Home

How much money have you spent on this mode?

This is a discussion on How much money have you spent on this mode? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2014, 11:48 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: How much money have you spent on this mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeGoatJames
I can understand spending money to get players you want and will use but people spending 100s for Jordan/LeBron with a slight boost in stats in insane

unless you make 250k+ a year thats such a waste of money

then you have people who spend 1K + for Diamond Rose
250k a year seems kind of arbitrary doesn't it? I make a nice living, but not even half of 250k a year. Now I do live in a city with reasonable housing prices and I don't have any (other) nasty vices. Does it make great fiscal sense? No, of course not, but does an amp in your car or 20+ inch wheels, a dime bag here or there, trips to the beach, nice meals, etc etc. no, but you can enjoy those things too. Insane? Not at all.

To each their own!
Old 03-31-2014, 12:33 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua
250k a year seems kind of arbitrary doesn't it? I make a nice living, but not even half of 250k a year. Now I do live in a city with reasonable housing prices and I don't have any (other) nasty vices. Does it make great fiscal sense? No, of course not, but does an amp in your car or 20+ inch wheels, a dime bag here or there, trips to the beach, nice meals, etc etc. no, but you can enjoy those things too. Insane? Not at all.

To each their own!
I agree with this. While I've never bought any VC, it's because I don't have much extra money, but if you do, spend it and make your life more enjoyable! While I think each pack costs twice what it's actually worth (considering you can get many duplicates), I'd never look down upon someone who spends some extra money on this game.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:05 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

The way i see it is that i spend alot of free time playing myTeam because i truly enjoy it. Ive bought VC to get people i love and want to play with because it makes my expericance more enjoyable!
Old 03-31-2014, 01:10 AM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by o iNSaYNe o
Probably around $300-$400. Luckily I can afford it though. My team is insane lol. Only need Nique and Moncrief and ill have every Gold legend to get diamond MJ.

I don't see how some of you guys sit in front of a game and VC farm ALL DAY. Not worth it at all. Get a job and stop being a cheap *** lol
That's one of the dumbest mentalities i've ever heard lol. I make good money, but i'd rather buy something worthwhile. Being able to afford something doesn't mean you're smart with money. Spending 300-400 on a yearly iteration of a game you already paid for(and a game that's not even THAT great either) is just crazy and a waste. Could of got something much better for that price lmao.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:46 AM   #21
Banned

This is the greatest hustle EVER... People are spending hundreds of dollars to access what's already on the disk... LOL...

Last edited by Charles Xavyer; 03-31-2014 at 03:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2014, 06:11 AM   #22
Rookie

AussieAdz19's Arena

I've spent $40 on VC but only when the sales have been on lol. The way i see it, anything more than $60/$70 is too much because a COD Season Pass for Maps or Battlefield Premium Membership cost about the same amount and its sort of the same thing...... but yes its already on the Disc.

They all add extra enjoyment to the games in a different way.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:34 AM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAdz19
but yes its already on the Disc.
Yep.. it sure is... I caught myself about to spend money on this mode, and I had to think long and hard about whether it made sense to buy players that were already playable on the disc I just paid $60 for... It doesn't.

But you have to give it to EA and 2K.. they've brilliantly created a system that makes people feel like their wasting their money on something new, when in reality they're just flushing money down the toilet...
Old 03-31-2014, 07:56 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 1

Love guys like you. You give 2K unlimited money to let them develop their game. Unfortunately you let the developers cater the game more towards buying ish

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »