Home

Is this Pack Opening System "Fair"

This is a discussion on Is this Pack Opening System "Fair" within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2014, 04:53 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Is this Pack Opening System "Fair"

These packs are terrible. 2k13 packs were really great becuase people can't have 5 Jordan's on their team. Yes I've played a team with 5 Jordan's 2 Lebrons 2 KDs and 2 Roses and diamond kobe
Old 06-15-2014, 05:43 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavericksFan1989
IMO, the 2k13 myteam packs were the best. Now, it feels like everyone has a stacked team with MJ, Lebron, Dr J and etc. In 2k13 whenever you got a gold legend it felt great because they were so hard to get and also packs were only 1,500 VC which is better than current gen(10,500VC and mostly dupes) and next gen. I also think Jordan should go back to strictly being a reward for making the first seed
That wouldn't make a lot of sense since there's not much to play for after getting to the first seed. Although I do agree it is too easy to get Jordan. There are far too many versions and this leads to all the cheese in this mode.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Ryan/Scherzer/Fernandez/Cueto/Darvish
Old 06-15-2014, 11:30 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

Considering you have to spend money or worse weeks of your time to get a player one specific player you want the answer is no. I watched many pack openings where guys spent 40-60 bucks just for one player and they dont get him. Its sad, but 2k loves it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2014, 12:49 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon44smith
These packs are terrible. 2k13 packs were really great becuase people can't have 5 Jordan's on their team. Yes I've played a team with 5 Jordan's 2 Lebrons 2 KDs and 2 Roses and diamond kobe
i believe it is patched
Old 06-16-2014, 12:01 PM   #13
Rookie

IMO we have noway of knowing if the present system is "fair". The frequency of duplicates over and over of the same player would hint that something in the programming is not creating enough randomness in the player received.

If the amount of VC or MT points spent over time determined what chance you had of unlocking certain players I would say its an unfair perhaps even unethical way (especially for VC buyers) of doing business.

I like the pack system, but there is room for improvement and it starts with duplicates.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »