Home

Unexpected good players in your Myteam

This is a discussion on Unexpected good players in your Myteam within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2014, 08:13 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Unexpected good players in your Myteam

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
The best silver players that I've used so far:

Jodie Meeks (Pistons, wing) -- With an 88 three-point rating, an easy shot release, and athleticism ratings all in the high 80s, Meeks is a great bargain on the wings. His defense isn't the greatest, but on offense, he's always threat to score in the half-court or in transition.

Ty Lawson (Nuggets, point guard) -- I'm pretty sure Lawson was a gold player in NBA 2K14? Anyway, he still plays like a gold in NBA 2K15. He has excellent athleticism, defense, and passing. Despite being small in size, he finishes well at the rim due to the acrobat badge and a high layup rating.

Ryan Anderson (Pelicans, stretch power forward) -- What he lacks in defense, athleticism, and rebounding, he more than makes up for with his 89 standing three-point rating and his numerous shooting/pick and roll badges. I don't know if there is a better player in this game to fill the roll of a shooting power forward who can spread the floor in a 4-out 1-in offense. This guy is my most consistent shooter by far.

Chris Copeland (Pacers, small forward) -- He won't win any awards for his defense, but his easy shot release and 90 three-point rating make him a great spot-up shooter. He can run the floor and hit the glass better than his 50-60 ratings might suggest, and he's even decent (but not great) at finishing around the rim.
Yep, Lawson was a gold in 2K14. I remember distinctly because he was my first gold player. It was the first time ever playing myTeam.

Ryan/Scherzer/Fernandez/Cueto/Darvish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2014, 08:56 PM   #42
Rookie

Hartenberg's Arena

OVR: 0

A few players pop into my head immediately.

First silvers

Jared Bayless - He is athletic, can finish at the rim a decent amount of the time, but his true strength is the mid range game. He is knock down from midrange, even when contested. Mainly because he jumps really high with his shot, so it's kinda hard to block. He goes for super cheap on the auction market also.

Oladipo - A fantastic finisher who also is a great defender. His shot is a little weird, but I'm alright with that, because he puts people on posters a lot.

Nerlens Noel - fantastic rebounder and a solid finisher down low. That's all I ask for from a center.

Markief Morris - A stretch 4 who can knock down shots from midrange and 3pt, and can finish down low. His defense is alright, but he is pretty good on offense.

My 4 favorite Bronze:

Wayne Ellington - silky 3 point shot. He knocks down a bunch of jumpers

Carrick Felix (has this dude even seen the floor in the NBA yet? lol) - regardless. he's a good finisher down low, and can jam on people. Has a decent 3pter as well, but he's one of those dudes who can shoot the 3, but not the 2. :/

Nazr Mohammed - good rebounder who can finish down low. Throws down some surprisingly nasty dunks.

Robert Covington - (once again, who?) - Has the Gerald Green shot which is super easy to time, and has a high 80 three. He has a pretty good mid-range, and can even play the 4 a little bit.
Old 10-19-2014, 02:22 AM   #43
Rookie

At the point, Jennings has been great for me. He hits his open threes, and always seems to come up big in the fourth quarter. It's been fun.

One player who hasn't been mentioned yet is Canaan. Great three point shooter. I trust him in big games. Better than Schroder (who was my fav. domination player in 2K14).

Stuckey is also very solid. Someone mentioned Alec Burk earlier. Stuckey is an upgrade. Brilliant coming off the bench driving and kicking. I don't trust his jumper though.

Still trying to decide whether I like Greek Freak. Some games he is great. Others he is just average. What do you think?

At center, Zaza and Haywood are very solid. You have to crash defensive glass though.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:37 PM   #44
Rookie

Heatcheck3s's Arena

I've actually kept 2 bronzes from the start. Quincy Miller plays like the bronze Durant for me, smooth shot release and his 3 PT is surprisingly decent in game. The other is PJ Hairston, has an average mid shot, but good finishing/dunks in the paint, decent 3s as well. Highly recommend these guys to anyone starting out on the road to playoffs ladder.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:31 AM   #45
MVP

rawdog805's Arena

OVR: 21

Best bronze players in my opinion, at least for my team are:

Isaiah Canaan - Buries open jumpers, I can get to the paint at will with him, and he is a good passer.

Troy Daniels - knock down 3 point shooter... Easy release, hits every open 3.

I've got Canaan starting over Tyler Ennis (silver)

XBox One GT: rawdog805

Twitch: dufflebag_ran

Steam: rawdog805
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2014, 01:40 AM   #46
Rookie

Omri Casspi is the best bronze player I've seen. He can throw down, catch oops, hits 3s like nobody's business. Silver, Nik Stauskas surprised me. Easy jump shot, better ball handler than I thought, and can finish around the rim and dunk.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:44 AM   #47
Pro

AirJordanFan93's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel4lyfe851
Xavier Henry Xavier Henry Xavier Henry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This all the way. Henry has been my most consistent player
Old 10-20-2014, 06:40 AM   #48
Banned

Henry Sims. Yep. That's right. I don't know why but this guy just seems to gobble up rebounds and hes always finding himself in open space around the basket for an easy lay in.

I usually get about 8 points and 6 rebounds with him but one game he went for 18 and 16 missing only two shots.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »