Home

Best player by position

This is a discussion on Best player by position within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2014, 07:30 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Best player by position

List the best player you've used by position, and some others you have used for comparison's sake. Please no Jordan, as that would just be boring.

SF: Ruby Andre Iguodala. A close 2nd goes to Elgin Baylor, but Iguodala's all around game has made him my favorite SF in the game. I despise LeBron's release in this game, so I shoot far better with Iggy. Also, his defense can be game-changing and I love his ability in transition. Other notables I have used: LBJ, Sapphire Pippen, Sapphire Durant, 65 Baylor, 90-91 Worthy, 84-85 Dr J.

PF: Shawn Kemp. Rebounds very well (not the best, but definitely good enough), his dunks are ridiculous, and he's good at finishing through contact. He's also competent when it comes to paint defense. Other notables I have used: 96 Rodman, Jerry Lucas, Larry Johnson, Sapphire Griffin.

C: '72 Wilt, by far. I don't have the 71 Wilt, but they are almost identical anyway. He's really the only center I've used that's elite on BOTH ends of the floor. Others I have used: Russell, Olajuwon, Ewing, Malone, LA Shaq, Howard

I PG/SG off because I still can't find one I truly enjoy. Iverson is my favorite player of all time, but I just don't find him all that fun to use in this game at neither PG nor SG. Jordan is always on my bench because he's boring to use as he's overpowered. I'm currently using Emerald George at SG, and he's also inconsistent -- but I like his size at the position.

So how about you? Who are your best players at every position?

Last edited by VoItage; 06-01-2014 at 07:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2014, 08:19 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Best player by position

MJ is for fact the best SG, Dominique Wilkins seems like he'd be a beast. I'll find out monday.

LBJ is the best SF but Afro DR J is really close as well

I have Hakeem and Shaq and neither are great on offense , gonna get Wilt and hoping he's good on offense.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:36 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeGoatJames
MJ is for fact the best SG, Dominique Wilkins seems like he'd be a beast. I'll find out monday.

I have Hakeem and Shaq and neither are great on offense , gonna get Wilt and hoping he's good on offense.
How do you know which packs are next? Or do you plan on pulling series packs to get nique?
Old 05-31-2014, 08:41 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harden26
How do you know which packs are next? Or do you plan on pulling series packs to get nique?
they've rotated every pack in again except series 1 so it has to be next
Old 05-31-2014, 08:50 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeGoatJames

Wilt is dominant offensively. You just have to know when to pump fake instead of going straight up as to avoid a foul, as he's horrid from the charity stripe.

I'd estimate he shoots 80%+ for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2014, 09:00 PM   #6
Rookie

Some non obvious answer

Emerald Lillard Beast has been player of the game on a team that has diamond jordan almost half the time.

Gary Payton is just all round amazing.

Diamond Kobe is just insane in iso situations

Sapphire Harden can play 1-3 he is streaky but if he gets hot just give the ball to him every play he can't miss.

Ruby Iggy everyone knows about him now
Old 05-31-2014, 10:03 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 24

PG: Maybe Penny overall, but I like '87 Magic the best.
SG: Diamond Kobe
SF: Wilkins
PF: Kemp
C: Hakeem

For who's best at each position it really depends on you need from each position.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:50 PM   #8
Rookie

jaygaming901's Arena

My Dream Team and have yet to lose

PG - Derrick Rose
SG - Gold Kobe
SF - 92-93 MJ ( but since you don't want 60's Elgin Baylor
PF - Bill Russel
C - 72-73 Wilt

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »