Home

On ball steals

This is a discussion on On ball steals within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2014, 07:08 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
On ball steals

Gary Payton just stole the ball like 7 times from my Magic Johnson while i was in the protect dribble stance taking the ball upcourt. Sure the dude had 5 fouls by the end of the game, but fouling isn't an issue on 6min quarters. just annoying when all you see bums do is spam steals the 5 seconds they decide to play on ball..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2014, 10:33 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: On ball steals

Yes, cheeser are overabusing reaching.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:37 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Be thankful he is playing on-ball D.

It could be worse like I hate when people do the 100 Defense Assist and play off all with the center. Then Michael Jordan and the rest of the usual all gold clan is picking off every pass. Dont even get me started with the lag and then walking into a charge in the backcourt.

But some tips:

Dont let him suck you into the animation that allows the pick pocket to happen instead when you are dibbling towards him prevent all contact as much as possible. Do a behind the back, hesitation move or when you go up to the defender do a behind the back returning to neutral position.

2k actually somewhat prevented Square/X spammers by making it the intentional foul button.

Practice different animation by mixing it up the turbo button and right stick can be used to for fast launches.

Dont be repetitive or predictable. Switch it up a little bit.

Practice this and good luck
Old 02-09-2014, 02:49 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyccc
Be thankful he is playing on-ball D.

It could be worse like I hate when people do the 100 Defense Assist and play off all with the center. Then Michael Jordan and the rest of the usual all gold clan is picking off every pass. Dont even get me started with the lag and then walking into a charge in the backcourt.
If they are playing off-ball D on the center, then shouldn't the computer pick off less passes? If they are playing on-ball D, they would pick off more passes because there are more computers to steal your passes. Although it is annoying when people don't play any on-ball D, the intercepted passes are not a product of that.

Also, just a tip, if you run at an angle or go serpentine down the court after inbounding it then you will rarely get called for charges. If they try to take a charge, pass it to that guy's man and get the free dunk.
SF: T-Mac/George
PF: Diamond KD/Lebron
C: Onyx KG/Ruby AD
Old 02-09-2014, 07:49 AM   #5
Rookie

WOW. So after some ridiculous Michael Jordan cheese i'm down 1 with 20 seconds to go. I inbound the ball to magic johnson and his horace grant strips it before i've even started dribbling. lmao i think somewhere in the 2k offices they had a sign up that said "make sure sim players lose". Done with the NBA 2k franchise i've been burned too many times with other greedy devs to let it happen again

Last edited by Rotatingkitchen; 02-09-2014 at 07:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »