Home

What are your best tips to win in Road to the Playoffs?

This is a discussion on What are your best tips to win in Road to the Playoffs? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2014, 12:14 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What are your best tips to win in Road to the Playoffs?

When can I make threads ???? Any one knows I'm new here
Old 03-09-2014, 12:47 PM   #34
Rookie

Complimentairy good players, a decent game plan that you can adjust according to the defence, mix up PoE and throw different defences, matchups and time outs when things aren't going well.

BTW stupid question maybe but do you always get an opponent from the same seed?
Old 03-23-2014, 12:51 PM   #35
Rookie

So, I'm new to this game, bought it around 1 and a half weeks ago. MyTeam is the most fun game mode so far. But I really struggle a lot and I have some questions:

1. Any tips for the defence? Espicially defending 3 point throws from players like Bryant, Jordan and co.?
2. Whats the best way to earn MT and VC Coins?
3. Which packs are good to open?
4. How can change the camera before the game?
5. Whats the best way to get my fav player, James Harden? Rocket Packs?
6. Which of the historic packs are the best to get players like Chamberlain, Jordan or Pippen?
7. How do I get Diamond, Saphire and Ruby players?
8. How can I step up my game in general?
9. Any other tips and tricks?
10. In which packs is it likely to get players like LeBron, Kobe, Durant etc.?
11. What do you think of my Team so far?

PG: Emerald Carter-Williams
SG: Emerald Stephenson
SF: Kawhi Leonard
PF: Benett
C (PF): Haslem

on the bench only bronzes to this point

(Sorry for my english Im german)

thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2014, 01:04 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty521
So, I'm new to this game, bought it around 1 and a half weeks ago. MyTeam is the most fun game mode so far. But I really struggle a lot and I have some questions:

1. Any tips for the defence? Espicially defending 3 point throws from players like Bryant, Jordan and co.?
2. Whats the best way to earn MT and VC Coins?
3. Which packs are good to open?
4. How can change the camera before the game?
5. Whats the best way to get my fav player, James Harden? Rocket Packs?
6. Which of the historic packs are the best to get players like Chamberlain, Jordan or Pippen?
7. How do I get Diamond, Saphire and Ruby players?
8. How can I step up my game in general?
9. Any other tips and tricks?
10. In which packs is it likely to get players like LeBron, Kobe, Durant etc.?
11. What do you think of my Team so far?

PG: Emerald Carter-Williams
SG: Emerald Stephenson
SF: Kawhi Leonard
PF: Benett
C (PF): Haslem

on the bench only bronzes to this point

(Sorry for my english Im german)

thank you.

1. Have the guy you are playing as play off the ball. Have the computer control a good defender to defend the ball carrier.

2. Earn MT by playing Tournaments, Domination, and even RTTP. The best VC is by doing MyGM but that is really boring.

3. If you are building a team from scratch, I'd buy the Emerald Packs and historic packs, best chance at great players.

4. For me at least, when I change the camera in game once, it saves for the next game I'm in.

5. Yeah probably Rockets packs for him, otherwise the "Rockets Away" tournament has him as an award, but you need 8 Rockets players to play in it.

6. Whichever Historic packs have the 91' Bulls or whichever year you want of the player. I pulled 91' MJ on my first Historic 3 (?) series pack that I opened.

7. You get those players by getting to a high seed in Race for the Playoffs or by completing collections, or by winning tournaments.

8. Practice, get a good playbook that you like etc.

9. Don't ever quit games, even if you are losing big you can come back and get into your opponents head. And it is always good practice.

10. Gold packs, or their team's packs.

11.Pretty decent, Leonard is really good and MCW is pretty good too!

If you are playing on a PS4 and want to play a game and practice you can add me, my PSN is MaxofMN. Good luck!
Old 03-28-2014, 04:24 PM   #37
Rookie

RTTP is very nannying especially people wo run back and forth with jerry west or stef curry.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:45 PM   #38
Pro

RayZLAL's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethemidget
RTTP is very nannying especially people wo run back and forth with jerry west or stef curry.

Those are the easy people to beat
Old 03-28-2014, 08:09 PM   #39
Rookie

AussieAdz19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayZLAL
Those are the easy people to beat
Yeah and if you lucky, they will quit before the Half.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:34 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
1. Defense is all about creating favorable matchups and using the correct points of emphasis. Also, try to get the lockdown defender signature skill for all your perimeter players. It will neutralize all of the offensive player's signature skills. Check this site's guides for details on signature skills and points of emphasis.

2. Using an all-bronze lineup can get you around 7,000-9,000 MT per Domination game. For earning VC, playing key games in My Career is the most lucrative method now that the My GM rewards were reduced.

3. I open historic packs with VC and emerald packs with MT. Those will give you the best bang for your buck. You can still get gold and silver players by opening the emerald packs.

4. After you change the camera in-game and complete that game, your settings should save permanently.

5. I recommend completing the offline "Rockets Away" tournament to get Sapphire James Harden. It's just 5 games against the CPU.

6. By far the best version of Pippen is the Sapphire Scottie Pippen that you get for winning the "50 Greatest" online tournament. For Michael Jordan, you can't go wrong with any of his cards.

7. You can unlock special players by completing tournaments, completing card collections, and advancing to the top three seeds in Road to the Playoffs. 2K also occasionally gives out locker codes on Twitter.

8. & 9. The pick and roll is highly effective on offense. Learn how to use all three varieties (roll, fade, slip). Also make sure you're using the right set for your personnel. Use 3-out 2-in if you want two big men down low. Use 4-out 1-in if you want to spread the floor with shooters.

On defense, don't reach or jump too much. Focus on good positioning and contesting shots without leaving your feet. Make sure shot contest is set to "always" in your coaching options.

10. You have a decent backcourt but are very weak in the frontcourt. I would try to get a good center and power forward to help your team. Shawn Kemp is a beast at power forward. There are plenty of good historic centers to choose from (Ewing, Robinson, Olajuwon, Chamberlain, Shaq, Russell).

Once you complete the offline tournaments for James Harden and Stephen Curry, your guards will also be a lot better.

Last edited by jyoung; 03-28-2014 at 08:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »