Home

Is the lag universal?

This is a discussion on Is the lag universal? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2014, 03:58 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is the lag universal?

I wonder if the jersey-glitch/bug i experience when playing online is connected to the lag... anyone else have that problem that when you see the players during a time-out and their jerseys are shaking like crazy? or you hear the commentators talking and suddenly they stop and the sentence continues one second later? or if you try to change the lineup during the timeout itīs almost impossible to switch players because of the lag. sometimes the connection seems to be "normal" (still it doesnīt play like mycareer and it doesnīt seem to run smoothly like for example chris smooves myteam gameplay on youtube) but i still have that jersey "bug" and very often i get a "very late" and "f" shot selection even though i shoot an open 3 with jerry west (somehow i miss way too many shots with him even without terrible lag, i thought "jerry west doesnīt miss!"). even freethrows are hard to make with that lag sometimes, i donīt want to blame it all on the lag but i definetly have a disadvantage since iīm not from the USA and i get matched up to americans mostly who probably are chosen to be the hosts of those matches resulting in lag on my side.

Or would you say this kind of lag i described is "normal"?

TL;DR: myteam matches often lag for me, unfair, disadvantage for me (or both players?)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2014, 12:35 AM   #26
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desperado712
I wonder if the jersey-glitch/bug i experience when playing online is connected to the lag... anyone else have that problem that when you see the players during a time-out and their jerseys are shaking like crazy? or you hear the commentators talking and suddenly they stop and the sentence continues one second later? or if you try to change the lineup during the timeout itīs almost impossible to switch players because of the lag. sometimes the connection seems to be "normal" (still it doesnīt play like mycareer and it doesnīt seem to run smoothly like for example chris smooves myteam gameplay on youtube) but i still have that jersey "bug" and very often i get a "very late" and "f" shot selection even though i shoot an open 3 with jerry west (somehow i miss way too many shots with him even without terrible lag, i thought "jerry west doesnīt miss!"). even freethrows are hard to make with that lag sometimes, i donīt want to blame it all on the lag but i definetly have a disadvantage since iīm not from the USA and i get matched up to americans mostly who probably are chosen to be the hosts of those matches resulting in lag on my side.

TL;DR: myteam matches often lag for me, unfair, disadvantage for me (or both players?)
There is no host in 1v1 P2P sports games. Both users experience the lag.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:24 AM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
There is no host in 1v1 P2P sports games. Both users experience the lag.
then why do people i come up against online in myteam tell me they donīt experience the lag at all while i can barely pass the ball without turning it over because thereīs at least 0.5 second delay?
on xbox one almost everyone has his kinect turned on so I often ask my opponent if he has lag too and itīs always fine for them...
Old 02-15-2014, 06:52 AM   #28
Rookie

Most of the time the lag is one sided
Old 02-15-2014, 11:30 AM   #29
Rookie

AHaras's Arena

i have not lagged in game once with 2k14.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:10 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHaras
i have not lagged in game once with 2k14.
then your xbox/ps4 is most likely located somewhere in America
Old 02-16-2014, 10:24 AM   #31
p0w
Rookie

p0w's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desperado712

i have exactly the same Problems, i'm from Europe
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2014, 02:22 PM   #32
Rookie

The lag seems to be worse at the weekend, anyone else noticed this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »