Home

Is the lag universal?

This is a discussion on Is the lag universal? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2014, 03:08 PM   #9
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Is the lag universal?

The coding is just weird for this game. Park actually runs the smoothest for me and MyTeam would work well about half of the time. The regular ranked games were the worst for me...

Last Gen I never had this problem at all...
Old 01-19-2014, 03:24 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
No offense to you guys but why even play? I moved on to Madden online and it runs much smoother.
I don't mean to be a dick but that's kind of like asking why don't you try archery instead of going to the shooting range? Apples and oranges dude. I like basketball and don't know the first thing about Grid Iron.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:51 PM   #11
Banned

tylerh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venganzas
I'm in Australia and RTTP is literally unplayable for me right now. I would say there is about 3-5 seconds of input lag for me. It's complete luck if I get good releases but I would say 90% of my shots are F releases.

I'm not bad at releases either, I finished domination mode getting 3 stars on every single team after the block cheese was patched out.

2K Sports needs to learn that P2P does not work for online gaming, what's the point in even paying all this money for PS+ if there is no dedicated servers for a game as popular as 2k14?
3-5 seconds? That would be impossible. The worst I've had is maybe a half second. Not nearly as bad as you, but still makes playing on-ball defense a real pain. It has to be the fact it's P2P though, because much more graphically demanding games (Battlefield for example) have no problem running smoothly. If they insist on shoving VC down our throats they should use some of their profits to pay for dedicated servers for online play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2014, 05:00 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerh
3-5 seconds? That would be impossible. The worst I've had is maybe a half second. Not nearly as bad as you, but still makes playing on-ball defense a real pain. It has to be the fact it's P2P though, because much more graphically demanding games (Battlefield for example) have no problem running smoothly. If they insist on shoving VC down our throats they should use some of their profits to pay for dedicated servers for online play.
I 100% agree with this. I know the issue is not my internet connection because Battlefield 4 runs amazingly smoothly for me also. It is disgusting that with all the in game micro transactions on top of the initial purchase price that they could not shell out for dedicated servers.

This is made even worse by the fact they are absolutely woeful at responding to any sort of support requests. When I had the CE-34878-0 error in MyCareer at launch it took them 5 days to come to this response:

"- According to Sony, CE-34878-0 means that the application has crashed and to restart the application in the content area. we do not have much information about the error code. If not done already with Sony, also we'd suggest trying their official guide for booting into Safe Mode:

https://support.us.playstation.com/a...tail/a_id/5044

From this guide, what we'd suggest is the "Rebuild Database" option. Note: The Initializing option does state that it will wipe your date. When booting into Safe Mode, please make sure not to choose this option."
Old 01-19-2014, 05:32 PM   #13
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venganzas
I don't mean to be a dick but that's kind of like asking why don't you try archery instead of going to the shooting range? Apples and oranges dude. I like basketball and don't know the first thing about Grid Iron.
No it is like saying don't go to the shooting range at all if it isn't fun or worth going to. Madden was just an example of an online game that works smooth online (for the most part). I stopped playing MyTeam and could never get into the quick ranked due to the horrible lag. It is a waste of time to build your team when the online sucks, there is no stat tracking, and everyone pauses or has MJ.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:57 PM   #14
Rookie

There seems to be some sort of input lag for everyone. You can tell from the releases on the free throw line and when people shoot wide open 3 pointers. It also buggers up on-ball defense.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:20 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Miami
There seems to be some sort of input lag for everyone. You can tell from the releases on the free throw line and when people shoot wide open 3 pointers. It also buggers up on-ball defense.
I have completely given up on-ball defense. Too many people just turboing around the perimeter trying to shake you. I was using my center to play paint clog, but that is almost completely useless against Jordan and Lebron with posterizer that I see four out of every five games. I have taken to playing whatever wing is being used the least and just trying to stay out of the way as best I can and hoping that my cpu teammates won't completely suck on defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2014, 11:33 PM   #16
Rookie

As much as I love the game is it unplayable online for me, I actually pay for 50mbps just so I don't have these problems but of course 2k ****s us over with the servers, my input lag is of about 1.5 secs, I miss every free throw, three pointer, mids, hell even lay ups because people can just walk to me and block in all the time it takes to shot.... Wish they would care, it really makes me sad as this is the only game I play and already wasted so much money and time :/

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »