Home

What are your best tips to win in Road to the Playoffs?

This is a discussion on What are your best tips to win in Road to the Playoffs? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2014, 03:45 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: What are your best tips to win in Road to the Playoffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty521
In which Pack can I get O'Neal? Or is he a collection reward?

Which are the best PFs in the game?

How Long remain the 98 Jazz packs? Is it worth trying to complete it?
The easiest way to get Shaq is through the '97-'98 Lakers historic pack. Shaq is the collection reward, and it only takes 7 other Lakers players to earn Shaq. You'll also get afro Kobe Bryant (a.k.a. Frobe) in the process, who is a great perimeter player.

I don't recommend going after the Jazz collection, as the only good player you'll get is the Karl Malone reward card.

Malone is easily trumped by Shawn Kemp, who is the best natural power forward in the game by far. Kemp's speed, quickness, and vertical are way better than anyone else at the position.

Plus you can always put a smaller center like Hakeem Olajuwon at the four and he'll do better than someone like Karl Malone in a 3-out, 2-in system.

If you're running a 4-out, 1-in offense, you'll want to use a larger small forward like Scottie Pippen, Rudy Gay, LeBron James or Carmelo Anthony who can play on the perimeter as well as inside.

Last edited by jyoung; 03-30-2014 at 03:49 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:57 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

At the Moment im playing Gay as my PF cause 98 Pippen is my SF, hes doing OK but i would rather use a Better One. Center and PF are the positions i really need anyway.

How can I get Kemp?
Old 03-30-2014, 04:18 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

Shawn Kemp is one of the players you can pull from any pack that has the '95-'96 Sonics.

Gary Payton is the Sonics' collection reward. Payton's definitely worth getting, too. He's 6'4", has 99 steal, 99 on-ball defense, and a 98 defensive awareness if you have a +4 coach like Gregg Popovich.

Last edited by jyoung; 03-30-2014 at 04:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2014, 04:47 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Shawn Kemp is one of the players you can pull from any pack that has the '95-'96 Sonics.

Gary Payton is the Sonics' collection reward. Payton's definitely worth getting, too. He's 6'4", has 99 steal, 99 on-ball defense, and a 98 defensive awareness if you have a +4 coach like Gregg Popovich.
Shawn Kemp is the collection reward, not Gary Payton.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:56 PM   #53
Rookie

Ok but isnt it a bit hard to finish the collection if u get all these players from the other teams aswell?!

And somehow I can't find 97 98 Lakers Packs :S
Old 03-30-2014, 05:00 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty521
Ok but isnt it a bit hard to finish the collection if u get all these players from the other teams aswell?!

And somehow I can't find 97 98 Lakers Packs :S
The pack isn't in the rotation specifically, but they are in the historic pack six which would you give you a much less chance of completing the collection, so I'd just wait till the Magic Shaq comes back since it will be sooner than the lakers one since it was just out. Also the Magic shaq is better than the lakers one plus you get Penny Hardaway, Horace Grant, and Dennis Scott in the process of completing the collection.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:05 PM   #55
Rookie

Okay, so i'll be waiting for Shaq. But i need a new Center, atm I have Laimbeer and he's kinda weird. Tried to get Howard and Hibbert but only packed a lot of Bronzes :/ which packs would you guys open in order to get a good one? And thank you all for your answers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2014, 05:17 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

The best historic big man that has a team pack out right now is '93-'94 Dikembe Mutombo. But I don't think he's worth the price it would cost to get him, as he's a collection reward, and those Nuggets packs are 6,000 VC per card.

Karl Malone would be the second best historic big man who has a team pack out right now, but again, I really don't recommend going after him.

For current NBA players, emerald Andre Drummond is probably the best bargain.

Gold Joakim Noah is also a good deal since '13-'14 Bulls backs are only 3,750 VC.

Roy Hibbert and Dwight Howard are probably your next best bets at 6,000 VC per pack.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »