team's contracts.

Regardless of Domination still being slightly better than playing a Tournament for farming MT points, it doesn't justify 2K's greediness. The only reason it was patched is money. 2K couldn't care less about anything else.
I agree that it's partially (if not completely) a money thing. That's to be expected, right? Do you guys think it was intended that anyone that wanted a full roster of gold cards had it in less than a week without spending anything out of pocket? For that matter, do you think the abundance of these "super teams" are good for the MyTeam mode?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »