Home

Series Packs

This is a discussion on Series Packs within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2014, 06:57 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Series Packs

Tim Hardaway, Gary Payton, Jerry West and John Starks are all great guards that you can get without having to complete a team collection.

Almost all of the best legend centers are collection rewards, unfortunately.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:14 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grmplse
When I purchase the Historic Series 3 Pack in MyTeam, it's described as a pack that includes a player from either the "91 TrailBlazers, 71 Lakers, 90 Cavaliers, 95 Magic, 93 Bulls, 85 Bucks".

The last player I need to complete the entire historic collection and earn Diamond Michael Jordan is on the 71 Lakers. It's the Elgin Baylor and Walt Chamberlain(1 will be a reward, the other is the last card I need)

I have opened countless number of the Historic Series 3 packs and I have never received even ONE duplicate player for the 71 Lakers let alone the Elgin Baylor I need, but somehow I do keep getting players from the 71 Hawks, A team that isnt even on the list of players you might get when you buy this pack.

Has anyone else been buying packs andd found that you're getting the 71 lakers in a different pack I need to figure out which series will give me the 71 lakers so I can complete my full historic collection and get my diamond MJ
Yeah. I never got 70s Lakers in series 3. Maybe try the series packs that says it has the hawks?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2014, 08:13 PM   #11
Rookie

ColdBlooded1288's Arena

OVR: 0

I usually don't open series packs, but just opened my first one. Got 92,93 Gold Larry Johnson, so I definitely my start opening them a bit more. Also nice because they're so cheap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2014, 08:49 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Tim Hardaway, Gary Payton, Jerry West and John Starks are all great guards that you can get without having to complete a team collection.

Almost all of the best legend centers are collection rewards, unfortunately.
And Stockton and Penny Hardaway and Joe Dumars....
Old 04-11-2014, 10:53 PM   #13
Rookie

okc350's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAMackAttack
And Stockton and Penny Hardaway and Joe Dumars....

I'm not a big stockton fan.. If it were a younger version of him I'd probably enjoy him more but it seems like he's really limited in use for me. I much prefer guys like Magic, Jerry West, and Tim Hardaway.
Old 04-12-2014, 02:32 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdBlooded1288
I usually don't open series packs, but just opened my first one. Got 92,93 Gold Larry Johnson, so I definitely my start opening them a bit more. Also nice because they're so cheap.
Be careful though, because the thing about them is you can't use them for the requirements in the tournaments i notice.

Like if it says you need 8 rockets players, it has to be 8 13-14 Rockets players. If it says you need Bulls, your Jordans don't count.

I am not sure if they count as a gold player or silver player for All Silver teams but I haven't tried yet. Mostly been playing Mycareer and The Park just started getting bunch of packs and trying to learn how to play 5 on 5 real basketball lol.
Old 04-12-2014, 02:37 PM   #15
Banned

My favorite starting 5 right now for me (and I don't have any special cards, just gold):

Jerry West (young one, forgot year)
Jordan 95-96
LeBron
Tim Duncan 97-98
Hakeem
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2014, 03:38 PM   #16
Rookie

Jbruce71's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth
Be careful though, because the thing about them is you can't use them for the requirements in the tournaments i notice.

Like if it says you need 8 rockets players, it has to be 8 13-14 Rockets players. If it says you need Bulls, your Jordans don't count.

I am not sure if they count as a gold player or silver player for All Silver teams but I haven't tried yet. Mostly been playing Mycareer and The Park just started getting bunch of packs and trying to learn how to play 5 on 5 real basketball lol.
It depends on the tourney. I know for sure that you can use legends in the bronze, silver, and gold tournaments as well as the one that rewards you with ruby steph curry. Bulls, Rockets, and Division tournaments require current players.

Any other tournament I don't know about. (I think there's one for AI but I haven't tried that one)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »