Home

MyTeam Defensive question...

This is a discussion on MyTeam Defensive question... within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2014, 11:00 AM   #9
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: MyTeam Defensive question...

Sadly you have to get extremely creative when coming up with defensive schemes since they took out coach profiles and individual defensive assignments.

Play Physical=100 on ball def pressure
Limit shots=100 off ball defense with no help def
Nothing inside=double on drive with 100 help
Play conservative=barely any on ball pressure
Create Chaos=Traps ball screens and near sidelines
Key on player=not sure exactly but I'd imagine it doubles them and denies them the ball.

It is all or nothing...it is hard to mix and match on defense. Something you could to stop penetration is use Conservative defense (so your guys sag off the ball a bit to stop the ball penetration) combined with limit perimeter shots (no help d so if your guy gets burnt the def doesn't collapse). Then you can manually bring your own help, whether it is weakside or another big. Make your opponent make that skip pass and mix up your help defense.

I like to play zone to stop the 3's. I use 3-2 if they only have 3 or less 3 point shooters on the court and if they have 4 or more then I use a 1-3-1 and control the PF (Put someone good like Battier, Durant, etc. that is versatile) to manually cover the corners. I give up the high post, which no one uses.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:28 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
Sadly you have to get extremely creative when coming up with defensive schemes since they took out coach profiles and individual defensive assignments.

Play Physical=100 on ball def pressure
Limit shots=100 off ball defense with no help def
Nothing inside=double on drive with 100 help
Play conservative=barely any on ball pressure
Create Chaos=Traps ball screens and near sidelines
Key on player=not sure exactly but I'd imagine it doubles them and denies them the ball.

It is all or nothing...it is hard to mix and match on defense. Something you could to stop penetration is use Conservative defense (so your guys sag off the ball a bit to stop the ball penetration) combined with limit perimeter shots (no help d so if your guy gets burnt the def doesn't collapse). Then you can manually bring your own help, whether it is weakside or another big. Make your opponent make that skip pass and mix up your help defense.

I like to play zone to stop the 3's. I use 3-2 if they only have 3 or less 3 point shooters on the court and if they have 4 or more then I use a 1-3-1 and control the PF (Put someone good like Battier, Durant, etc. that is versatile) to manually cover the corners. I give up the high post, which no one uses.
Great Advice CB , Still hate to make zones my primary D after I fought the urge last year, but after tinkering a bit this week I've come to realize that it might be the only way to get any stops in this game. I agree w/ previous poster that it's 2k's fault as well as the guy who said it's a bit cheesey but at least you can get a W. I like how you broke down the POE's. I'm going to mix man w/ a 1 - 3 - 1 , I guess if it's good enough for Michigan and Jon Beilein it's good enough for me!

GO BLUE btw #BeatOhio
Old 02-12-2014, 12:45 AM   #11
Rookie

AHaras's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2WinIsNow
Great Advice CB , Still hate to make zones my primary D after I fought the urge last year, but after tinkering a bit this week I've come to realize that it might be the only way to get any stops in this game. I agree w/ previous poster that it's 2k's fault as well as the guy who said it's a bit cheesey but at least you can get a W. I like how you broke down the POE's. I'm going to mix man w/ a 1 - 3 - 1 , I guess if it's good enough for Michigan and Jon Beilein it's good enough for me!

GO BLUE btw #BeatOhio
i'm a spartan fan, and we clearly have you beat in football now-a-days...but you guys have put together one hell of a basketball program the last few years. michigan is looking great again this year. i see you guys going to at least the final four again.

GRIII doesn't consistently play hard enough though imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2014, 05:46 PM   #12
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Lol I remember that coach at WVU running that 1-3-1 and it confused and just shocked people in the tourney. They made the elite 8 one year with that Pittsnoggle guy.

1-3-1 isn't hard to beat, but it is just hard to run well and rebound out of. I coached bball at the JH level and the 1-3-1 was always one of the harder defenses to teach. It can be incredibly effective though if you have the right personnel along with some wingspan to make your opponent use skip passes.

I personally don't care if people use zone. I have plays to beat it, but I find it very cheesy when people constantly change defenses mid-possession to break up the play art. At that point, you aren't playing basketball and just abusing exploits in the coding.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:36 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
I find it very cheesy when people constantly change defenses mid-possession to break up the play art. At that point, you aren't playing basketball and just abusing exploits in the coding.
AMEN!
Old 02-13-2014, 04:30 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

off topic, but on the matter of defense, i think they should reduce the foul limit to account for shorter quarters. I think you should foul out at 4 rather than 6 so people that constantly reach get punished. it's really annoying when they continuously foul and break up your offense.

Last edited by Rotatingkitchen; 02-13-2014 at 04:31 PM. Reason: spelling

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »