Home

Series 3 Historic Packs

This is a discussion on Series 3 Historic Packs within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2014, 10:55 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Series 3 Historic Packs

Quote:
Originally Posted by daam81
You'll be better off with 2000 LA Shaq
Why is that? What's the big differnce?
Old 01-20-2014, 02:29 PM   #50
Rookie

Pulled Penny on my second pack and Horace Grant on my third, IMO any other pack apart from Magic isn't worth it this time.
Magic Shaq is 94 overall and LA 97 Shaq is 95 overall but the LA team is worst.
Any one know what's the dif between this 70-71 LA pack and the previous 2 lakers packs?

Edit: Spent over 170k MT and 50k VC in Magic packs, got everyone but Nick Anderson in first tries, everyone else was dupe. The Amount of dupes is ridiculous...

Last edited by cesliz; 01-20-2014 at 02:42 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:47 PM   #51
Pro

OVR: 6

Got SHAQ! Only 1 dupe !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2014, 02:57 PM   #52
Rookie

wolowizard's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesliz
Pulled Penny on my second pack and Horace Grant on my third, IMO any other pack apart from Magic isn't worth it this time.
Any one know what's the dif between this 70-71 LA pack and the previous 2 lakers packs?

Edit: Spent over 170k MT and 50k VC in Magic packs, got everyone but Nick Anderson in first tries, everyone else was dupe. The Amount of dupes is ridiculous...
Sadly, I think I'm going to just skip this round all together. I dunno, maybe take a couple flyers at Cleveland for entertainment value (Hot Rod, Kerr, Ehlo, etc). I guess the Jordan pack is cheaper this time (on the off chance there's anyone left that didn't get him..haha), but it is weird that they rolled out such similar teams with the Lakers and Bulls. I'd love to have Shaq, but have no interest in completing the whole collection.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:58 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesliz

His overall maybe I higher but I think magic shaq is slightly more athletic and higher dunk tendency.. Not sure have to check when I get back home
Old 01-20-2014, 03:04 PM   #54
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Can we pull Pippen in this pack or can he only be gotten as a collection prize?
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 01-20-2014, 03:08 PM   #55
Rookie

wolowizard's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
Can we pull Pippen in this pack or can he only be gotten as a collection prize?
Collection reward, I believe. I'd probably rather take shots with the Series 2 Historic pack. But, I expect we'll have several more chances at him, regardless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2014, 03:24 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolowizard
Sadly, I think I'm going to just skip this round all together. I dunno, maybe take a couple flyers at Cleveland for entertainment value (Hot Rod, Kerr, Ehlo, etc). I guess the Jordan pack is cheaper this time (on the off chance there's anyone left that didn't get him..haha), but it is weird that they rolled out such similar teams with the Lakers and Bulls. I'd love to have Shaq, but have no interest in completing the whole collection.
I didn't get Jordan last time and wont get it this time, I'm waiting on the '95-'96 Bulls packs, those have Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, Kerr... You should check out NBA Today > Quick Game and look for the historic teams, you can even compare teams (I already have a wish list of teams based on that)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »