Home

My Problem with Domination Mode No Longer Resetting

This is a discussion on My Problem with Domination Mode No Longer Resetting within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2014, 09:50 AM   #1
Pro

imfromhoiland's Arena

OVR: 0
My Problem with Domination Mode No Longer Resetting

All,

I was one of the people who loved to reset domination mode. It was not for creating a "super team". In fact, my current starting line up for Road to the Playoffs is comprised of 4 legends (and may soon be 5 if I choose to start The Glove over Paul). Resetting domination mode for me never had anything to do with Road To The Playoffs.

For me, it had to do with two things:
1. I want to complete collections of current my team players. I want to be able to collect all cards, and it was easier when I could play the team and collect players from that team that I beat. It just makes more sense in getting players from a team after beating them instead of having to open packs to get the player.

2. I loved that reward of packs for beating very good teams. Now, wins over teams like the Heat will just seem hollow. There no longer is a real reason to play the better teams once you get the three star packs. If now I only get MT points, why the heck would I play the NBA All-Star team instead of the Jazz?

I know they did this because people tried to make super teams from it, but this hurts other players in the process. This was my favorite game mode in the game, and now the replay value has dropped significantly. MLB The Show can't come soon enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2014, 11:38 AM   #2
Rookie

wolowizard's Arena

Re: My Problem with Domination Mode No Longer Resetting

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfromhoiland
For me, it had to do with two things:
1. I want to complete collections of current my team players. I want to be able to collect all cards, and it was easier when I could play the team and collect players from that team that I beat. It just makes more sense in getting players from a team after beating them instead of having to open packs to get the player.

I know they did this because people tried to make super teams from it, but this hurts other players in the process. This was my favorite game mode in the game, and now the replay value has dropped significantly. MLB The Show can't come soon enough.
I think your first point is exactly why they fixed it. That and all the contracts. I don't think it had anything to do with "super teams". Thaey want you buying packs, not farming domination. It was obviously too easy the way it was with rttp pauses and domination resets.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:48 AM   #3
Rookie

2023NBAchampsBOBCATS's Arena

OVR: 4

2k accidentally allowed us to reset the stars and replay teams for 3-star packs. We weren't able to before until maybe around when patch #2 came out, correct me if I'm wrong. I believe the ones that have been replaying teams for packs should be grateful that we were able to for this long. I absolutely hate 2k's for being so money hungry and for the server issues before and future server issues but they did try to make it up to us by making it so easy to get MJ, Dr. J, Magic, the Glove and the Hornets. I love basketball games but surely I'm not going to pick up that garbage called NBA Live 14. This is their game so we can choose to play it or not because its far from perfect.

PG: Penny / MCW
SG: The Glove / Dell Curry / T. Ross
SF: Magic / Gerald Green
PF: Terry Cummings / LaPhonso Ellis / Larry Sanders
C: Bill Russell / Javale McGee
Old 01-18-2014, 04:09 PM   #4
Pro

iJayBoogyBoogysszs's Arena

I was looking to complete all the team collections this way I would reset the teams and get every silver and gold players I needed for that specific team then buy bronze packs to complete the collection but 2k is too money hungry and now completing all collections seems impossible due to all the dupes you get
Old 01-18-2014, 08:12 PM   #5
Rookie

The Domination mode stars resetting was clearly unintended and it made sense that they patched it.

What they should do is create tournaments for each of the six division and if you win the tournament you get a pack with 3 players from that division, with 1 player guaranteed to be a gold/silver. Would further put an emphasis on winning (and not running up the score like domination mode) while still giving a decent reward.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2014, 10:25 PM   #6
Pro

imfromhoiland's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletfc
The Domination mode stars resetting was clearly unintended and it made sense that they patched it.

What they should do is create tournaments for each of the six division and if you win the tournament you get a pack with 3 players from that division, with 1 player guaranteed to be a gold/silver. Would further put an emphasis on winning (and not running up the score like domination mode) while still giving a decent reward.
I would be okay with this. Right now the tournaments just aren't worth it to me.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:22 PM   #7
Rookie

I loved playing Domination Mode before they "fixed" it. Unlocking packs to get new players is the only reason I play this mode and now it takes way too long. I've already bought VC and I won't be doing it again. It's a total waste of money and I don't want to give another dime to 2K until they fix their ****.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:54 AM   #8
Just started!

Why not just have them reset every week kind of like how World of Warcraft resets raids every Tuesday? I just started playing, and I'm disappointed that my 3 star packs were so bad and I can't reset them now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »